[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas - [Merged] - Page 63 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas - [Merged]

Comments

• At least one of the sPvP maps does not show the names of the capture points when the mouse pointer hovers over them in the compass. I believe it is Battle of Kylo. It would be helpful to have all the PvP maps show these names when hovered over.

I wonder what's here.

• Yer.8096Yer.8096 Member ✭✭
    edited March 29, 2021
    1. LFG description should have less time limit to update. Sometimes (like commanding Drizzlewood maps) we need to update but... We cant :(.
    2. When in a squad, we can enter a map on another copy. We want to find commander to join "right" copy. To be in subgroup 2 isnt good, cause your party cant see targets. We should see commander in a visual contrast (a really one, like a complete different color than a white border), to help find him/her and join the "right" map copy.
  • Adding a vendor to reacquire items from collections you've already completed would be awesome. Or just add a tab to the vendor already in that map, if it was a collection item gotten there.
    If the item in question was a salvaged item, then the vendor would sell it for whatever it would have been salvaged for; sold for coin would be rebought for the same coin amount. And if it was something that had no value for getting rid of it, then it could be reacquired for free or for a small fee depending on the item.

I'd love an option like this, since there's been many 'junk' items that I've had to get rid of simply because I have no space to keep them, when I would have loved to stash them away because they were neat.

• @Shadowfall.7148 said:
    Adding a vendor to reacquire items from collections you've already completed would be awesome. Or just add a tab to the vendor already in that map, if it was a collection item gotten there.
    If the item in question was a salvaged item, then the vendor would sell it for whatever it would have been salvaged for; sold for coin would be rebought for the same coin amount. And if it was something that had no value for getting rid of it, then it could be reacquired for free or for a small fee depending on the item.

I'd love an option like this, since there's been many 'junk' items that I've had to get rid of simply because I have no space to keep them, when I would have loved to stash them away because they were neat.

This would be good for all the lorebook collections in the game too, unless they give us a library at some point (which would be awesome)

• WJHB.8130WJHB.8130 Member ✭✭

Im sure this is already somewhere in this thread but a bank overhaul (hide tabs so its all one big bank, make it resizable, hide inventory bags, etc), and a character screen overhaul (move character icons to side and display more, allow pinnable characters). Both of these have not received a change since launch and it really hurts.

• Perhaps not exactly a quality of life addition, but I'd like to see the headslot apart from outfits, not just turn it off. So many nice headpiece skins I rarely buy/use because the character wears an outfit.

• Solaerin.8635Solaerin.8635 Member ✭✭
    edited April 1, 2021

Can we please get an option to disable the appearance of custom projectiles? Currently, this functionality exists for item sounds but there is no setting for visuals. Legendary weapons like Meteorlogicus and Bifrost produce unique projectiles, which can look cool for certain circumstances but can ruin others. A specific example is with Elementalist: people who play this class want to enjoy the aesthetic of wielding all 4 elements, but you can no longer do this while using legendary staves or scepters because you lose the fire / water / earth / air visuals. I know that I am someone that crafted Meteorlogicus before the custom visuals were added, and now it's a weapon I don't enjoy using because I lose out on the elementalist animations when I equip it.

I'd also like to stress that this can have meaningful ramifications for gameplay. For example, when using Meteorlogicus:

Phoenix, an ability that deal upwards of 8-10k damage in PvP, has the same visual as Ice Shards, a water auto attack that does a fraction of the damage.

This feature would pair perfectly with the option to turn off custom item sounds, which as I pointed out is already in the game.

• Sailorz.5426Sailorz.5426 Member ✭✭✭

@Solaerin.8635 said:
    Can we please get an option to disable the appearance of custom projectiles? Currently, this functionality exists for item sounds but there is no setting for visuals. Legendary weapons like Meteorlogicus and Bifrost produce unique projectiles, which can look cool for certain circumstances but can ruin others. A specific example is with Elementalist: people who play this class want to enjoy the aesthetic of wielding all 4 elements, but you can no longer do this while using legendary staves or scepters because you lose the fire / water / earth / air visuals. I know that I am someone that crafted Meteorlogicus before the custom visuals were added, and now it's a weapon I don't enjoy using because I lose out on the elementalist animations when I equip it.

I'd also like to stress that this can have meaningful ramifications for gameplay. For example, when using Meteorlogicus:

Phoenix, an ability that deal upwards of 8-10k damage in PvP, has the same visual as Ice Shards, a water auto attack that does a fraction of the damage.

This feature would pair perfectly with the option to turn off custom item sounds, which as I pointed out is already in the game.

very agree, much good idea

• An option to buy Gem Cards on your website, i am fed up with trying to get the authetication to work through the ingame store, paypal keeps giving me errors, covid does not make it easy to go down and buy a paysafecard, and scandinavian banks doesn't seem to work with the ingame popup window, it is far easier to purchase through a browser out of game.

• BlueJin.4127BlueJin.4127 Member ✭✭✭

Bunch up the home instance gathering nodes.

• Please update the Thief short bow auto-skill Trick Shot so that the combat damage floater shows damage of each hit instead of cumulative damage.

I wonder what's here.

• Kyban.4031Kyban.4031 Member ✭✭✭

It would be nice to have the option to buy Heart completion with Heroics.
    Not quite the same but we can already get Hero Points. It would make map completion more enjoyable for those who like the running around of world completion but want to skip the tedious busy work of Hearts they've done before.

• Solvar.7953Solvar.7953 Member ✭✭✭

For recipe books that contain a bunch of recipes, grey out the entries which are already known, so one can quickly scroll the ones to find ones not known, instead of hovering over each one to see if it is known or not.

• A new resizable window that would be very easy to implement with a list with all emotes available with its own descriptive image, when you click on one of those it would be just trigger the associated command.
    Basic image idea for the UI : image-emotes.png

Also a input for filter them dynamically and the possibility to bookmark them as favourites. People would use the emotes much more and easier with this utility.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

For SAB:

1-Can a happy cloud be added to skip glove master ninja in w2-2 in infantile once beaten for the next runs?

2-Have some visual indicators about where to dig to find baubles chest.

3-Make the boomerang work better like being head seeking and going to nearest foe.

4-Decrease the ooze poison speed on our health for world 2-3 it is kinda short in time before having no heart left.

5-Trampolines and mushrooms seems fine now, also, thanks for the decorations.

6-Add player cosmetics volume option. This include sound of glider, box o fun, summoning mount sound, summoning chair sound, birthday blaster.

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN/PRIMORDIUS EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI
    ->NEW Asurapedia

• Time to put limits on buy orders with the trade post. There are literally 972000 quantity orders on things driving prices up, its the banking guilds and everyone is complaining about it. This is done to make people place higher orders, then they do it again.. Then the prices keep going up due to this as they sell at high prices after driving prices down. Please post limits on how many one can pre order due to this banking guild scam. Ive actually had one tell me all about how they do it. He even said Anet knows this and watches them for selling gold.. Yea, these people are selling gold on gw2 on sites... you should be buying the gold and banning the people for ever, not a month, not a year, complete ban until you get them gone. They are making the trade system really suck now. It used to be mild.. now everything is going up and the little guy who isnt cheating or taking advantage has to pay 3 times the price. Mithril ore used to sit at 35 copper, its over 1silver each now with multiple 1mill buy orders.

Sigh.

• Sounds like a good idea to me.

@Wisely.4819 said:
    Heyo, it is my humble hope for Anet to add something akin to a Transmutation Pass, i.e. an item that, once purchased, unlocks unlimited transmuting on a character for a certain time. Juggling transmutation charges is my singular source of anxiety and stress in this game - I just want to be able to wardrobe freely, match with my friends for dungeons or whatever strikes my fancy that moment. Fashion is one of the most fun things for me and it being so limited in Guild Wars, which is a visually awesome game, just makes me sad. I'd honestly rather pay for a gemstore pass than manage transmutation charges in their current state. I know they can be farmed, but it's tedious and I'd rather spend that time actually playing the game. Every other big MMO lets you fashion to your heart's content, so why not Guild Wars?

• QoL request: +2 more to the maximum Equipment Template Slots please. More convenience and more gem spending. ;)

Example: My guardian has 7 sets of equipment. I expect in future updates that we might need more.

(For build templates, once we exceed 6, we can still switch them around using the Build storage.)

Once we exceed Equipment templates, the set-ups can clutter the inventory (and we might mix up or accidentally delete expensive gear).

This would help QoL even with the Legendary Armory release. Even those with legendaries don’t need to press so many buttons to swap between 8 equipment sets,

• Yer.8096Yer.8096 Member ✭✭

I'm not sure if this is a QoL suggestion: a "/dance" with mounts would be really fun.

• So this was an idea that dawned on me because of all the Super Adventure Box weapon color variants.
    Emotes that use weapons in hand like a /weaponraise or a /weaponpoint and could do more silly stuff like when people raise their weapons together to unite.
    A /crush emote to raise one arm up from a more sideway direction and crush their hand into a fist as like a self projection of strength or vigor in the moment.

• I would really like to see an option to enable font change to new krytan , Myself and my wife have taken the liberty to learn each symbol and can pretty much translate the symbols and read as we do normal english.
    So a button to change all ingame font being; chat, all item and subtitles text to New Krytan would be amazing and would feel alot more involved in the world of guildwars...

Thanks for reading my suggestion .

• Astyrah.4015Astyrah.4015 Member ✭✭✭✭

a /changepose command to change the way we /sit or idle with our weapons drawn out would be nice :)

• Aeon.4583Aeon.4583 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 10, 2021

WHEN? WHEN?? WHEN???
    P.s. I don't want to remove legendary trinkets from character templates because it allows to re-use single infusions in all templates, but hell i hate the cosmetic aura effect! Please!!! Add hide\unhide checkboxes!!!

• I'm sure this have been requested many times, but just one more time for good measure - let us deactivate crafting professions at will.

I have many characters that have crafting profs at level 0 because I planned to level them up or just use them to get some character levels, but plans changed. Now it is impossible to navigate and remember who actually can craft what I need and who is only "technically" a leatherworker.

We can already magically "forget" crafting profs when we want to pick a new one, so it should be easy to just have a similar dialog option always available at the respective crafting trainer.

• Neoniac.2813Neoniac.2813 Member ✭✭
    edited April 10, 2021

(Open World) A debuff that limits player's eligibility for rewards while afk , it can be from client side as well , so in low periods of time (2-3 mins maybe) if player doesn't press a non-spam key they get a not eligible to rewards debuff , will be removed like when player actively* kill x mobs kinda task

• Requesting an engine upgrade to dx11/dx12 to allow my newer-than-2002 equipment to properly run this game. This is such a beautiful game, and it’s a shame that we cannot run this on max settings without lag spikes 😔😔

• Sailorz.5426Sailorz.5426 Member ✭✭✭

Display setting templates set by the player. I like to run high settings in PvE but when I'm in pvp I use a specific set and always have to swap and adjust evertyhing. c:

• When you clk (or uncheck) show player names, that it actually would work would be nice. Squads with 100 names its just blistering to the eyes when you have enough spell effects going on etc... it would be nice that it function better or have a new check box, SHOW no player names no matter what! lol

• To be able to resize targeting target thing at the top in the middle and to be able to move it anywhere on the screen like almost all MMO's. The lack of UI adjustments in this game...... =)

• Gems item, to purchase a new UI slot for shared inventory that is movable as well, place it whereyou want and not have to open inventory to use them, little icons like necro has for the shade spells, etc... This would bring in the sales for sure, your welcome!

• Real dragon mounts.. not half bull looking things... Like D&D dragons, yea, you make fortune off that, your welcome again!

• How about a legendary armory?

• Astyrah.4015Astyrah.4015 Member ✭✭✭✭

some QoL for RPers, a shortcut bind/key for:

Show Backpack = on/off
    Show Headgear = on/off
    Show Outfit = on/off

(can add something for gloves and shoulders on/off too)

• Frostfang.5109Frostfang.5109 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Astyrah.4015 said:
    some QoL for RPers, a shortcut bind/key for:

Show Backpack = on/off
    Show Headgear = on/off
    Show Outfit = on/off

(can add something for gloves and shoulders on/off too)

And let the backpiece show while doing emotes!

• Frostfang.5109Frostfang.5109 Member ✭✭✭✭

For the love, add an option to HIDE NAMES while in a squad! Cant see kitten!!!

• For targeting; please allow an option so only able to target enemies instead of allies.

• Join the Ash Legion of Tawny Ridge in Stealth operations... This heart is maybe the only heart in the game that actually annoys me to the point of wanting to alt+f4. I know old content is pretty much unlikely to get updates at this point. But please add white circles or something to show the range of the npcs in this heart.

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭✭

Not really QoL but a suggestion. How about a mini Retro Rytlock Brimstome for next Super Adventure Festival :D

I'm Hunter, he/him
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/charactersgw2
    Meme God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Since the release of strikes I still not have runic armors. Why? Because you are asking of abberant amount of crystals, abberants amount of gold and the items you can exchange for armor pieces never drop!!! I'm angry, 250g for a chestplate, you know it is what 250g? It is almost as much as the griffon mount! crazy, still don't understand that the following items droprates haven't been increased: Ice pearl, frozen spark of life, ancient deldrimor gear, essential oil of shadows, blessed raven statuette and pristine fang of the whispers. Come on, why the choya are they account bound? Can't you remove merchant value and make those items sellable and buyable on Trading post?
    It is annoying. Come on again, they are exotics, not even racial, and you ask 750g and ~350k karma for the full set? Big oof. Really. Not even a full ascended armor set cost that much! For the sake of the skritts balance your game, why there are exotics armors costing more than ascended or precursors?!!! Do something, change the price to only require 50g per armor piece. ANY PIECE. Don't understand the stupidity of increasing crystals and gold price for helmet, chest and shoulders...

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN/PRIMORDIUS EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI
    ->NEW Asurapedia

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd love it to be a cool QoL feature, because I feel like content like Fractals should have a leader role that would allow them or lieutenants to e.g. mark places to stack up.
    It would be useful in DRMs, Dungeons, wvw party play too, or even Tournament matches in PvP.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

H. P. Lovecraft

• I'm not sure if this fits in with QoL, but my idea is to give each Elite Specializations two weapons instead of one. With EoD coming, it'll sure be nice if most weapons were available already instead of having to wait 10 years.

I suggest having
    HOT
    Dragon Hunter: Long Bow & off hand Sword
    Berserker: Torch & main hand Shield
    Herald: Shield & Great Sword
    Druid: Staff & offhand Focus
    Scrapper: Hammer & main hand Mace
    Daredevil: Staff & Dual Mace
    Chronomancer: Shield & Dual Daggers
    Tempest: Warhorn & offhand Scepter
    Reaper: Great Sword & offhand Axe
    POF
    Firebrand: Main hand Axe & main hand Focus
    Spellbreaker: Dual Daggers & offhand Focus
    Renegade: Short Bow & offhand Focus
    Soulbeast: Main hand Dagger & Rifle
    Holosmith: Main hand Sword & Staff
    Deadeye: Rifle & offhand Focus
    Mirage: Main hand Axe & Main hand Pistol
    Weaver: Main hand Sword & main hand Focus
    Scourge: Torch & offhand Shield
    EOD
    Guardian Archon: Warhorn & offhand Scepter
    Warrior Warlord: Staff & Offhand Pistol
    Revenant Overlord: Main hand Scepter & main hand Pistol.
    Ranger Warden: Hammer & offhand Shield
    Engineer Technomancer: Great Sword & offhand Focus
    Thief Inquisitor: Torch & Great Sword
    Mesmer Siren: Short Bow & Warhorn
    Elementalist Arcanist: Long Bow & Great Sword
    Necromancer Warlock: Hammer & Rifle

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Veprovina.4876 said:
    This used to be the case (minus the commander powers), but it was apparently abused as party leaders would kick players before the boss was finished etc...
    It's unlikely to return unless a ton of other underlying systems are improved as well to prevent grieving.

well, in raids and strike missions the commander can't kick during fights, though. And also it's just for organization purposes, I don't want the party commander to have unlimited powers.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

H. P. Lovecraft

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Veprovina.4876 said:
    This used to be the case (minus the commander powers), but it was apparently abused as party leaders would kick players before the boss was finished etc...
    It's unlikely to return unless a ton of other underlying systems are improved as well to prevent grieving.

Yeah this is true, many stories told over time such as dungeon groups being kicked for no reason so the party leader could bring all their friends in for the end reward etc.
    There was also times where the instance owner would loot and run and the rest of the group would be kicked before they could get their end rewards.
    It sucked.

• Zephire.8049Zephire.8049 Member ✭✭✭

Adding markers for parties would be nice, but as others have said, the party leader was something that used to exist but was removed because people abused it to the point people were turned off of using LFG or being the PUG of a group as there was no small chance you'd be kicked just before getting credit or loot.

• Veprovina.4876Veprovina.4876 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 18, 2021

@Arden.7480 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

well, in raids and strike missions the commander can't kick during fights, though. And also it's just for organization purposes, I don't want the party commander to have unlimited powers.

Yes, but that would require a new party system to be in place. And you'll find that the community likes to make excuses for Anet citing "sphagetti code" and all sorts of ridiculous things as to why this can't be done. At least that's my experience when making suggestions that by all accounts should be an afternoon job.

For what it's worth, i agree with your suggestion, it would be nice to even be able to run a caommander tag in a a party so you can do fractals and whatever, i'm sure some people would find it useful. And the devs do read the forums and suggestions.

Just don't expect anything to change any time soon. Especially not before EOD expansion comes out because that's where the bulk of their work will be now.

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

Yeah this is true, many stories told over time such as dungeon groups being kicked for no reason so the party leader could bring all their friends in for the end reward etc.
    There was also times where the instance owner would loot and run and the rest of the group would be kicked before they could get their end rewards.
    It sucked.

Yes, while i never experienced this myself, even before in the early days, i did hear how the system was abused a lot. So while the current one isn't perfect or abuse-proof, it's better than the one before. Still, i won't say no to improvements. :smile:

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Arden.7480 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

In dungeons, the kicking happened usually just before the last boss. Then the leader either brought in guildies (that this way ended up skipping most of the tedious parts of the dungeon, but still got most of rewards for it), or put up the dungeon path for sale.
    In raids, there's no point to that, because there's next to no "intermediary content". You get the rewards for the bosses you kill, not for completing the wing, so skipping first bosses just to kill the last one is pretty much meaningless.
    Still, originally there was a little bit of griefing sometimes at the very beginning, when you had to actually be alive to pick up the rewards. Some leaders liked to kick dead players before they had a chance to revive, come back and claim the loot. It took a change in how the rewards are obtained to stop that.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭✭

Add it optional and make those players that want it very happy while others that do not want it are not affectd at all. :)
    Don't know how much coding/work that would be though.

There is still a lot of bad stuff that exists in the game though. For example: Fractals at the start need to everyone check "ready" (instead of a majority vote that also could be possible there).

On the other hand (which is weird): Forcing the poor guy that wants to finish the fractal back to the lobby by majority vote is still possible and I do not know if it is griefing or if some players just do not know enough about the game to just leave the party so the other guy could just put the group back in lfg. There should be no majority vote but everyone should have to agree to go back to lobby. But ArenaNet decided to have the decision that is more impactful (player that got forced back to lobby by majority will have to run the whole fractal again) require a majority vote while stuff that is not that important requires everyone (not 3 out of 5 only) to vote "ready".

Minor tweaks here would help a lot.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Arden.7480 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

In dungeons, the kicking happened usually just before the last boss. Then the leader either brought in guildies (that this way ended up skipping most of the tedious parts of the dungeon, but still got most of rewards for it), or put up the dungeon path for sale.
    In raids, there's no point to that, because there's next to no "intermediary content". You get the rewards for the bosses you kill, not for completing the wing, so skipping first bosses just to kill the last one is pretty much meaningless.
    Still, originally there was a little bit of griefing sometimes at the very beginning, when you had to actually be alive to pick up the rewards. Some leaders liked to kick dead players before they had a chance to revive, come back and claim the loot. It took a change in how the rewards are obtained to stop that.

Well it also locked them out of said rewards during that week even if they killed the boss again hence the change.

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2021

@Luthan.5236 said:
    There is still a lot of bad stuff that exists in the game though. For example: Fractals at the start need to everyone check "ready" (instead of a majority vote that also could be possible there).

How does it make any sense to not check if all are ready for group content? If you want to run ahead, have the afk person leave or remove them, then the vote can go through. A majority vote makes no sense if the goal is to check if the entire party is present. This is such a check intended to let people finish what ever they are doing in the fractal lobby (which is a lobby where players occasionally need to do things or purchase things BEFORE entering the fractal), and it has work arounds if need be.

@Luthan.5236 said:
    On the other hand (which is weird): Forcing the poor guy that wants to finish the fractal back to the lobby by majority vote is still possible and I do not know if it is griefing or if some players just do not know enough about the game to just leave the party so the other guy could just put the group back in lfg. There should be no majority vote but everyone should have to agree to go back to lobby.

It's 5 players, you need a 3 to 1 majority vote to kick someone (less as group size shrinks). Now this does not prevent abuse, but when playing with completely random players, you must have kittened off at least 3 of them to receive a kick. Given the baseline stance of players in general not wanting things to take longer than needed, you thus must have:

A. made someone actually take the time to consider and initiate a vote kick, while him risking the others kicking him instead if he is being toxic if the vote is unwarranted

B. made a majority of the party want to remove you in agreement with the vote kick, and not consider kicking the vote kick initiating party instead

C. have the party willingly take extra time in finding a replacement afterwards

A vote kick is not the same as a ready check. It is a parties last means to try to remove an unfitting element before disbanding or having a majority of players have to deal with an individual they do not want there. Why should 4 players be punished because 1 does not fit? You have not really thought this through here have you? You are only seeing the 1 poor person who got kicked by abuse. What about if you were in a party with someone who started cursing, insulting, trolling and in general being toxic to the group? You are now forced to either redo the content after removing them or be subject to this individual giving this person all the power in the world over your leisure time. Now THAT is toxic.

Where this can see abuse is when the positions of the members are skewed to begin with, say if some party members know each other, etc. Which works both ways in preventing abuse too.

As to the topic at hand: it would be nice if markers were available or other functions which groups and squads bring with them. Maybe everyone can have access to such functions without explicitly requiring a group leader. No to the past group leader functionality and control. It is not needed for the majority of content in this game.