Opinions on Herald and Necro changes

breno.5423

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:I dont understand Rev. Where Herald buffs good?

Kidding right?

No, I'm a bad. Help me out

boon duration reduced when not actively channeling glint.Endurance regen on upkeep completely gone in exchange for a bit more health apparently.Boon duration reduced again in exchange for a bit more damage per boon the revenant currently hastoughness on herald bottom traitline trait replaced by movement speed and relocated further up the treeElders force replaced by heal.

There are some other working parts there that potentially could balance this out and make damage more consistent. If you were as boon-dura build though, this is kinda bad. Your build falls apart with this rework. I don't think its tier reduction bad, but it's definitely time to revisit the build board.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

Kidding right?

boon duration reduced when not actively channeling glint.Endurance regen on upkeep completely gone in exchange for a bit more health apparently.Boon duration reduced again in exchange for a bit more damage per boon the revenant currently hastoughness on herald bottom traitline trait replaced by movement speed and relocated further up the treeElders force replaced by heal.

There are some other working parts there that potentially could balance this out and make damage more consistent. If you were as boon-dura build though, this is kinda bad. Your build falls apart with this rework.

Ty. Will Rev be a demon in PvP or bad?

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

Kidding right?

There are some other working parts there that potentially could balance this out and make damage more consistent. If you were as boon-dura build though, this is kinda bad. Your build falls apart with this rework.

Ty. Will Rev be a demon in PvP or bad?

Too early to tell. Good Revs were demons even when it was trash tier. This isnt substantial enough to cause a mass pickup of rev, so you might not see much of a change in difficulty vs them. Those players that can make use of the rework will be really good at +1s or mids though.

The herald changes were a mixed bag, some buffs and some nerfs. The thing is that the nerfs are much more difficult to realize as some of them were not actually mentioned in the patch notes. For example burst of strength according to the patch notes now gives 15% more damage for 5 seconds after use, however this wasn't just added on, instead it replaced the 20 stacks of vulnerability which it previously applied which would be 20% more for all teamates attacking that target and the rev can no longer use the skill to trigger the traits targeted destruction and focused siphoning. Also the new f2 upkeeps aren't terribly strong yet the energy cost was increased to -3 which makes it litterally unusable with impossible odds and the new f2 actives feel weaker than the old one which they replaced. Lastly the new traits in general feel weaker especially at the adept and master minor tiers, with the other tiers being about the same as before. It is hard to say whether herald will be stronger or weaker this balance cycle since the new chaotic release is pretty strong, but we shall see.

@LucianDK.8615 said:You can still channel facet of nature and impossible odds. But you mean you dry out before you can change legends again?

In pvp, impossible odds is still at -8 upkeep and the facet is at -3 for -11 total. -10 is the maximum which the game allows for some arbitrary reason. You can use both together in pve though since impossible odds is -6 there.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:The herald changes were a mixed bag, some buffs and some nerfs. The thing is that the nerfs are much more difficult to realize as some of them were not actually mentioned in the patch notes. For example burst of strength according to the patch notes now gives 15% more damage for 5 seconds after use, however this wasn't just added on, instead it replaced the 20 stacks of vulnerability which it previously applied which would be 20% more for all teamates attacking that target and the rev can no longer use the skill to trigger the traits targeted destruction and focused siphoning. Also the new f2 upkeeps aren't terribly strong yet the energy cost was increased to -3 which makes it litterally unusable with impossible odds and the new f2 actives feel weaker than the old one which they replaced. Lastly the new traits in general feel weaker especially at the adept and master minor tiers, with the other tiers being about the same as before. It is hard to say whether herald will be stronger or weaker this balance cycle since the new chaotic release is pretty strong, but we shall see.

Dude vulnerability is easy to put on when 10 people are attacking at once.. IT WAS POINTLESS to have it the 15% dmg is way better. Rev is so good in pve now it’s unreal. Yes for pvp it’s kind of at a hiccup but maybe anet is telling you stop playing the same thing and be diverse for once

I'm like a new change (teoric) i need se real use for shiro/glint for pvp and wvw

Malauder: Sword/sword + mace/shild (or staff)

Invocation: up/down/downDevastation: middle/up/downHerald: down/down/down

For wvw similar build but need minor surv and morar burst dmg for a ranged backline

Zerk: Sword/sword + hammer

Invocation: middle/down/downDevastation: down/up/upHerald: down/up/down

I need to see a glint/malix wuith carrion for wvw, imho he can decent to play (but i need to see, also teorical)

Lol, revs bitching about necro, can i start laughing now?

Rev is meta in spvp due to it's burst damage and some broken ass defenses for short skirmishes. Now he gets even more damage, and some necro utility he didn't before (hello shiro boonrip and life steal for party).

Necro got quickness for reaper, but that's a double edged sword. It can be corrupted into slow and then it's R.I.P. necro...Condi builds got better deal with aoe feast of corruption - this buff does not bite us in the rear in competitive, but was also long overdue. Power necro has good and well defined weapons. Condi nec was stuck with 0 damage staff, slow and 1v1 scepter, or great, but locked behind scourge torch.

About time condi weapons on necro started seeing some love,

@Ertrak.9506 said:

@Ertrak.9506 said:Herald buffs are good but not 100% on board with it since first impressions are that power herald received a 3% damage nerf.

What? How? My math says it's on average a 6% damage buff.

Elders force was nerfed and bolster fortifications was removed.

NewRising Tide from Invo 7%, Forceful Persistence 13% + Elder's Force probably 9%. That's 29%.vs.OldForceful Persistence 7%, Elder's Force about 18% and Bolster Fortifications 5%. That's 30%.

Not sure what the raid build is but I'm assuming Shiro/Jalis, Deva, Invo, Herald with 9 Boons constantly. If it drops down to 8 Boons, it's 28% vs 28%. Depends a lot on what you have on. Vigor, Resistance, Stability and Aegis you'll rarely have, and your retal probably isn't 100% either.So yeah, while it might not be an increase, it's not a heavy nerf either.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Ertrak.9506 said:Herald buffs are good but not 100% on board with it since first impressions are that power herald received a 3% damage nerf.

NewRising Tide from Invo 7%, Forceful Persistence 13% + Elder's Force probably 9%. That's 29%.vs.OldForceful Persistence 7%, Elder's Force about 18% and Bolster Fortifications 5%. That's 30%.

Not sure what the raid build is but I'm assuming Shiro/Jalis, Deva, Invo, Herald with 9 Boons constantly. If it drops down to 8 Boons, it's 28% vs 28%. Depends a lot on what you have on. Vigor, Resistance, Stability and Aegis you'll rarely have, and your retal probably isn't 100% either.So yeah, while it might not be an increase, it's not a heavy nerf either.

Damage multipliers stack multiplicatively so if we really want to be precise it would be:

New 7 Boons: 1.07 1.131.01^7=1.296 or 29.6%Old 7 Boons: 1.071.051.02^7=1.291 or 29.1%

New 8 Boons: 1.07 1.131.01^8=1.309 or 30.9%Old 8 Boons: 1.071.051.02^8=1.316 or 31.6%

New 9 Boons: 1.07 1.131.01^9=1.322 or 32.2%Old 9 Boons: 1.071.051.02^9=1.343 or 34.3%

So the break even point is actually at 7 or 8 boons now. 7 boons or less and the new one is better, 8 boons or more and the old one is better. In groups with a competent chaos chrono you can expect to be at 9-12 boons at all times so full potential is lowered while reliability goes up a bit.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

Damage multipliers stack multiplicatively so if we really want to be precise it would be:

New 7 Boons: 1.07
1.01^7=1.296 or 29.6%Old 7 Boons: 1.07
1.02^7=1.291 or 29.1%

New 8 Boons: 1.07
1.01^8=1.309 or 30.9%Old 8 Boons: 1.07
1.02^8=1.316 or 31.6%

New 9 Boons: 1.07
1.01^9=1.322 or 32.2%Old 9 Boons: 1.07
1.02^9=1.343 or 34.3%

So the break even point is actually at 7 or 8 boons now. 7 boons or less and the new one is better, 8 boons or more and the old one is better. In groups with a competent chaos chrono you can expect to be at 9-12 boons at all times so full (yet still realistic) potential is lowered while reliability goes up a bit.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

New 7 Boons: 1.07 1.131.01^7=1.296 or 29.6%Old 7 Boons: 1.071.051.02^7=1.291 or 29.1%

New 8 Boons: 1.07 1.131.01^8=1.309 or 30.9%Old 8 Boons: 1.071.051.02^8=1.316 or 31.6%

New 9 Boons: 1.07 1.131.01^9=1.322 or 32.2%Old 9 Boons: 1.071.051.02^9=1.343 or 34.3%

So the break even point is actually at 7 or 8 boons now. 7 boons or less and the new one is better, 8 boons or more and the old one is better. In groups with a competent chaos chrono you can expect to be at 9-12 boons at all times so full potential is lowered while reliability goes up a bit.

Hah, so that's the actual formula. Good to know.You done messed the quoting pretty well though. :lol:

Archived