[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas - [Merged] - Page 51 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas - [Merged]

Comments

• @Hesione.9412 said:
    Gah, it's a break bar, not crowd control.
    These days I just yell "EMP", although most people seem to have the idea once the waystation goes down.

IMO the waystation actually makes the problem worse. People need to know which skills do CC in their natural classes and not rely on a tool like that. Especially if they want to be raiders some day. The goal here for me, is for people to get a better understanding of the game mechanic, and an ez button like EMP does it a disservice.

• Hesione.9412Hesione.9412 Member ✭✭✭

@Delita Silverburg.8632 said:

@Hesione.9412 said:
    Gah, it's a break bar, not crowd control.
    These days I just yell "EMP", although most people seem to have the idea once the waystation goes down.

IMO the waystation actually makes the problem worse. People need to know which skills do CC in their natural classes and not rely on a tool like that. Especially if they want to be raiders some day. The goal here for me, is for people to get a better understanding of the game mechanic, and an ez button like EMP does it a disservice.

Given that most players won't raid and that, previously, calls out to break the bar result in very little bar being broken (e.g. Matriarch, Champion Mordrem Thornheart) I am pleased the EMP came along.

• Jagblade.4627Jagblade.4627 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2020

Since some outfits are able to have their headgear hidden, I'd love it if we could just go ahead and use our own head skins with them. It would also be nice if clicking or mousing over the total POIs, Vistas, etc on the upper right hand corner of the map screen would highlight the location of the ones we haven't collected yet (as long as they're uncovered.) I think I've spent more time trying to find that last tiny empty square on the various map layers than I've spent traveling to said locations once I finally do.

And it might be going a bit far, but could we make map uncovering account wide? I'm not asking for waypoints, POIs, Vistas, etc to be account wide but just being able to actually see the areas of the map already "uncovered" by another character so it's easier to navigate on newer ones.

• Solvar.7953Solvar.7953 Member ✭✭✭

I wonder if the EMP (and portable waystation) was sort of the devs way of silently affirming the CC was an issue, and make an easy way for every class/player to have an easy to use CC skill.

• The cc mechanic isn't an issue (the scaling can be mistuned, but that's different).

It's the lack of in-game clarity and info on cc, and a grp of players' disinterest in cooperative play that is the issue.

• Delita Silverburg.8632Delita Silverburg.8632 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2020

@Solvar.7953 said:
    I wonder if the EMP (and portable waystation) was sort of the devs way of silently affirming the CC was an issue, and make an easy way for every class/player to have an easy to use CC skill.

But all the waystation does is reaffirm to the average player that they don't need to understand which skills in their class do CC because they'll be given an "easy button" at each relevant meta event. It's relying even more on the veteran players at world events like Dragonstand to bring a Drizzlewood Coast map specific thing to other encounters. Nothing about it is useful in teaching or training players for end game content. My idea goes across the board and implements well for high end raiders and meta event players alike. For example, High end raiders would like to know exactly how much cc is needed to phase a boss properly, and anyone in a meta can see the difference between a big number and a little number when they use their skills. Information and feedback to the player is how they are going to learn and thus be more beneficial to the group content, regardless of what they like to play.

• @casualkenny.9817 said:
    The cc mechanic isn't an issue (the scaling can be mistuned, but that's different).

It's the lack of in-game clarity and info on cc, and a grp of players' disinterest in cooperative play that is the issue.

The few times i lead squad i had alot of ppl i realised had no idea what their skills do as they asked wich skills do these things. Most dont care about breakbar

• DaFishBob.6518DaFishBob.6518 Member ✭✭✭

How about a leave squad button on the LFG so that if you join a squad that is on a full instance, you can just click a button to leave and try another squad.

• Aeon.4583Aeon.4583 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 18, 2020

@Aeon.4583 said:
    Can you please increase amount of Equipement Templates to 8 ( even better 12 ).
    Equipement Templates are awesome, but it can serve not only as Gear-Stat change, but also to switch Sigil variations under same Gear-Stats combo.

If that is not an option, atleast consider to add more ground weapon sets into Equipement Templates for PvE.
    Guild Wars 1 has four weapon sets!

I understans that Guild Wars 1 makes you have two professions, but here in Guild Wars 2 we have atleast 2 Elites. More Weapon sets can solve problems of using templates as Sigil switch.

Just think about it, on example of Thief - fullscale DPS class and weapons list is:
    Dagger ( main\offhand )
    Pistol ( main\offhand )
    Sword
    Rifle\Staff ( depending on Elite )
    Shortbow

For me in Open World it is
    Dagger\Dagger for melee
    and primary Pistol\Pistol for ranged.
    Templates 1 and 4 are used for switch between force\impact and force\generosity sigils ( i find generosity sigil useful for completing events solo )

But depending on situation i also use Rifle and Shortbow aswell. And i have no other choice but to use 3 Equipement Templates to change ranged weapon sets ( Templates 1-3 are Pistols, Rifle Shortbow under Force\Impact + melee Dagger\Dagger ). All because i have Legendary stuff including sigils, makes it no easy to simply equip weapon from inventory.
    If Equipement Templates will hold four weapon sets ( just like Guild Wars 1 ) it will be most awesome ( for me, all ranged options will be able to have impact and generocity variations ).
    Hot key 'Weapon Swap' can stay the same, changing weapon set between Set#1 and Set#2.
    To compensate the appearance of more ground weapon sets, new hotkeys can be added:
    'Swap to weapon set #1'
    'Swap to weapon set #2'
    'Swap to weapon set #3'
    'Swap to weapon set #4'
    Weapon swap to set #3 and #4 can be used only out of combat.
    When Swapping weapons using standart 'Swap Weapons' while in set #3 or set#4 in combat or out of combat it will swap weapons first to set#1 then to set#2 and then back to #1, but never to set #3 or set #4.

P.s. when it comes to Elementalist and Engineer, they cannot change weapon sets in combat, but still four weapon sets will be usefull as a storage.

• Tony.8659Tony.8659 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2020

I'm not sure if this came up before but, I would love if Anet (are you reading this?) can give us mouse cursor color choices in the menu options. This is not hard to add at all I'm sure. Lots of games give us this choice. Overwatch as an example you can choose many crosshair colors. I would love to have some color choices for the cursor. My choice would be bright green. Sometimes it's a bit hard to see when it gets hectic like during a meta or world boss event. And before anyone says there are options out there, thank you but, I want it from Anet themselves.

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tony.8659 said:
    I'm not sure if this came up before but, I would love if Anet (are you reading this?) can give us mouse cursor color choices in the menu options. This is not hard to add at all I'm sure. Lots of games give us this choice. Overwatch as an example you can choose many crosshair colors. I would love to have some color choices for the cursor. My choice would be bright green. Sometimes it's a bit hard to see when it gets hectic like during a meta or world boss event. And before anyone says there are options out there, thank you but, I want it from Anet themselves.

It's 3rd party but Yolo Mouse works good.

Playing the PvE scene because WvW is just "BAD"...

• Tony.8659Tony.8659 Member ✭✭✭

Yolo Mouse I seen thank you, Ayin uses it, in Pink :D But I was hoping Anet would just add that simple option in game. :/

• Llethander.3972Llethander.3972 Member ✭✭✭

@Loosmaster.8263 said:
    It's 3rd party but Yolo Mouse works good.

Yolo Mouse used to be better. One of the more recent updates to it removed the ability to have different states for targets that are in range vs targets out of range. Still does a decent job, but I liked the way it worked before, personally.

• Parasite.5389Parasite.5389 Member ✭✭✭

Also, a selection of reticle designs for Action Camera users would be nice

• AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

I use Yolomouse also. It's simply too difficult to see the game cursor when the action is heavy. I had to change settings to remove ground-targeting of area effects for the same reason. It just isn't practical because you can't see anything when you're playing in larger groups.

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tony.8659 said:

Yep , more cursor options have been asked for for years! Ignored by Anet and the community is forced to go 3rd party. It's really too bad.

• increase the final hit of the bauble node to 9 baubles, for a round number of 25 baubles each day, for... just for the love of round numbers pls

• Roche.7491Roche.7491 Member ✭✭✭

Armistice Bastion zoom out to world map just like Mistlock Pass

• Roche.7491Roche.7491 Member ✭✭✭

Alternate color for premium weapon skin like Dreamwalker Scythe

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2020

More steampunks armors like aetherblade.

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI
    ->NEW Asurapedia

• Aeon.4583Aeon.4583 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 21, 2020

Add a small User Interface section to help us keep track of our current Build and Equipment Template.
    Something like this ( also it is good place to put it ):

Format will be - 'Build template name: Equipment template name'.
    On image example it means i am currently on my Deadeye Dual Dagger + Rifle with offhand Impact sigils variation =)

• Frostfang.5109Frostfang.5109 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 21, 2020

Make a function so that the game can remember the last days profit and show it somewhere.

• Jagblade.4627Jagblade.4627 Member ✭✭✭

A very minor complaint now that I've noticed it but can Anet please take a look at the shoulder armor model scaling for Sylvari, Charr, and most all the Norn? I think we're all tired of massive, texture-stretched stock pots magically hovering a foot above our shoulders.

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

Selling in the TP should default to the lowest offer, no the highest bidder. This would solve the annoying bid of one item forcing the amount you’ll be selling to one item as well.

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• @Jagblade.4627 said:
    A very minor complaint now that I've noticed it but can Anet please take a look at the shoulder armor model scaling for Sylvari, Charr, and most all the Norn? I think we're all tired of massive, texture-stretched stock pots magically hovering a foot above our shoulders.

We have been asking FIXES on Charr for years, this was never been addressed, we still have the same armor/weapons clips as during pre-hot state.
    But I do wish the same change, honestly.

The Charr Cosplay Fashionista Warrior! (Also a Bard!)

• keenedge.9675keenedge.9675 Member ✭✭✭

QoL ideas ?
    Fix the TP and log-in server issues ... it's been years.

Moral Statute Machine: John Spartan, you are fined five credits for repeated violations of the verbal morality statute.

• Katelynn.6593Katelynn.6593 Member ✭✭✭

I haven't seen this in game yet. But I was thinking a health bar over my PC's head, so that I don't have to look away from an enemy (who could be giving away an important telegraph) just to see how my health is doing.

This is a bit of a joke I'm making.

But invulnerability when I have my back turned to a monster while farming a node. Much like the vulnerability they have when they turn their back on me.

Cough ahem

@killermanjaro.5670 said:
    So the request is literally an option of 'press F to get free loot/mats while I go afk because I can't be bothered to walk for a bit'. Sounds like the pinicle of laziness. What's next, a, request for an item to loot all trade caches/chests in a map at the press of a button?

That's a brilliant idea! Thanks for suggesting it. Just kidding

• Darlgon.9273Darlgon.9273 Member ✭✭✭

Just going to throw out there. When you give us skins, that we already own, like the Luminious set that most 8 year players already have from achievements, it would be nice if you could change those skins into Transmutation Charges, instead of having to either destroy (most likely) or store them on an alt.

I can't stand it anymore.... even with the gobbers.... please add an option to disable the drop of bloodstone dust/dragonite ore/empyreal fragment. I do anything and each times those stupid junk items are pilling up into my inventory! Make them sellable for coppers to merchant, anything!!

->NEW Asurapedia

• Frostfang.5109Frostfang.5109 Member ✭✭✭✭

Secret Friend calender

In the friend list (when both are friends, not just followers) u can make u'r calender avaliable for other players. It appears by a little icon next to their name.
    In the calender, there is a wishlist where u can choose what gifts you wish. This wishlist can be seen by those who use the calender.
    When a friend wants to gift you something he/se simply use the calender to send u someting. He chooses what to send (in the same way as when u send mail, picking something (items or gold) from his own inventory) and what date u will recieve it, perhaps on u'r birthday.
    When it comes to you, it will be anonymous. U will only know that it is from any of your friends that u have shared the calender with. Youv an only share the calender with a limited ammount of ppl.

Perhaps there could be box deliverers similar to the mailcarriers for this. These will deliver secret friend boxes though, not messages (mail).

• Manasa Devi.7958Manasa Devi.7958 Member ✭✭✭✭

The new "Refill" button for the Mystic Forge is nice, but could it unlock at the same time the forge's 4 slots become available again instead of when you press the accept button? I'm used to skipping the accept button and just quickly filling the slots again by double-clicking ingredients. The "Refill" button makes it more relaxed to mass forge, but not faster.

• Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭

Can this option be added please?
    The new wings you've started to add cause massive FPS issues for a lot of players.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27, 2020

@Shiyo.3578 said:
    Can this option be added please?
    The new wings you've started to add cause massive FPS issues for a lot of players.

So the back items are the tipping point?

Use standard models.

Particle effects are a bane.. But making it affect one item type isn’t going to be enough of an impact.

Either give an option to turn off all animation/particle effects, or don’t change it and have people do what they can already do which is standard models.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭✭

The wings alone drop 10-29 frames on my own character alone. Everyone i see with them drops it further .

I wish they would just fix them. They are the only backpiece that causes such a drop for me.

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

I like to ride my skimmer with a kite, but now that we can go underwater, I realized you can't summon your kite underwater. Maybe review some of the novelties and let us use some of those underwater?

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• Aru.4156Aru.4156 Member ✭✭✭

I play my game at the lowest settings possible (using lowest models as well which isn't fun as I like seeing what people's characters look like :( ) But if I could get tun off other people's backpacks it would be fantastic. While they're all certainly pretty, they get in the way of jumping puzzles as well and seeing a map full of people with legendary trinkets massive/shiny backpacks does drop my fps. I begrudgingly have lowest model settings on for sake of fps, so still seeing the shiny gear is kinda odd. :/

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

Just having an option to turn of other players' aura effects would be nice.

edited August 27, 2020

Mounts: ☆ Checked
    Underwater skimmer: ☆ Checked
    Expansion 3: ☆ Checked
    Finishing exo mount set: ○ In progress
    Housing: ■ Waiting for it
    Asura GH decos: ■ Waiting for it
    Asura Expansion: ■ Not many hopes remaining
    Sab w3-4: ■ Hope I will still be here

I think, once those will be done, I will be fullfilled. That Mmo did so many good things among the years.... whereas I don't care about cantha, it will be fun surely, also impatient to see the end of icebrood saga.

->NEW Asurapedia

• MadMerlin.5790MadMerlin.5790 Member
    edited August 28, 2020

I would like if dyes are just tied to that build template, I have a condi mesmer that's a nice golden with midnight purple but when I go into my full zerk on my 2nd template it doesn't let me quickly change colours so now with twilight I need to put on a outfit just to get colours matching. This also only gets worse as I use this armor on 3 other characters and the fact that I can't change the colours without ruining the look of them on my main char I made them for means outfits are the only way to look decent while playing this game which gets stale.

Also let halo's be used with mask like you can add them together as halo's would look awesome with some mask combos

• For a QoL change i would love if you guys made it where when we decide to prioritize a certain achievement for achievement hunting, that it wouldn't replace the dailies on the top right corner of UI but perhaps make a drop down menu or like slide show where we can view all the types of dailies, achievements, and objectives perhaps. it's frustrating having to go back to achievements just to look at the dailies! and it's also annoying when there's like a bunch of events that clog up the right side of my screen!

p.s
    also please give the eternity greatsword an option for permanent day or permanent night form.

• Infusion suggestion: Anonymous/No Name's Infusion (ignoring hair, eye color, equipment and other effects, turns the user unrecognizably pure black, no skin gloss)

Guild hall racing markers and mount stamina orbs.

Working carnival/fare ride decorations for guild halls.

Visitor count granted more social upgrades or guild wide boosts from people who've visited a guild's guild hall. Could be like ___ people from or not from the guild have visited the hall, so maybe for 24 hours gold find is increased or something when initiated.

• I've stated some of these before but i think they'd really make a positive difference:

-Shared gathering tool slots: It's currently really annoying swapping the tools between characters so this would be a great improvement for permanent tools

-Skin slot for tools: Personally I mostly use the skins that are quicker than others but it feels kind of a waste to have tool skins available without being able to properly use them (and i don't think it's reasonable to expect people to buy a full set for each character) so i think it would make more sense to separate the skins from the tools and bind them to a character instead (i do realize that means less transmutation charges used but i doubt most people really buy a lot of them anyway so it shouldn't really cut too much into profit)

-Map queues in pve: That error message when trying to join another map feels really weird also it's just straight out annoying having to try until there's finally a spot

-Unlock explorable dungeons: Either just unlock it for everyone or unlock it for the account after finishing it with one character

-Sorting system for characters: The scrollbar is really not good enough anymore once you start having more than 18 charcters and it just gets worse the more characters one adds

-Fix the bug where whispers don't arrive while you were in a loading screen or at least send an error message to the sender

• Rather than implementing features that would improve QoL my hope was seeing a fix in aspects of the game that would improve it.

The graphics and the game development is amazing. One of the best MMO's in my honest opinion. The aspect that concerns me the most is that although there's so many beautiful things to enjoy in this game but often gets ruined by its shortcomings. I will list the things that worry me especially with the up coming STEAM launch in November.

1) Communication: There's a serious lack of communication between the maintenance team and the players. Updates/status of what had caused rollbacks, glitches, etc are often buried or not dealt with until it gets severe. Another example of lack of informing the players is the exploitation of BOTTING. There's been so many threads about bots and players have taken the time to file thousands of tickets and write a list down for ANET but there has been zero communication back to us. Are the bots in PvP designed to fill queuing? The stripping and banning of the previous hacker was a bit extreme however not doing anything about it makes me sad.

2) Botting: Lately I've seen a huge influx of farming and PvP bots. The loop function they have to generate responses ie: saying "Thank you," "gg," "hi/hello" has been rubbing salt onto wounds when the match is lost because the bots get exploited based on rotations or movement limitations. Please address the botting and teleporting hacking please.

3) PoF Lag. HoT was well done but PoF lags still like crazy. I have to wait a few seconds to see if I died or not which ruins the whole experience. (See Sandwept Isle and/or Thunderhead peaks) because its almost unplayable.

4) New Players: With the arrival of the STEAM launch there will be an influx of new players who will have a huge learning curve as the game itself is not designed for fresh mmo players. Many 3rd party features are utilized to fill in this gap because the UI doesn't teach very well.. After introducing the game to friends and family they get discouraged because they feel overwhelmed and don't know what to do starting off. A solution could be offering a tutorial or even a basic cutscene of how to access basic features that most of us have forgotten about because it is second nature.

• Noa.7490Noa.7490 Member ✭✭✭

I would like the arrow for mount selection to be a tad bigger.

• WTB Kill proof Material Storage tab

• About Mistlock Sactuary... Map layers with links works perfectly when you click on a instruction (E.g. when you have that "suggested location" link for a jumping puzzle daily). So, maybe, isnt that hard make that possible to every chat link when we are inside Mistlock Sanctuary (E.g. ANY waypoint).

• Memory of Otter have no any use after achi completed, but continue to drop.
    Mb make some exchange them for novelty (to save ability use this animation) and remove otters from droplist.