Guardian Patch notes 28/08

Mikau.6920

Guardian

• Wave of Wrath: This skill has been reworked into a ranged multipart autoattack.

• Bolt of Wrath: Fire a bolt that damages foes.
    • Searing Light: Fire a projectile that explodes on impact, damaging enemies in a radius of 120.
    • Seeking Judgment: Fire a homing projectile that explodes on contact, damaging enemies in a radius of 180.
  • Orb of Wrath: This skill has been reworked into a ground-targeted ranged attack and has been renamed Holy Strike. Holy Strike marks an area for judgment, rapidly healing allies and then blasting foes in the area. This skill has a radius of 240 and an 8-second cooldown.

• Empower: Might duration has been increased from 10 seconds to 12 seconds. This skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the 100% increased base healing value from PvP in all game modes.

• Mighty Blow: The damage dealt by this skill has been increased by 20% in PvE only.

• Signet of Courage: Reduced the passive healing multiplier on this skill by 70%, and reduced the passive base heal value by 75%. The passive healing will now pulse every 3 seconds instead of every 10 seconds.

• Perfect Inscriptions: Clarified the tooltip to include the duration the signets' passive effects are shared with allies.

• True Shot: The damage of this skill has been increased by 10% in PvE only.

• Defender's Dogma: Blocking attacks now reduces the cooldown of Spear of Justice by 3 seconds (to a limit of no more than once every 3 seconds) in addition to its current effect.

• Shield of the Avenger: Increased the shield dome duration from 4 seconds to 5 seconds.

• Bow of Truth: Increased the radius of this skill by 50%.

• Sword of Justice: This skill now applies cripple for 3 seconds in addition to its other effects.

Several healing fb's with Bow of Truth: Increased the radius of this skill by 50%.

more area to bombard with close to 1k ticks heals LOL pretty good when used in spike heals, and its a blast for against condi :D

Signet of Courage: Reduced the passive healing multiplier on this skill by 70%, and reduced the passive base heal value by 75%. The passive healing will now pulse every 3 seconds instead of every 10 seconds.

Finally.....something that makes sense lol.This is a good change Anet.

Orb of Wrath: This skill has been reworked into a ground-targeted ranged attack and has been renamed Holy Strike. Holy Strike marks an area for judgment, rapidly healing allies and then blasting foes in the area. This skill has a radius of 240 and an 8-second cooldown.

am I to understand that you guys gave an auto attack a cooldown?

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:Orb of Wrath: This skill has been reworked into a ground-targeted ranged attack and has been renamed Holy Strike. Holy Strike marks an area for judgment, rapidly healing allies and then blasting foes in the area. This skill has a radius of 240 and an 8-second cooldown.

am I to understand that you guys gave an auto attack a cooldown?

This is staff 2.

@Mikau.6920 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:Only buff to DH in PvP was the change to defender's dogma. Holy sheet. They really think Guardian is in a good place all around

They also gave +10% damage on True Shot on PvE only.

True but that's not PvP. Who is going to use LB in PvE because of 10%? They need to remove the FREAKING root!

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:Only buff to DH in PvP was the change to defender's dogma. Holy sheet. They really think Guardian is in a good place all around

True but that's not PvP. Who is going to use LB in PvE because of 10%? They need to remove the FREAKING root!

I agree the LB need some changes. The LB will still be not worth using at PvE.

@Mikau.6920 said:

I laughed so hard when I read this. I was like Anet really need to stop smoking, whatever it is they are smoking. Shield of the avenger 1 sec duration increase. Same thing.

Cripple on SoJ. I understand the logic behind it, but by no means that will make it work in n PvP. Apparently no one bothers to test shit.

I really do not understand the point behind tinkering around with skills that are useless (or useless in a game mode), and Remain in the same exact position after the change. Fucking waste of devs time. Either fix it or leave it alone and spend your time on something else...

I get the complaint on the lack of stuff for DH , again with the Spirit Weapons, and the Signets but to be honest seeing the Staff come back as somewhat viable and even if the Signet of Courage is still lacking it at least is moving in the right direction. Considering how so many of the previous patch notes were either a nerf or at best a correction to how a description was written in the skill notes I'll glad take it. Is it prefect ? No. But is alot better than we have seen in alot of the patch notes before ? In my opinion yes.

For PvE DH builds, The cripple added to Sword of Justice helps with the up time for Zealot's Aggression (Deal increased damage to crippled foes. 10%). The change to Signet of Courage is great because intervals of 10 seconds for the healing was terrible. No point in healing 800 HP if you die before the 10 second proc. At least now its every 3 seconds (roughly 67 hp per second), though I'd much rather it be like healing signet where it heals every second and not in intervals of 3. Guardians can now cast orbital strike on Staff 2, which heals and is also a blast finisher (not mentioned in tool tip).

Overall pretty meh. I mean Guardian is in a pretty good spot overall at least.

The Signet of Courage change isn't amazing. It won't replace Mantra of Liberation in PvP or WvW, and will only be used if Quickness and Fury is covered when playing Support Firebrand in PvE. I guess it's at least worth swapping to as an alternative now. It was only really used to carry bad pugs with an on use full heal to the group.

The Mighty Blow buff is just a big "??????". The same for True Shot. They would need to buff bow by a lot more in PvE to make it ever used over Scepter.

The Staff changes are lame to me. I said why in another thread in the Guardian forum.

The Spirit Weapon changes are ok, with added synergy with the Sword and Dragonhunter Cripple damage buff Trait. More block time and heals are good too with the Bow and Shield.

Defender's Dogma change is nice for PvP and WvW roaming.

Overall it's not horrible, but just meh. Any buffs are preferred, I just wish they didn't make useless and confusing buffs like the Mighty Blow and Trueshot ones.

@"Kam.4092" said:

The Spirit Weapon changes are ok, with added synergy with the Sword and Dragonhunter Cripple damage buff Trait. More block time and heals are good too with the Bow and Shield.

You and another poster above are missing a nice buff here: Sword of Justice now does soft defiance bar damagehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crippled

SOJ is solid for DPS, but I find myself regularly running with Hammer of Wisdom instead for the added CC, since I dont think signet is enough. (I run Core Guard btw).

Hammer is 200 break bar damageSOJ is now 45 break bar damage over 3 seconds

Not the same of course, but still an improvement.

@Mikau.6920 said:

• True Shot: The damage of this skill has been increased by 10% in PvE only.
  • Defender's Dogma: Blocking attacks now reduces the cooldown of Spear of Justice by 3 seconds (to a limit of no more than once every 3 seconds) in addition to its current effect.

Seriously only... 10% increase in pve only for True ShotFor defender's dogma I think this should have been ALL Virtues not just one.

It's been 2 years since any decent changes.personally I feel like they just plain hate Dragonhunter at this point and they're either playing around and joking with it, or they are waiting til we get forget about it's existance like scrapper.The LB is really awful, and many traits need a slight tweak or rework.

Archived