Elementalist Patch Changes 08/28

Abelisk.4527

• Aura skills now transmute the skill's coinciding aura to deliver an area effect (at a radius of 240). These skills have independent 10-second cooldowns and can be used whenever the appropriate aura is applied to the elementalist.• Fire Shield—Transmute Fire: Convert the flame aura into a fiery blast, granting might to allies and damaging foes.• Shocking Aura—Transmute Lightning: Convert the shocking aura into a disruptive explosion, stunning nearby enemies.• Frost Aura—Transmute Frost: Convert the frost aura into a replenishing blast, healing nearby allies and damaging foes.• Magnetic Aura—Transmute Earth: Convert the current magnetic aura into an earthen shockwave, granting protection to allies and damaging foes.• Lava Font: The damage of this skill has been increased by approximately 10%.• Flame Burst: This skill will now report "Out of Range" when players target foes outside of the skill's maximum range.• Eruption: The damage of this skill has been increased by 20%.• Call Lightning: Lightning-strike damage has been increased by 88%.• Quantum Strike: Lightning-strike damage has been increased by 29%.• Riptide: In PvP only, healing per level has been reduced by 24%, and healing power contribution has been reduced by 44%.• Earthen Vortex: The cooldown of this skill has been increased from 10 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP only.• Pyro Vortex: Lingering damage has been increased by 32%.• Aeromancer's Training: This trait now grants a 180 ferocity bonus rather than a precision bonus.• Raging Storm: In addition to granting fury on critical hit, this trait causes fury to grant up to 240 ferocity.• Superior Elements: The cooldown of this trait has been reduced from 10 seconds to 4 seconds in PvE only.• Elemental Polyphony: This trait now grants up to 120 ferocity instead of precision.• Elements of Rage: This trait now grants precision based on 13% of the elementalist's vitality instead of their ferocity.• One with Fire: This trait has been renamed Smothering Auras, and its functionality has changed. When applying an aura to the elementalist or an ally, Smothering Auras removes one condition. Detonating an aura removes two conditions from nearby allies. Fire auras have a 33% increased duration.• Lightning Touch: This skill now grants 2.5 seconds of fury for each foe struck, in addition to its other effects.• Grinding Stones: This skill now reduces incoming physical damage by 25% while active, in addition to its other effects. Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 18 seconds.• Plasma Burst: Increased damage by 100%. Increased the cooldown from 12 seconds to 15 seconds. Increased casting time from 0.25 seconds to 0.75 seconds.• Mud Slide: This skill now knocks down foes in a 180 radius at the end of the dash, in addition to its other effects. The knockdown impact can be blocked.• Cleansing Fire: The number of conditions cleansed has been increased from 3 to 5.• Burning Fire: The skill activated by this trait has been renamed Lesser Cleansing Fire. Fixed a bug in which this trait listed the incorrect amount of burning in its tooltip.• Magnetic Grasp: This skill has been replaced by Magnetic Leap. Magnetic Leap now immobilizes the struck foe for 2.5 seconds. Decreased Magnetic Leap damage by 66%. Increased the cooldown from 12 seconds to 18 seconds.

Wow. Fire specialization now seems like an attractive choice.

But Air attunement. Eles are going to hit VERY hard now! This is really awesome. Not to mention mainhand Dagger has gotten some love.

And is Auramancer back? Only difference is taking Fire over Earth specialization.

Really exciting stuff.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started testing and can't make new transmute aura stuff work...something is wrong or i am missing something?

Edit: ok it works but it seems it works only for weapon skills and only in combat...AND IT DOESN'T"T WORK WITH SHOUTS!?

Edit2: Thanks zencow.3651! Now aura shouts work for me too....unfortunately i can't see how new aura stuff could buff tempest in pvp...

Sadly aura detonation is only available if you use a SKILL to get it (frost aura from off hand dagger, fire shield from focus, magnetic aura from staff earth 3, shocking aura from Dagger air 3

SO SAD ! They need to make it available for all aura, & use a special action key to detonate it.

Actually you have to use again the same weapon skill to detonate it, which dont allow you to switch attunement if you want to detonate it ...

Smothering Auras should be in the water, earth, or tempest trait lines. Maybe it could replace diamond skin. No one is going to take the fire trait line. If one were to take this trait in pvp they would need to sacrifice protection on aura, which is essential for survival. Why was the trait placed in fire? Moreover, shouts and overload auras cannot be transmuted. Could you rework the transmute skills into an f5 skill?

Transmute works only if you have the corresponding Aura weapon skill e.g. Fire Shield on focus turns into Transmute Fire on focus from using Fire Shield itself, from leaping through a fire field or Feel the Burn etc but the Transmute Fire skill is on a 10 second cooldown (can be reduced by relevant attunement recharge trait).

The support effects are pretty weak but damage from the Transmute skills are pretty strong.

@Lasiurus.4067 said:Sadly aura detonation is only available if you use a SKILL to get it (frost aura from off hand dagger, fire shield from focus, magnetic aura from staff earth 3, shocking aura from Dagger air 3

SO SAD ! They need to make it available for all aura, & use a special action key to detonate it.

Actually you have to use again the same weapon skill to detonate it, which dont allow you to switch attunement if you want to detonate it ...

I thought that using the respective shouts would allow you to detonate the auras (including the granted ones) as well which got me a bit excited but to my dismay, that wasn't the case. At least Anet has acknowledged in a sense that auras are underwhelming in (especially) PvE, despite being a core element(heh) of healing Tempests?

@Abelisk.4527 said:• Riptide: In PvP only, healing per level has been reduced by 24%, and healing power contribution has been reduced by 44%.Like with nerf some months ago, please change Riptide description to "Evade and put Water Field".Sometimes I feel like developers are some blind children smashing keyboards and hoping balance will appear like wild pokemons.Dear ANet go and check whether other classes are fine, just leave ele alone.@Abelisk.4527 said:• Plasma Burst: Increased damage by 100%. Increased the cooldown from 12 seconds to 15 seconds. Increased casting time from 0.25 seconds to 0.75 seconds.Okay we got it, you desperately want us to play freshair, thank you for your effort...

At least Tempest fans are having some fun today :)

@Lasiurus.4067 said:Sadly aura detonation is only available if you use a SKILL to get it (frost aura from off hand dagger, fire shield from focus, magnetic aura from staff earth 3, shocking aura from Dagger air 3

That's not true. You need to have access to the weapon skill to detonate it, but as long as you have aura (seems like it works from any source), the skill changes to detonate. Tested with Tempest shouts.

@Feanor.2358 said:

That's not true. You need to have access to the weapon skill to detonate it, but as long as you have aura (seems like it works from any source), the skill changes to detonate. Tested with Tempest shouts.

They could add F5 skill to detonate any aura running on.

@Feanor.2358 said:

really ? Thats really weird. So you can detonate Fire Shield from shout only if you got a focus, right ?

@Lasiurus.4067 said:

really ? Thats really weird. So you can detonate Fire Shield from shout only if you got a focus, right ?

yup - it also means that only fire shout will work with new mechanic in standard tempest d/f healbot build...

Edit: well rebound too if you survive enough while staying alive in same attument

@Mr Godlike.6098 said:

yup - it also means that only fire shout will work with new mechanic in standard tempest d/f healbot build...

Edit: well rebound too if you survive enough while staying alive in same attument

Auras from overloads I guess.

@Zyph.8401 said:I hope this causes Tempest to see more use, even if it is just stale air spam

All detonation share the same CD though. they really buggered this one up. You cant for example use fire shout -> focus fire detonate ->focus fire aura->detonate again (because it's now on CD).

And none of it is enough to make tempest a viable support. It still lacks a +100 stat boost, or any sort of offensive buff. Druid absolutely crushes it still in PvE and then Firebrand in PvP, even Scrapper is more useful in WvW.

@NaturallyNick.4058 said:

@Zyph.8401 said:I hope this causes Tempest to see more use, even if it is just
stale
air spam

All detonation share the same CD though. they really buggered this one up. You cant for example use fire shout -> focus fire detonate ->focus fire aura->detonate again (because it's now on CD).

And none of it is enough to make tempest a viable support. It still lacks a +100 stat boost, or any sort of offensive buff. Druid absolutely crushes it still in PvE and then Firebrand in PvP, even Scrapper is more useful in WvW.

Sure, 5 Might stacks for 6 seconds as a base from detonating a Fire Shield would SURELY put Tempest Healer's might output on par with Druid now.

Seriously, what were they thinking?

@Torzini.1523 said:Hmm, nobody is talking about the buffs to Lava Font and Eruption. Is it just me or do those seem quite nice, at least for Staff Weaver in PVE? They more than make up a bit for the recent Meteor Shower nerf. (I don't play Sword Weaver so I can't comment on those changes.)

But at the same time they nerfed Elements of Rage (precision instead of ferocity). Overall, though, it should be slight dps boost.

@Critical Lag.9075 said:

@Torzini.1523 said:Hmm, nobody is talking about the buffs to Lava Font and Eruption. Is it just me or do those seem quite nice, at least for Staff Weaver in PVE? They more than make up a bit for the recent Meteor Shower nerf. (I don't play Sword Weaver so I can't comment on those changes.)

But at the same time they nerfed Elements of Rage (precision instead of ferocity). Overall, though, it should be slight dps boost.

Oh, ffffs. I missed that, thanks for pointing it out. Why'd they have to go and change that.

Welcome to the new age! ELE is now officially a MELEE CLASS! Dope! GJ anet! Thats just amazing. Because ele is just the class that screams sword and dagger! Loving that sooooooooooooooo much.OMG! And Auras are finally cleansing condis! Yaaay, does this mean support tempest is a little bit more viable? No? Wait, What? I have to take Fire trait line? For a supp? Of course! I need to have corresponding wpn skill aura to blast overloads and shouts? Wow! Can't wait to play Tempest!!Such a good changes this patch, solving so many problems I didn't even know were problems.

@Torzini.1523 said:

Oh, ffffs. I missed that, thanks for pointing it out. Why'd they have to go and change that.

They didn't really nerf it but moved the stats into Air traitline... Basically they want you to take Air traitline over Arcane

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

They didn't really nerf it but moved the stats into Air traitline... Basically they want you to take Air traitline over Arcane

(PVP) well it might have little sense cause they nerfed riptide combo again...shorter attument swap cooldown seems not so great now.

Archived