Riptide. Just why?

Malafaia.8903

Riptide: In PvP only, healing per level has been reduced by 24%, and healing power contribution has been reduced by 44%.

This isn't a nerf this is a nuclear bomb.I see all the other changes, elementalist will certainly play a different role, now.But do we really need a nerf of this wheight?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nerf Ele, buff Mesmer. Because why? Fantastic work Anet. Basically putting your head down and running full speed in the exact wrong direction.

But Anet_Ben's precious Tempest Support got some buffs at least! So there's that.

How'd it go? "We won't be buffing any support classes, but will be nerfing firebrand to be more in line with them." I'm not seeing much in the way of FB nerfs.

@Malafaia.8903 said:Riptide: In PvP only, healing per level has been reduced by 24%, and healing power contribution has been reduced by 44%.

This isn't a nerf this is a nuclear bomb.I see all the other changes, elementalist will certainly play a different role, now.But do we really need a nerf of this wheight?

the nerf isnt realy big, riptide was never the main heal, blasts are the main heal which is not nerfed and we got another heal on water dagger 4 which is nice.you're way too dramatic about it buddy

@NaturallyNick.4058 said:Nerf Ele, buff Mesmer. Because why? Fantastic work Anet. Basically putting your head down and running full speed in the exact wrong direction.

But Anet_Ben's precious Tempest Support got some buffs at least! So there's that.

Ahh yes, I forgot how meta and strong scepter was and how useless vigor is to mesmer.

Buffs completely all around

@Gpe.3684 said:

@Malafaia.8903 said:Riptide: In PvP only, healing per level has been reduced by 24%, and healing power contribution has been reduced by 44%.

the nerf isnt realy big, riptide was never the main heal, blasts are the main heal which is not nerfed and we got another heal on water dagger 4 which is nice.you're way too dramatic about it buddy

Ok, maybe i'm being too dramatic, but can ANYONE ON EARTH justify this nerf?Just rip the heal off of the skill.

@"NaturallyNick.4058" said:Nerf Ele, buff Mesmer. Because why? Fantastic work Anet. Basically putting your head down and running full speed in the exact wrong direction.

How'd it go? "We won't be buffing any support classes, but will be nerfing firebrand to be more in line with them." I'm not seeing much in the way of FB nerfs.

Solori already said it, but still it must be emphasized how incredibly unused Scepter is. Staff is considered a utility weapon and it far and away has much more reliable condition output.

It needed torch nerfs. It's condi vomit is insane.

They also needed to take a look at how bloated their dodge skill is. Stunbreak on dodge is ridiculous combined with the stealth, nonstop evades, etc.

It already got torch nerfs. Did it fix the issue of condi mirage?Do you need to phone a friend for this answer?

Mesmers spend the most money on dress-up and have the highest number of devs playing it. It's practically immune to nerfs. These mesmer mains can stop playing defense all the time because no one will ever touch their precious mesmer in a meaningful way.

@Solori.6025 said:It already got torch nerfs

Then it needs more. Duh. That's obviously what they do for Weaver. Kill meteor storm/riptide. Not dead enough yet? Do it again.

Lets take some of that balance effort and put it towards the number one class in the game, which by the way, has been number one for 3 years running.

@Solori.6025 Too.Many.Sentences.The thing is that almost everyone is complaining about mes,but very,very rarely (look @ Most Uselesss Class poll) anyone complains about ele.

@"Coyote.8391" Its funny how post is about ele "nerf" but they needed to defend and start mes discussion.

Btw,Imo the most wealthy characters are thieves,not mesmers.

It has absolutely with nothing to do with that. Mesmer has been OP since the beginning of HoT. It ruined the game with chronomancer and it's still ruining it with Mirage. Power mez is too strong, condi mes is too strong. You could design a college level course on feature creep using Mesmer as the subject.

No class should be so braindead easy to play. Perfect offense, perfect defense. active/passive defense. Damage while invulnerable, consistent evades. There's literally no reason to play anything else because anything you could possible dream of is wrapped up in a nice little glowing purple package.

Anet's consistent refusal to acknowledge that combined with haughty, unwillingly-to-see-reason, Mesmers is the reason this post comes across as heated.

Number 1 in PvE, number 1 in PvP, nearly a must have in all levels of zerging for WvW.

Mesmer as a class is bloated to the size of a blue whale and a bunch of Mesmers plugging their ears while flinging insults will do nothing to change that.

@Widmo.3186 said:@Solori.6025 Too.Many.Sentences.The thing is that almost everyone is complaining about mes,but very,very rarely (look @ Most Uselesss Class poll) anyone complains about ele.

I get that people complain, but they complain about the wrong thing. Instead of coming up with an intelligent discussion and actually looking for the problem we get stuff like "Nerf torch hue hue" Then when they go about nerfing the wrong thing and not actually fixing the problem we are back at square one with the complaints. It's honestly frustrating that well thought out changes are ignored for the casual crybabies that cant be bothered to take 2 hours out of their precious forum tirades to play the class, understand what is causing the class to function, and make an informed discussion and request to bring the class in line with out utterly destroying it.But that's asking for a semblance of intelligence in the Spvp subforum.So my expectation was doomed from the start I guess.

@Widmo.3186 said:@Solori.6025 Too.Many.Sentences.The thing is that almost everyone is complaining about mes,but very,very rarely (look @ Most Uselesss Class poll) anyone complains about ele.

@"Coyote.8391" Its funny how post is about ele "nerf" but they needed to defend and start mes discussion.

Btw,Imo the most wealthy characters are thieves,not mesmers.

Just pointing out the contrast. Glad I switched to mes a month ago now, but still disappointed to see that Anet never learns.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/51552/poll-current-most-useless-profession#latest

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/52426/in-your-opnion-whats-the-best-class-elite-especialization-taking-into-account-pve-pvp-wvw-raid#latest

@Coyote.8391 said:

@"Alehin.3746" said:Nice overreaction, but they didn't even nerf the evade duration or recharge, and you still have the water field to leap and blast on.

You missed the point: it didn't need to be nerfed.

It didn't, but ele also got other positive changes, so it's fair. Look at the entire ele section, a lot of sword stuff got buffed, they buffed tempest and they also buffed d/d weaver. As someone that play other builds than the "le dodgerino bunkerino pvp build xDD", i'll take those changes over riptide any day.

@NaturallyNick.4058 said:It has absolutely with nothing to do with that. Mesmer has been OP since the beginning. It ruined the game with chronomancer and it's still ruining it with Mirage. Power mez is too strong, condi mes is too strong. You could design a college level course on feature creep using Mesmer as the subject.

No class should be so braindead easy to play. Perfect offense, perfect defense. active/passive defense. Damage while invulnerable, consistent evades. There's literally no reason to play anything else because anything you could possible dream of is wrapped up in a nice little glowing purple package.

Anet's consistent refusal to acknowledge that combined with haughty, unwillingly-to-see-reason, Mesmers is the reason this post comes across as heated.

Number 1 in PvE, number 1 in PvP, nearly a must have in all levels of zerging for WvW.

Mesmer as a class is bloated to the size of a blue whale and a bunch of Mesmers plugging their ears while flinging insults will do nothing to change that.

'OP since the beginning'. Gloriously vague and ignorant of actual past events. Portal Monkey is not synonymous with OP and that was the main function of Mesmer until HoT aside from being thief bait and hard countered by anything with cleave or anyone with even the barest level of situational awareness.

I remember when nobody complained about the unkillable Tempest ele build. Everyone was totally fine with that.

Archived