Rage quitter preventing league participation

Fueki.4753

Can you stop denying our league participation because some players leave during a match?This is highly frustrating as your system basically makes it wasted time for the players remaining in the match.

I take the 3 pips for a lose due to a rage quitter player every day.Even a single pip is better than NOTHING AT ALL.

If this goes on I won't even have the 10 matches to see "my" RNG "skill rating".

Play enough games and pips will come.But if you play solely for pips/rewards, it will be a boring experience.

I hope we will have better population in PvP this season - more players would help with a lot of issues, this one as well. (more players -> better chance for team without ragers\leawers)For me, expectation is that more players should increase number of close games. Close game= enjoyable game in my book.And if you enjoy the experience, rewards take a back seat.

Your expectation based on what? If anything, it will be worse considering we have duoq back for the season, and we all know what that means.

I hope it means more people playing :)DuoQ will not be a problem with big enough population: Opposing team and your team containing 1 or 2 pairs (DuoQuers if you will) has negligible impact on match quality provided enough people are participating - it would enable matchmaker to do it's job properly.

@Arioch.4810 said:Play enough games and pips will come.I hope we will have better population in PvP this season - more players would help with a lot of issues, this one as well. (more players -> better chance for team without ragers\leawers)

Sadly the main problem is with rage quitters literally STEALING the rewards, those people that ONLY opt into pvp for said rewards, (which they no longer get because of those quitters) will stop playing pvp (as they aren't guaranteed to get what they came for).Therefore, pvp will get even less players.

The result of that change basically means, Anet killed off pvp another little bit more.

@"Arioch.4810" said:

Your expectation based on what? If anything, it will be worse considering we have duoq back for the season, and we all know what that means.

I hope it means more people playing :)DuoQ will not be a problem with big enough population: Opposing team and your team containing 1 or 2 pairs (DuoQuers if you will) has negligible impact on match quality provided enough people are participating - it would enable matchmaker to do it's job properly.

You seem to forget that the DuoQ thing will concern maybe 250 players in each zone, though probably a good half of those 250 is already " active " in term of number of games played.If we count the number of players that won't play because of titles removal, i'm afraid there won't be many " close " games like you mentionned

@"Arioch.4810" said:

Your reasoning doesn't add up.Sub 1600 we ALREADY HAD DUO. Nothing here changes. There is no reason to assume we'd get a larger or smaller sub 1600 population; definitely not a much larger one.

And above 1600 it's very very obvious that both on EU and NA, but especially NA, do NOT have a population big enough to avoid the problems you talk about. Most of the issues with PvP are exactly from that : huge lacking population especially at the higher end, and as a result huge skill differences.

Either way, the upper end of the ladder will have problems which don't have negligible impact on match quality, which are made WORSE by allowing duo. You can pretend these wouldn't exist with a huge population of players but :A) that's plain false. These problems at the very edge of the ladder still exist, but the problem becomes less obvious and pronounced with population increase as both skill differences decrease; and the part of the population where these problems cannot be fixed becomes smaller relative to the total population.B) that entire scenario is IRRELEVANT, because GW2 high end PvP is dead. It won't become "alive" again. The problems will only get worse.

We can all pretend GW2 would be an amazing game if it had the competitive population to support these modes, but that's never ever going to happen because anet neglected these players and casuals "knew better". Until they realised they still get farmed even if virtually every good player leaves the game.

Saying DuoQ will not be a big problem with enough population is like saying WvW is a healthy, fun gamemode with a lively supporting population. It may be true, but the reality is this population doesn't exist anymore.

Archived