8/28 Changes Discussion Thread

ArthurDent.9538

I dont know what I think about the changes to One with Nature. I'm sure on a spreadsheet somewhere this means better things for the profession, but for a newb like me, it's decidedly less interesting. I really enjoyed double activating F2 to get a quick row of boons for me and my allies right as we enter a fight.

I dont get this changes at all, class become more brain dead than ever....

We have a pssive utilities for swiftness and now a passive trait as well...Boon Fart passive stuff now affect 10 players ...

They removed the herald stuff that was making Ventari worth using...

.....like wtf.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:NERFED MY BUILD.... Ventari/Herald...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Mind elaborating? At work so I can't check stuff closely or in game.

LOL. i was editing the post when i saw the quote message

Ventari is hard to heal targets outside static gameplay due the rush&spam gameplay every one is alowed, the herald heal boost when afecting the tablet movement was a small to decent heal, it was the only thing that could actually heal players in time....and heal the ventari support.Its usable but feals weaker due the removal of the move and heal bonus.Maybe Anet can compensate the F2 consume -1 tick only due how useless it is or actially make it improve trablet skills...

Theres way more conflict on the trait system than before... i dont like the changes.

True nature is not worth.,300-400 heals with 1500 healing power lol... every 3 sec???.. it would be better to be improving tablet movement heals...

Herald feels like a freaking beast.. 10 players afected by utilities plus lot of heal and damage :|

EDIT: i think im finnaly adpating tho these changes, still F2 on vantari is useless... it needs to buff heal when moving tablet.Heal on f2 ventari is useless how it is.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Ventari is hard to heal targets outside static gameplay due the rush&spam gameplay every one is alowed, the herald heal boost when afecting the tablet movement was a small to decent heal, it was the only thing that could actually heal players in time....and heal the ventari support.Its usable but feals weaker due the removal of the move and heal bonus.Maybe Anet can compensate the F2 consume -1 tick only due how useless it is or actially make it improve trablet skills...

Theres way more conflict on the trait system than before... i dont like the changes.

True nature is not worth.,300-400 heals with 1500 healing power lol... every 3 sec???.. it would be better to be improving tablet movement heals...

Herald feels like a freaking beast.. 10 players afected by utilities plus lot of heal and damage :|

EDIT: i think im finnaly adpating tho these changes, still F2 on vantari is useless... it needs to buff heal when moving tablet.Heal on f2 ventari is useless how it is.

Hmmm I am curious...will have to test out when I get home. Also: what healing boost existed in Herald before?

Initial impressions: I'm disappointed. F2 costing -3 energy hurts. Not only that, if you're playing the standard shiro/glint power build, it would be a buff to literally disable F2 when you swap over to Glint. That's how much Glint's F2 sucks. Shield getting some traited changed is a start. I'd like to see shield 5 cleanse for each pulse but at least it cleanse at the start of the channel. I hoped for a "rework" to shield but it feels like they moved some number around. Add flavors to F2, gave Glint underwater and called it a day. Underwhelmed.

Intial thoughts:

• Healing Herald's output is insane® now... Improved Regen + extra passive ventari heal + extra passive heal when granting a boon.
  • Overall dps increase for pve with the extra trait damage modifiers. I still don't think Glint's worth taking tho UNLESS Burst of Strength is supposed to affect the entire group and is just bugged atm. The wording is misleading and it's hard to tell if it's supposed to be a personal buff and the 5 targets means the tiny damage, or if the buff's supposed to be five target as well and just is bugged (cuz ya know, rev.)
  • Facet of Nature changes = Amazing... Ironically except for Glint, who is the associated elite stance.
  • PvP/WvW: One trick burst is better than ever with BoS added into the equation and Facet in Shiro feels really good.

I am not too impressed with the burst of strength change. Putting out a +20% damage increase debuff quickly was pretty nice for party play but now its +15% personal damage buff.

I guess it reminds me of the scenario when warrior longbow traited had its aa as 2x 100% projectile finishers. Well warriors burst longbow skill was a fire field so you would get double burning arrows every shot. That was latter called a bug and removed down to 2x 20%. Then later they went and just put traited burning on the aa anyhow removing the skill aspect of intentionally shooting through fire fields.

I guess the change will increase personal damage spike but also keep in mind that it removes synergy with targeted destruction and focused siphoning.

Hmmm I am curious...will have to test out when I get home. Also: what healing boost existed in Herald before?

Nevermind me... was testing with wrong gear -.-"

Boolster fortification, damage reducing would improve the healing "has in less damage for the inc heals to cover", since the protectins would be every time tablet moved, rev could 100% prot uptime a group, but now that i think off... we can give 10 players protection with glint elite, it kinda feels a good trade off :\, since its more towards heals than prots.

Still i must admint the results yesterday i was actually testing with the wrong sigils and some runes were out..... part of bad values were actually due panic on lesser values adn the wrong sigils/stack ... go figures.Need to get different visuals for the armor....so i wont get diferent builds stats mixed :\

One thing, herald/jalis was always meta(for me), now it is dammn to good to ignore even for casuals...Players still have to e-management wich is a good thing as well and makes it balanced, has in u have less damage but u will loose 3 pips, its a good trade off.

Current elevated compassion on herald trait actually boost healing every 3 sec :\ with the ton of modifyers herald/ventari has it is good :).Herald now kinda feels what Rev was lacking since ventari is no needed for most stuff in this game, small and fast heals over time like other metas have w/orellying on the tablet.Ventari now is more used to the usage of the old monk,with infuse health and to cover more large drops of health.

Herald/Ventari somehow felt closer to the Gw1 healing monk now, after i got used and play with the correct build.

Dwayna runes trigering every 10 sec with more regen, with elders respite(Herald) + Noursihing Roots(eventari) for those who prefer regen stacking over direct heals.Still need to test elevated compassion triggering with those 2 traits up as well :\Since nourishing roots and elevetad compassion have both ICD of 3 sec, they would happen at same time o.O.

@Buran.3796 said:2/1/3? ...2/1/3

I kinda think Core Value is by far the worst trait at that tier if you're playing Power Herald...

Once it's fixed, Rising Momentum might turn out to be as good as it sounds since it essentially turns Facet of Nature+Darkness into Superspeed (without the chill/cripple immunity, etc.) But sadly, since it doesn't work, Elder's Reprise is a decent alternative... Without any healing power it makes your regen tick for 164, and that adds up over the course of a game (especially if yer giving it to your team as well.) If yer using leadership runes, even better... Plus (unless it's just a tooltip error), the proc doesn't have an icd... So if you're hovering above and below 50% hp it's basically like having permanent regen. Compare to CV, which is essentially just 1 extra boon stripped every 20 seconds, since Glint's True Nature skill is barely worth the cast time except in extremely rare circumstances--and even if you're using it to extend quickness or something, it'd be better to save the cooldown for boons stripping anyways.

I LOVE the traits and Glint rework!

Two points of constructive criticism though.

First, the shield is still kinda useless. It doesn't bring enough support to the table to justify using in a healing situation, while it doesn't bring anything to the table to justify over using OH sword in power builds. When is it used? There's a trait that gives shield 4 the ability to remove a whupping... 1 condition. I can see the Shield #5 being completely fine unchanged (it's a self-defensive skill afterall), but the Shield #4 desperately needs a rework.

Secondly, the F2 skills are too expensive to justify using them. Case in point you lose healing by using Ventari F2. The ICD on Shiro's life steal also hits really hard in damage compartment.

Archived