[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas

Comments

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

If only if it doesn't take too much to program it that is... i do not think it will ruin the game health and the game community if they do make a node collection point in home instance for ppl to purchase..
    squallaus.8321, we not asking for the extra maid and butttler services pls just 1 -.-

Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• Zeefa.3915Zeefa.3915 Member ✭✭✭

Go to the Grove home instance, much more compact than the other instances, making it quicker.... when you know your way around at least.
    I can sorta see why someone wants this kind of item if you use Divinity Reach, Hoelbrak or Black Citadel home instances, but only because those got the nodes way more spread out all over the place than the Grove does. Still though... not really in favor of it.

• Urud.4925Urud.4925 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2018

I'm too lazy to even visit my home instance everyday. I did it 3 three times in total, just to listen to some BGM from M.O.X. (the dwarves is awesome)
    I don't even remember what node I have inside. I have nothing against a butler that collects your stuff and keep it there for days, until you come back home. But a "tool" that automatically harvests everything... idk, it's quite hard to explain. Some asuran device maybe?

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

If they put an item like that in the store, ok, probably won't buy it though.

How much more lazy can you ppl get? Why bother logging in and playing at all, just spend 100$/month on the gemstore and buy everything you want once a month? xD

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Dungeon Rework, UW content
    Contra: New Races, New Classes, New Weapons, Capes

• I’m one of those types who like visiting my home instance and wish there were more to do there. I like running around and gathering from nodes even though I know it’s suboptimal. I like the fiddley part of the garden plot and wish more home instance add-one had stuff to tinker with for particular or exclusive results.

• mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2018

@Talindra.4958 said:
    I know it's probably quite mad to ask for this.... We all know time is essence .. is it too much to ask for a tool in home instance upon interact it auto mine every home instance nodes into inventory xD anet can sell this tool in tp :p

Can I have a gemstore item that instakills my targets in WvW too?
    Ganking people for wxp is tedious.

• Ardenwolfe.8590Ardenwolfe.8590 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2018

I dunno . . . having an NPC miner, farmer, and/or lumber to tend your home instance materials isn't a stretch. I'm not really seeing the harm in this request. Seems quite reasonable, actually. Only downside would be losing extra materials gained from items like Sprocket mining tool. But if the NPC uses the tools your character has equipped, I'm definitely sold.

No longer posting or playing.

• Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭

I never harvest everything in my home instance, either only the daily or certain nodes(don't need to harvest some of the low level materials anymore), so this wouldn't appeal to me personally.

Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

• Manasa Devi.7958Manasa Devi.7958 Member ✭✭✭

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Convenience only goes so far. At some point it becomes detrimental to the game. I've seen people ask for practically anything you can think of to make things easier for them, or to save time, some of it positively ludicrous. I would not buy such an item because I do not want to encourage a practice that, in my opinion, can give people more options to play the game less.

Yeah, not having to spend 5+ minutes in solitude in a non-gameplay instance doing nothing of importance would be such a detriment to an MMO. I don't think the game can survive people not running the same circuit of nodes time and time again, all by themselves without anyone even aware they're doing it.

Kudos on completely missing the point. People have been asking for all kinds of things to make things easier for them, but that only goes so far. This game should not become a gemstore convenience item game that enables people to circumvent parts of the game they find tedious or boring. I'm already opposed to the lazy WP unlock item that's available in the gemstore. That thing should not start a trend. In fact, I hope they remove it at some point, like they've removed other gemstore stuff throughout the years (though I realize it's highly unlikely ANet will scrap it altogether).
    And you know there is also another option, right? Not doing the tedious thing. If it's so bad, why do it in the first place? And second of all, gathering is gameplay. Crafting is gameplay. This game is more than just fighting mobs and bosses. But if that's all you like to do, stick to that and buy your stuff from the TP. If it's not of importance, as you say, I don't know why people would bother with it anyway. It's not as if you're missing out on much by not farming your home instance. People who feel forced to do things in game are completely missing the point of playing games. It's pastime, fun, relaxation, etc. If you feel you need to do something you don't like, you're doing it wrong.

No, you're missing the point. This thread is about something specific. You're just ranting about generalities that have no bearing on this specific suggestion. Your response misses the point of the topic by astronomic measurements.

• DarcShriek.5829DarcShriek.5829 Member ✭✭✭

Why not ask for a tool that completes the game for you?

edited March 16, 2018

Because the OP isn't asking for something so beyond-the-pale? He/She is asking for something more akin to an infinite tool which does the work at once. Kind of like salvage all tools and consume all actions.

Again, a reasonable request that has echoes of it already in game. Please stop trying to equate it with something outrageous and not asked for.

Thank you.

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

So like a Home Instants?

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• Robban.1256Robban.1256 Member ✭✭
    edited March 16, 2018

No thanks. And while you're at it why don't req for world completion to > @Talindra.4958 said:

I know it's probably quite mad to ask for this.... We all know time is essence .. is it too much to ask for a tool in home instance upon interact it auto mine every home instance nodes into inventory xD anet can sell this tool in tp :p

"It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might has well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default"- J.K Rowling
    “The more you know, the more you know you don't know.”-Aristotle

edited March 16, 2018

@kitten.4078 said:

It absolutely is beyond-the-pale. The OP is asking for something that automates game play. There is currently nothing I can think of that automates game play. It is in no way at all like infinite gathering tools. Infinite tools work the same way as non-infinite gathering tools, except that they never run out. You still have to do the work to gather with them same as with non-infinite.

If you want to gather your home instance nodes than you have to actually go to your home instance and do the gathering. If it's not worth the effort then don't do it.

I presume you salvage items? Also, you get magic from them? Using your logic, I also presume you click each item to salvage them and click each magic fragment to gain magic find increase for your account instead of salvage all or consume all. Otherwise, you're already guilty of the very thing you argue against. Yes, that's also automated when you use salvage all or consume all. Beforehand, each player had to 'work' to gather the salvaged and consumed items. One click at a time. Such is not the case any more given the above mentioned automation.

Therefore, your argument falls flat.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Also, I don't see why anyone could object to this little bit of automation. No one and I mean no one, not a person in the game, not a person in the world except from someone in my house looking over my shoulder, would actually be aware that I'm making a cup of coffee instead of running around that instance for the umpteenth time. It affects no one except me. All these objections are based on arbitrary principles. Certainly not on any rational consideration. This has no impact on anyone's else's appreciation for the game. None. The level 80 booster, which in effect is also a bit of automation to save time, has infinitely more impact.

Well said and exactly.

• Drecien.4508Drecien.4508 Member ✭✭✭

Myself and my guildies do my home instance everyday without fail. Whether you sell or hoard it all has a use at some point for most people. Automating this is silly, then my peeps won't be able to enjoy the loot. The worst purchase was the black lion hunter board, they harvest for you and honestly you can farm much more in istan than that thing has ever given me.

30 Beautiful new mount skins?! Anet take my money!

• @Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Convenience only goes so far. At some point it becomes detrimental to the game. I've seen people ask for practically anything you can think of to make things easier for them, or to save time, some of it positively ludicrous. I would not buy such an item because I do not want to encourage a practice that, in my opinion, can give people more options to play the game less.

Yeah, not having to spend 5+ minutes in solitude in a non-gameplay instance doing nothing of importance would be such a detriment to an MMO. I don't think the game can survive people not running the same circuit of nodes time and time again, all by themselves without anyone even aware they're doing it.

Kudos on completely missing the point. People have been asking for all kinds of things to make things easier for them, but that only goes so far. This game should not become a gemstore convenience item game that enables people to circumvent parts of the game they find tedious or boring. I'm already opposed to the lazy WP unlock item that's available in the gemstore. That thing should not start a trend. In fact, I hope they remove it at some point, like they've removed other gemstore stuff throughout the years (though I realize it's highly unlikely ANet will scrap it altogether).
    And you know there is also another option, right? Not doing the tedious thing. If it's so bad, why do it in the first place? And second of all, gathering is gameplay. Crafting is gameplay. This game is more than just fighting mobs and bosses. But if that's all you like to do, stick to that and buy your stuff from the TP. If it's not of importance, as you say, I don't know why people would bother with it anyway. It's not as if you're missing out on much by not farming your home instance. People who feel forced to do things in game are completely missing the point of playing games. It's pastime, fun, relaxation, etc. If you feel you need to do something you don't like, you're doing it wrong.

No, you're missing the point. This thread is about something specific. You're just ranting about generalities that have no bearing on this specific suggestion. Your response misses the point of the topic by astronomic measurements.

Because something like this can start a trend. No, it's not a given, but I find it best to avoid things like that to not start said trend. The trend being that people spend less and less time in game because more and more things become automated. They get one thing, they ask for more. And if they don't get more, they become unsatisfied customers. If people find certain things in a game tedious, if people start to spend less time in a game because they want to spend their time otherwise, to me that's a sign that said person is already one foot out the door. Not someone I'd cater to. You don't offer a visitor a drink when he's already one foot out the door either. I do see your point, that you're talking about something specific, I just don't agree with it. I always find that people who are focused on specifics lose sight of the bigger picture, which is what I was talking about. And you've just confirmed that twice.

• Abakk.9176Abakk.9176 Member ✭✭✭

Considering the rampant amount of Necro/Engineer botters an automated Home harvester would be the VERY LEAST of my problems as a game developer.

• TWMagimay.9057TWMagimay.9057 Member ✭✭
    edited March 17, 2018

Honestly, I'd rather have the home instance reworked to make it more engaging and worth it instead of turning it into "press button, get loot". I was quite excited about getting things for mine until I entered a full home instance. The realisation that I would not actually be, erh, taking care of it and it'll look exactly the same way as all the other instances made me a little sad. Then I asked the guy if it was worth getting all the things. He laughed at me. He "enjoyed" it so much, he hadn't even bothered to check what seeds to plant in his garden plot and had just thrown lettuce and stuff in it. It's depressing how boring and pointless a home instance is.... In fact, it's not a home instance but a hotel room instance.

• Either tools that harvest until the node is empty -
    or

• a paid service:

-> 50s for all ore nodes
    -> 50s for all wood nodes
    -> 25s for all harvest nodes
    -> 1g for all containers (wintersday tree included)

• Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

+1 would love to get more ouit of home ini

• Plok.5873Plok.5873 Member ✭✭✭

Silverwaste, Cursed Shore(?), Istan & SW isles yield more return per time and can be farmed for hours.
    IMO a full home instance (an investment of 5K gold) should be competitively attractive. At the moment it isn't, by popular vote; when I offer mine in guild and map chat I hardly get a reaction anymore. That was entirely different before the material prices plummeted.

How do we get home instances attractive again? Even trying to alter material prices over this affair seems unreasonable. What remains is a) increasing the home instances' yield or b) lowering the effort.
    b) could be done by allowing friend-listed accounts to enter independently, or installing a portal from those currently under-utilized guild halls, or that gathering NPC mentioned afore.

Plok, that's is really good suggestion [thumbs up]

Envoy's Herald, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

Home instance gathering is something I do daily with my husband :) sometimes he stood his character outside the instance door waiting for me to be ready to do it with him and I didn't know.. he would be there forever waiting.. uppsy..😅😅. I do not farm other map but home instance us one I do everyday xD we just do it like daily routine sort of thing. Those who does it too will understand 😉

• artemis.6781artemis.6781 Member ✭✭✭

@Talindra.4958 said:
    Home instance gathering is something I do daily with my husband :) sometimes he stood his character outside the instance door waiting for me to be ready to do it with him and I didn't know.. he would be there forever waiting.. uppsy..😅😅. I do not farm other map but home instance us one I do everyday xD we just do it like daily routine sort of thing. Those who does it too will understand 😉

Yep even if I simply log in for daily rewards, I always run thru my home!

• On occasion when the New Event Nearby text pops up, going to Map doesn't always show where it is until you travel in the direction of the event. Since not everyone has every event memorized and requesting events in chat for dailies does not always garner a quick reply... wondering if Anet could add an Arrow that pops up below the text with a generalized direction on which to travel to reach said event.

Just a thought.

• Rinn.2375Rinn.2375 Member ✭✭

I like the daily chores in my home instance. When I log in, I check the dailies and rush to the home instance to harvest. Usually it completes a daily too. It's a fix point in my playtime when I can greet the online guild members and friends and talk about the plans for the day. If they make a service to collect all of the nodes (maybe a cute sylvari for plants, a big ugly charr for mining and a norn for chopping wood) I'll buy them or get them if they story related, but never use them. I just like to do it myself ;)

Need a functional brain for asura researchers. I mean it! The last 10 story steps I made in the game were started, included or concluded with the "an asura really really kittened it up" plot twist :P

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd be happy if they just enabled gliding or mounts in home instances.

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

• Algreg.3629Algreg.3629 Member ✭✭✭

@HardRider.2980 said:
    Can we have a tool that auto completes a map as well
    Or auto completes a dungeon.

When you compare it to such things.. it's very mad to ask personally and something Anet would not do.

you will have to agree that harvesting your home instance isn't really an integral part of playing though.

• Biff.5312Biff.5312 Member ✭✭✭✭

The point is that this is another variation of one of the most common requests: can someone please either play the game for me, or have the game play itself for me. If you don't find the game fun, don't play. Now of course there may be only certain aspects you don't like (I don't like JPs - should I have the option of a non-mesmer insta-port so I don't have to waste time?). But if they gave in to all these requests there would be no aspect of the game you couldn't opt to skip. So there has to be a compelling reason to abandon the current system, which there isn't. Just people not wanting to play.

• MithranArkanere.8957MithranArkanere.8957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2018

I actually suggest this often myself:

"Black Lion Gathering Assistant"

• Gathers all nodes in the home instance for you by talking to them. All nodes are quickly used up and you get the materials in your bags. Make sure you have room or you'll get Encumbered!
    • You will be basically 'lending' your tools to the NPC, so tools with uses will lose them, nodes will be left not gathered if you run out of uses, and If you have equipped tools with sigils or special gathering effects that produce bonus materials when talking with the assistant, they would be considered to produce bonus materials.
    • It will also open chests if you have keys for them.
    • Price would be something like 1000 gems, with a fee of 50 copper per node; or 2000 gems and has no extra fees.

@Biff.5312 said:
    The point is that this is another variation of one of the most common requests: can someone please either play the game for me, or have the game play itself for me. If you don't find the game fun, don't play. Now of course there may be only certain aspects you don't like (I don't like JPs - should I have the option of a non-mesmer insta-port so I don't have to waste time?). But if they gave in to all these requests there would be no aspect of the game you couldn't opt to skip. So there has to be a compelling reason to abandon the current system, which there isn't. Just people not wanting to play.

"Constantly pressing F" is by far one of the most boring tasks one can perform.
    To the point Gathering needs an overhaul that encourages exploration over repetition, making it less about pressing F, and more about finding and reaching more nodes.
    Like making all nodes account wide so they can't be gathered extra times with other characters, but in exchange giving them an accumulative daily login bonus that stacks up to 28 logins. So finding a rich node you haven't gathered in 28 days would give you way more materials per swing than gathering the same one over and over.
    More events would reveal nodes when completed like "Kill Korritkir the Chucker" and "Return the arboreal spirit to its husk, and drive away the hylek" do.
    More jumping puzzles and mini-dungeons would have nodes that become available to gather when they are completed without using teleportations.
    World bosses could be considered nodes after training a Mastery, letting players gather their remains for materials, like getting Corrupted cores and lodestones from remaining ice shards after defeating the the Claw, or Branded cores from fallen Shatterer's pieces.

If they ever add fishing, it better not be a "press F" kind of thing, we have 10 skills slots, more than enough to have a fishing mastery system that unlocks fishing skills, baits to craft with cooking and huntsman to catch different kinds of fish all over the world, bait recipes to learn from regional fishing masters that teach us more recipes as we catch harder and harder fish and show our trophies to them, and of course a fishing collection for each region with all the fish you can catch there, from the basic ones to the Legendary ones.
    But definitely not pressing F.
    Pressing F once in a while is fine, all the time is too boring.

• Dreadshow.9320Dreadshow.9320 Member ✭✭✭

Can we remove all graphics and I can just see the code lines matrix style and enter the code for my interaction.

• Probably not worth it in the long run, but the QoL is just insane. Here take my money.

• Drecien.4508Drecien.4508 Member ✭✭✭

I use rata sum for the layout, even though the jade node makes me angry every time I see it hidden away. The black lions gathering board was a colossal waste for the returns, so maybe that could be reworked to do the home instance? It's already on a delivery schedule, you get what's there in a nice little bundle and off you go onto the next great adventure. I'd buy it.

30 Beautiful new mount skins?! Anet take my money!

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2018

I welcome the idea of our home instances being customizable and putting all the nodes at the entrance. However we should still manually mine them for the chance of extra loot per drop from the glyphs.

A lot of condescending idiots are just coming out of the woodwork for this one.

• Algreg.3629Algreg.3629 Member ✭✭✭

@Dreadshow.9320 said:
    Can we remove all graphics and I can just see the code lines matrix style and enter the code for my interaction.

If you are able to interpret these like Neo, it sure will help in mob boss fights and wvw :)

• Skotlex.7580Skotlex.7580 Member ✭✭✭

As we all know, with each new LS map, we get a new node for our home instance. Thus, as time advances, collecting everything that our home instance has is starting to become a real chore, to the point that sometimes I'd rather just not do it. However, it does feel like a waste leaving all those nodes there waiting to be gathered.

So I was thinking, why not have an asuran tech gizmo that would allow us to remotely gather everything available in our home instance? It could be like the guild hall synthesizers, displaying a hologram of stuff as it gets gathered. The idea is that instead of running all over the place, pressing F next to each and every node, you'd just run up to your gizmo, press F, and go have some coffee while everything gets gathered up (obviously, the required tools, if any, would still be checked for and consumed).

To me, this would be such a great quality of life addition I would pay some serious gems for it, personally I'd even say this QoS is worth 2k gems for myself, that's how annoying it is having to loot my home instance everyday xD

• DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭

Search is your friend. Already suggested and... well... better to just look at the results.

X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

• Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭

So if having gathering nodes in your home instance is too annoying to gather on your own, then why have them in your home instance at all?

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn

Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

• GreyWolf.8670GreyWolf.8670 Member ✭✭✭

I wouldn't. I never go to my home instance.

• Skotlex.7580Skotlex.7580 Member ✭✭✭

I totally missed this discussion when it first came up. And it wasn't actually that long ago...

I'll just say, that a home instance gatherer wouldn't actually yield any returns for a few years (given that most of the home node unlockables cost 50g each, and the gizmo itself would probably go for no less than 1k gems), so it's not going to break the game in any way that may actually matter. All it will do is save a few minutes of daily time for the poor people who actually spent hundreds of gold on nodes that aren't yielding any returns until the end of the game's life.

So, really, it's a QoS which isn't even as impactful as many other items in the gems store (I am looking at you, instant level 80 boost).

PS: Having spent [50g x node] for a bunch of nodes that I am suddenly too lazy to harvest daily, because of how much time it takes, is gonna feel like an even greater waste of gold than it was to acquire the nodes in the first place :x

• Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Home instance is a daily event in my guild. Every day at reset and often after, I take groups of people into my home instance. We're all on voice chatting the whole time...well most of us are. I usually do 3 full home instance runs right at reset, back to back.

• Eme.2018Eme.2018 Member ✭✭✭

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Maybe you haven't realized but a very big portion of the time you spend playing this game is actually spent on "non-gameplay". You can reduce every little and seemingly unimportant thing to its core but in the end you will be left with something that does not resemble a game, a raw idea.

To be clear, I am not claiming that implementing the tool that OP is suggesting will break the game and strip it off its essence but rather that we must be very careful not to get caught up in the "zeroing game".

• Manasa Devi.7958Manasa Devi.7958 Member ✭✭✭

@Eme.2018 said:

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Maybe you haven't realized but a very big portion of the time you spend playing this game is actually spent on "non-gameplay".

All the more reason to minimize instances of it that we can.

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

Just give it the Black Lion Hunter's Board treatment.. Mail all my home instance node materials. Leave such things like chests that require keys, that you have to manually open. The less work I have to do on such repetitive stuff the happier I am. I'm already using Glyph of Industry for my home instance because of how long it takes to go through it.

• kurfu.5623kurfu.5623 Member ✭✭✭

No. That's just lazy game-play. Some things are intended to take time in order to slow the pace.

This is my signature. It is not very exciting.

• None of the nodes will recoup their cost for years anyway, which is why I don't bother with them. I'm not fussed, although the idea is nice. Perhaps you could dump tools into an inventory in the device and it will collect at reset each day for you to come and pick up the results whenever and replenish the tools in it.

Exploring Tyria since before the fall of Ascalon.

• I'd be down with this.
    Because I forgot those nodes even existed until I saw this.

Plus if you want to do "it makes lore sense", you can pull that too.
    Just make it a Pact person who was injured in some battle who volunteers to do it for the Commander so that they don't feel useless. Or make a race-specific one, because what self-respecting Asura is going to walk their happy butt back to their house every day to mine those things instead of just making a cheap golem to do it for them?

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.