[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas - [Merged] - Page 62 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas - [Merged]

Comments

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Please add crafting stations icons for the crafting stations in skrittburgh center (brisban wildlands). 8 years they are here and aren't shown on the map!

Also, the bouncing mushroom at the north of jora keep is bugged and doesn't emit any air geyser.

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN/PRIMORDIUS EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI
    ->NEW Asurapedia

Just remembered, please make the temples of orrs meta/world boss follow a schedule and a timer and add them to the world bosses device item.

->NEW Asurapedia

• Jukhy.2431Jukhy.2431 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2021

@zeroman.4976 said:

• Anyway, please make it so build templates can be locked in with different gliders, mount (skins/dyes) and outfits :v

This is something I would love to see implemented cause completing character looks are very important to me.

Not sure how this could be implemented, maybe add more mount/glider layouts in the mount and glider tabs and additional color layouts for them? These could have few free layouts per character and then additional slots sold in the gem store, just like the build/equipment ones. Even if they were only to be unlocked with gems, I would definitely still buy atleast one additional for each character.

Edit: Additional feature related to this could be the option to link certain equipment, build, mount and glider sets together, so when you switch one it'll automatically switch all sets to the linked one.

• The Boz.2038The Boz.2038 Member ✭✭✭

Currently, when you use mouse click to rotate your camera (and orientation), your ground-targeted skills are aimed at where your cursor was prior to the right click and it becoming invisible. Additionally, due to the effect spam, particularly in PvE, it is fully possible to outright lose track of your cursor in fights. Snap to target has multiple downsides that don't make it an ideal alternative in this case.
    Suggestion: While right mouse is held down (held: has a 0.15s delay before it triggers), a small, translucent reticle is projected on the center of the screen. All ground- and direction-targeted skills are aimed at that specific point, instead of the mouse cursor.
    Please implement this?

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Isn’t this the same as the action camera setting or at least similar?

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

Action Camera is permanently on if clicked on. This would turn on the aiming segment of it temporarily on, only when you turn the camera with the mouse button.

• I really like this idea, I naturally tend to right click my mouse in the middle of my screen just incase I need to cast my spells quickly while still moving my camera

• Veprovina.4876Veprovina.4876 Member ✭✭✭✭

Ah, so like a temporary action camera?
    Yeah, that could be helpful in some situations. :+1:

Though, expect people to come here and cite "sphagetti code" and a lot of reasons why Anet couldn't implement this so...

• Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2021

Maybe. Or maybe you can bind action camera toggle to an accessible key and instead of holding right click, you can turn on/off actual action camera by clicking once, casting and clicking second time to turn it off. Doesn't seem to be a huge difference compared to hodling the button, so not sure why it's an issue for you.

• Cuks.8241Cuks.8241 Member ✭✭✭✭

Each equipment template could also have a fashion template build into it. So you could have a different look (including dyes, gliders, mount skins and outfits) for each equipment template even if it had the same armour. You would still need transmutation charges to change the look in the fashion template but not once it is set up and you switch between them.
    Now I don't really care about it, don't care about fashion, but it would probably be a great selling point for equipment templates. The current implementation of build and equipment templates was just poor for the target audience. Basically just not enough of them. But if it would also cater to the fashionable players it would be interesting for a much broader audience.

Can't bind "replace free cam with action cam" to right click, chief.

• Parasite.5389Parasite.5389 Member ✭✭✭

@Veprovina.4876 said:

if you bind something to "Disable action camera" like left ctrl, it acts as a momentary toggle for action camera

• The action camera isn;t perfect because we have untargetable skills that are casted in direction related fo character facing, and action camera disregards camera facing (so if you happened to take a step backwards with action camera on, suddenly your "in front of you" effect is casted backwards - holdign down right mouse button doesn't have that problem, because any movement with it forces character facing to be aligned with camera direction.

so II'd say OP's suggestiong could quite nicely fill the niche there (alternatively changing interaction between action camera and those skills so character turns where you are aiming it to cast those, depends which would be easier to implement....)

@Parasite.5389 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

if you bind something to "Disable action camera" like left ctrl, it acts as a momentary toggle for action camera

Yes but it doesn't act like a "hold" right? I mean, it's one press for on, another press for off then? Kinda seems finnicky.
    But if you can bind something to "hold action camera", like, you have action camera as long as you're pressing a button, then off when it's unpressed, that would be basically what OP suggests.

• Asum.4960Asum.4960 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2021

@The Boz.2038 said:
    Currently, when you use mouse click to rotate your camera (and orientation), your ground-targeted skills are aimed at where your cursor was prior to the right click and it becoming invisible. Additionally, due to the effect spam, particularly in PvE, it is fully possible to outright lose track of your cursor in fights. Snap to target has multiple downsides that don't make it an ideal alternative in this case.
    Suggestion: While right mouse is held down (held: has a 0.15s delay before it triggers), a small, translucent reticle is projected on the center of the screen. All ground- and direction-targeted skills are aimed at that specific point, instead of the mouse cursor.
    Please implement this?

This is odd, unless I misunderstand the issue, I can't reproduce this issue neither with Normal Targeting, Fast Casting with Range Indicator nor Fast Casting.
    Skills always cast precisely where my mouse is at the moment of cast, no matter how much I hold down RMB and move around.

If you are talking about moving the camera/targeting after actually already having cast the skill, mid animation/cast time, I feel that is working as intended and one shouldn't be able to retarget an already cast skill after the fact.

I'd recommend Fast Casting with Range Indicator though, just in general, maybe that makes targeting easier for you - as well making clearer when the skill actually already counts as cast, that being the moment you let go of the button.

Even with Action Camera, or with your suggestion, the moment you cast locks in where you cast it. Not after finishing the cast time.
    Where you look after casting doesn't, and shouldn't, matter.

R.I.P. Build Templates, 15.10.2019

• Parasite.5389Parasite.5389 Member ✭✭✭

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Parasite.5389 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

Yes but it doesn't act like a "hold" right? I mean, it's one press for on, another press for off then? Kinda seems finnicky.
    But if you can bind something to "hold action camera", like, you have action camera as long as you're pressing a button, then off when it's unpressed, that would be basically what OP suggests.

no, i don't mean the "Toggle action camera" keybind, i said "Disable action camera"
    when you press the asssigned key, you have action camera for as long as you hold that key, as soon as you release it, you're back to cursor mode

edited March 18, 2021

@Parasite.5389 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Parasite.5389 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

no, i don't mean the "Toggle action camera" keybind, i said "Disable action camera"
    when you press the asssigned key, you have action camera for as long as you hold that key, as soon as you release it, you're back to cursor mode

Ah! I understand now. Didn't know that was a thing to be honest.

So wait, if that exists, why doesn't the reverse of it exist as well lol? :smiley:
    As in starting in normal mode, then holding the key for action camera.
    They clearly have the opposite enabled, start in action, then hold for disable. :tongue:

Or am i still not getting it? I'll have to try that in game to see what it's about, so thanks for pointing it out, i'll definitely try what can be done with it! :smile:

• Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2021

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Parasite.5389 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Parasite.5389 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

So wait, if that exists, why doesn't the reverse of it exist as well lol? :smiley:
    They clearly have the opposite enabled, start in action, then hold for disable. :tongue:

Or am i still not getting it? I'll have to try that in game to see what it's about, so thanks for pointing it out, i'll definitely try what can be done with it! :smile:

You're not getting it. It's called "disable action camera", but if you have the action camera disabled, that same key activates action camera for as long as you hold the button. OP just wants to change how rightclick specifically works because reasons.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Parasite.5389 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Parasite.5389 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

You're not getting it. It's called "disable action camera", but if you have the action camera disabled, that same key activates action camera for as long as you hold the button. OP just wants to change how rightclick specifically works because reasons.

Oh! Right! Thanks! :smile:
    I'll try it out. I think it actually might also be what OP wants too.

• Light Angel.2735Light Angel.2735 Member ✭✭
    edited March 19, 2021

Can you please add Ignore Alt + Tab and Ignore Windows Key options into the game Settings?

I use the Alt, Ctrl, and Tab keys frequently for targeting purposes. When I combine the Alt and Tab keys (which happens a lot) the game will temporarily minimize to the Windows desktop, which can be super inconvenient during combat. Having an Ignore Alt + Tab option would eliminate this frustration.

And I sometimes accidentally press the Windows key while either trying to press Ctrl or Alt (since they are located close to each other on my keyboard) and this also causes the game to temporarily minimize to the Windows desktop. Adding a Ignore Windows Key option to Settings would make me very happy ;)(Unfortunately disabling the Windows key globally outside of GW2 isn't an option since I intentionally use this key for tasks like Win + R to open the Run command)

Thank you for listening to my request! :)

@Asum.4960 said:
    This is odd, unless I misunderstand the issue, I can't reproduce this issue neither with Normal Targeting, Fast Casting with Range Indicator nor Fast Casting.
    Skills always cast precisely where my mouse is at the moment of cast, no matter how much I hold down RMB and move around.

You misunderstand the issue greatly.
    Cast goes to where mouse is, or was when right click made it disappear. Knowing where it is or was at every point in a fight is not at all reliable. This would replace the "cast at where mouse is/was" with "cast at reticle that sits above my head, which is always where my character is pointing".

@The Boz.2038 said:

@Asum.4960 said:

You misunderstand the issue greatly.
    Cast goes to where mouse is, or was when right click made it disappear. Knowing where it is or was at every point in a fight is not at all reliable. This would replace the "cast at where mouse is/was" with "cast at reticle that sits above my head, which is always where my character is pointing".

No, that's exactly what I can't reproduce. Where the mouse was before/at the moment RMB was held down does not matter for me at all. It always casts where the mouse is, at the moment of the start of the cast.

So unless there is some misunderstanding about starting and finishing the cast (and starting the cast is what is supposed to lock in the target location, not finishing it), I'm curious about what kind of combination of targeting options could enable this issue.

You press right click. Mouse disappears. Ground target casts go to where mouse was (still is) at moment of pressing. What is confusing you?

edited March 19, 2021

Alright, I just figured out what you meant. That honestly never occurred as a problem to me, as you'd still get a targeting reticule with Normal or Fast Cast with Indicator as to where your mouse is currently located, and I suppose my brain just automatically tracks where I had the mouse when engaging RMB.
    I suppose your issue is with the Instant casting option while locking the camera/cursor at weird positions then?

Switching to Fast Cast with Range Indicator (this being the same speed as Fast Casting, just with the added option of holding the button for aiming) should address that issue mostly though, allowing you to just hold down the button, giving you that targeting reticule (albeit be it not centered), no? That or just keeping the mouse centered/quickly recentering the mouse before engaging RMB ofc.

Otherwise, I'm all for optional targeting methods, but I'm honestly not confident Anet is going to develop a whole new targeting system 8+ years in for what seems like a fairly niche issue/semi user error. Especially since what you are asking for, essentially, is Action Camera (just as a hold down activation on RMB).

I actually have the Action Camera toggle bound to my mouse, and that works fantastically. Since your issue seems to be that you lock of your courser at weird positions for prolonged amounts of time of holding down RMB, and forgetting your positioning while looking around, you could also try just binding action cam there, essentially just freeing you from having to hold down the button, while giving you that exact targeting reticule while looking around as if you were holding RMB.

I have that enabled. It is slow.

• I'm glad to see people tend to agree, it would really be awesome to have all those completely different outfits to wear and change.
    I hope to see it come in to the game at some point, even if you need to buy skin templates to go lock into the build templates or something :)

• Please make a SAB themed Lounge Pass. Could be called Moto's Portal Passkey/ Super Secret Adventure Box Pass or anything else you fancy! Doesn't have to be in the SAB itself, just same theme.... it would be amazing! Thanks :D

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

I was redoing the Drizzlewood Coast meta two or three times during the last event week. That's when I noticed how inconvenient the speech bubbles are that incoming and outgoing communication via our asuran radio device creates, directly above our characters' heads.

• For instance, they cover the three-color defuse icons during the mine defuse event as well as drown out their sounds, leaving us with no clue on the required defuse code, resulting in a failed attempt.
    • They also block your view on things in front of you, for instance when you are doing the raven flight challenge. Very annoying.

Can we please get an option in the settings that allows us to deactivate speech bubbles? That would really help on maps like Drizzlewood.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well people claim they want a harder game.

Your character babbling away on the radio aint hard enough?

gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

SAB world 3 and 4. Also bring back the genie!

->NEW Asurapedia

@Dawdler.8521 said:
    Well people claim they want a harder game.

Your character babbling away on the radio aint hard enough?

:lol:

Thanks for the laugh.

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2021

You can try this

Chat Options panel
    At the top-left of the Chat panel is the Chat Options settings cog - click on it
    Show In-world Bubbles - Toggles NPC chat dialogue bubbles appearing overhead.

May only be for NPCs talking to each other but may also apply to chat from NPCs that appear above your head.

Chat_Options.jpg

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2021

any chance we can have an option to toggle cape/back item to show while in combat and out of combat, kinda like gw1 days or even todays weapon's while hiding them in stowed but show up when fighting.

imo, dislike the capes/back item hiding/clipping 2 handed weapons while in idle mode.

• Tekoneiric.6817Tekoneiric.6817 Member ✭✭✭✭

A portable waypoint device that once purchased and unlocked, becomes part of the world map. It allows players to port to any mastery insight they select for free.

• Astyrah.4015Astyrah.4015 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    any chance we can have an option to toggle cape/back item to show while in combat and out of combat, kinda like gw1 days or even todays weapon's while hiding them in stowed but show up when fighting.

imo, dislike the capes/back item hiding/clipping 2 handed weapons while in idle mode.

while we're at it wish they'd add a hide/show helmet in combat/in town too (+ an always off/on option)

• Mentioned in Skype.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

At the moment it's pretty inconsistent. If you have everything set to show then two-handed weapons will go on top of, and likely clip through, whatever back item you're using, but shields will hide it when they're stowed (unless you hide the shield). Or you can hide the weapons when stowed showing only the back item until you draw them, or hide the back item entirely so only the weapons show but then the backpack never appears.

Adding the option to hide back items when your weapons are stowed would be nice because then it would give everyone all the options. IMO the ideal would be to change shields at the same time to work the same as other weapons and the back item is only hidden when your shield is stowed if you set it to do that. It might be the least popular option but I can imagine times when players might want a shield and a backpack showing together. (I don't know I'd do that, but I don't mind holographic items clipping through things, because...well, they're holograms.)

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"Life's a journey, not a destination."

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Forum Moderator.4372 said:
    Mentioned in Skype.

Well rarely see one of you posting on the forum forgott to switch account?

edited March 21, 2021

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    You can try this
    [...]

I will try this, thanks! Hope it does the trick. :)

Edit: Nope. :/ Unfortunately, this only applies to ambient NPC dialogue.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2021

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

while we're at it wish they'd add a hide/show helmet in combat/in town too (+ an always off/on option)

Towns should automatically switch to town clothes.

Just saying. I've always found it amusing Anet didnt chose to monetize that separately from fighting gear.

gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Towns should automatically switch to town clothes.

Just saying. I've always found it amusing Anet didnt chose to monetize that separately from fighting gear.

At first they did, we used to have town clothes, which could only be equipped outside of combat. Apart from the default set which everyone got it was only available from the crown store. But then they scrapped that system and introduced outfits instead. Some town clothes became outfits (like the pirate and chef costumes) others became tonics for a while, then years later also got converted into outfits and some pieces (mainly head gear) became armour skins.

I still use outfits as town clothes. The majority of outfits I buy are ones which don't look like armour and ideally look like something NPCs might wear in a city and I use them for times when my character's armour would look out of place. I don't know I'd want it to switch automatically, because sometimes I want my armour in a city, but I've often wished they'd bring back the keybinding, so you could switch between your armour and currently selected outfit without having to open the menu.

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"Life's a journey, not a destination."

• @Ashantara.8731 said:

You can try this
    [...]

I will try this, thanks! Hope it does the trick. :)

Edit: Nope. :/ Unfortunately, this only applies to ambient NPC dialogue.

A pity.

However if anyone ever questions whether or not you are a real person you can use that to prove that you’re not an NPC. 😌

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

However if anyone ever questions whether or not you are a real person you can use that to prove that you’re not an NPC. 😌

:sweat_smile::+1: Yes, because that happens a lot. :lol:

• BlueJin.4127BlueJin.4127 Member ✭✭✭

Please reduce the intensity/brightness of the flashing pillar of light that plays every time the Pharus is drawn. Some players experience pain and/or discomfort from flashing lights. It sucks spending gold and effort into this skin, only to not be able to use it because of the flashing light.

• Add the PoF music boxes to the music novelties section.

• HnRkLnXqZ.1870HnRkLnXqZ.1870 Member ✭✭✭✭

Idea for a new gemstore-item: Ultimate Trading Contract
    If the player opens the wallet and clicks on any of the currencies, a vendor will open and sell all possible goods. No longer need to travel to certain maps or participate in certain events. Only works for vendors that have been visited at least once (like the Renown Heart Vendors). Due to its bypass functionality, it could be sold for a higher price.

They could also open a list of all possible vendors, where we can pick the one we need, instead of listing all goods at once.

• The Fractal Instability social awkwardness could be renamed to social distancing

• Asgaeroth.6427Asgaeroth.6427 Member ✭✭
    edited March 28, 2021

Add a new skill line to each mastery section that consumes all the extra points available for minor account bonuses like karma, gold, xp, and magic find. Would be nice to have a minor reward for full mastery completion and have something to do with our extra points. Make it unlock after all the current lines are completed so people don't accidentally spend important points on a very minor track.

• Shinrai.8532Shinrai.8532 Member
    edited March 28, 2021

Profession skill slot selections would be great to have.
    Please give the option to select slots where F1, F2 abilities appear.

• Ability to cutstomise stickied achievement lists on a per-character and/or per-map basis.
    • Have a search function that tells me on which other character or bank a given item is.
    • Ability to access the wiki for an item or skill by right-clicking on it.