[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas

Comments

• Totally agree. Inspite of the New Event Nearby popup, it is still a hit and miss.

• joneirikb.7506joneirikb.7506 Member ✭✭✭✭

Iirc the immersive combat mod allows you to clean up the UI for stuff like daily/story etc. But I've only heard other players talk about it here on the forums so don't know the details.

To get rid of all the pulsating-disco-fever-light on the screen, no idea other than adjusting some options. Though it is sorely needed.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
    "Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth." - J. Michael Straczynski
    "It's kind of sad how MMORPGs went from DND based sandbox games to theme park grind time sinks." -YoukiNeko.6047

• Or give a bigger range that we can see events on the mini map. That would help a lot too.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

Doesn't the Content Guide point to new events when they appear? I admit I hardly ever use it, but I thought it prioritised events, at least if you turn off the Personal Story.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    Or give a bigger range that we can see events on the mini map. That would help a lot too.

That would work too. It does seem like the range for being told an event is happening and the range for them showing up on the map should be the same.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

I Agree with this one.

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Swappable Sigils/Infusions on Legendary Weapons
    Contra: ViP-Systems, GemShop flashyness, unfinished releases

• Plautze.6290Plautze.6290 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah, make it happen, please =)

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Kareem Aqbar | Mindblower Torxx

• AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

I agree. I've always wondered why it will tell me there's an event nearby, but not show me there it is.

• Funny, I often see Content Guide pointing to the event, or the event showing up on the World Map no matter how far away.
    Still, there are some events called out that don't show up.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

In some of the personal story missions and also in meta events, they often use a red or green arrow, so the coding has been done.

• Under the Options menu, there is a setting referred to as the "Content Guide" that allows the user to indicate local map content of interest to them. Options include tracking all relevant events, personal story, and map completion. However, a fundamental flaw with the current Content Guide is that for relevant zones there is no way of disabling formerly completed repeatable hearts in the local area without disabling other map completion objectives.

In the Living World Season 3, Path of Fire, and Living World Season 4 maps, this feature would be a significant quality-of-life improvement for the player (especially since repeatable hearts appear to be the way of the future). The most extreme examples where this feature would be beneficial are on the maps for the Elon Riverlands and the Domain of Vabbi. Elon Riverlands has 6 repeatable heart regions, however none of these cover the region in the northwest corner of the map. The Domain of Vabbi has 8 repeatable heart regions, none of which cover the eastern side of the map (ala the Branded region). In the core Tyria and Heart of Thorns maps of the game world, this would not be an issue for map completion as the hearts are not repeatable and the Content Guide can navigate to the next relevant feature. However, it appears that repeatable heart regions (even regions previously completed) take priority in the Content Guide over exploring new areas of the map. This makes performing true map completion in these regions extremely frustrating as players cannot easily determine what regions of the map have been visited yet for waypoints, points of interest, hero challenges, and most importantly unexplored territory. As an example, the point of interest "The Boneyard" in the southwest corner of Domain of Vabbi can easily get overlooked until the nearby heart regions have been completed.

Based on some preliminary research, this topic has been brought up multiple times already. Below are some of the threads bringing up this very suggestion (or similar ones):

I expect there may be some technical limitations preventing the requested feature from being implemented. If that is the case, I would be grateful to at least be informed that this is a feature that cannot be reasonably implemented or is not in the development plans.

Thank you for your consideration.

Note: While it is useful, hovering over the icons in the map window to indicate unidentified POIs, hero challenges, etc is an insufficient solution as it does not address the issue of unexplored map territory.

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2018

I'm pretty sure there was a thread about this already including the option of not having to the heart again just to be able to access the vendor side of it.

Edit: There may be the reason for repeating to get Mastery XP, not sure...

Fàther (TK)
    Tactical Killers
    Server(DR)

• Shikigami.4013Shikigami.4013 Member ✭✭✭

This is one of the hundreds of "quality of life" changes that seem to be given low priority by ArenaNet. I am not going to list any others in order to not derail the thread, so I'll just say that I agree with the request / suggestion :)

YouTube “L2villagejester”.
    People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
    Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

• BlueJin.4127BlueJin.4127 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2018

Oh, this thread, again. Yes, it would be nice if, when I'm trying to do map completion, I can see the usual map completion directions on the content guide instead of the completed heart I have no interest in re-doing. It would save me the trouble of constantly opening the map, disrupting what I’m doing, trying to find where my next map completion item is.

• To clarify, the biggest challenge for map completion is making progress on unexplored territory in your current zone and adjacent zones. Unexplored territory in your current zone appears to be the second lowest priority item for the Content Guide, only beaten by unexplored territory in adjacent zones. It seems like a repeatable heart on the opposite side of your current map takes priority in the Content Guide over moving into unexplored territory relatively nearby. Being able to disable completed repeatable hearts in the Content Guide would go a long way towards improving quality-of-life for map explorers.

• starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MaliceAwakening.9205 said:
    Being able to disable completed repeatable hearts in the Content Guide would go a long way towards improving quality-of-life for map explorers.

As a map explorer that never really stopped me so long as I have a map I can look at. The irony here is that the content guide won't show you stuff you haven't been in proximity to, unless its an unexplored section. That distinction is important, because map complete is centered around "icons", and the content guide doesn't point to icons you haven't encountered yet. Something I'm ok with, because it demands reading comprehension when you're supposedly "stuck/lost".

But then again I'm kind of old school........ be not a slave to the little dotted line.

• Rhyse.8179Rhyse.8179 Member ✭✭✭

How about option to disable content guide completely?

5 years, no change, still can't use 30% of my screen...

It would be really helpful for me if a 'Salvage all salvage items' option could be added to the right-click menu on salvage kits. This would affect all the items in the Salvage Item category - the ones whose only purpose is to be salvaged or sold on the TP.

I always salvage them and I often do that first when sorting out my inventory because it's an easy way to clear some slots....except for the fact that I have to double click the salvage kit and then search through my inventory to find them. The alternative is to leave it until after I've sorted everything else out and I'm down to just equipment (and salvage items) I want to salvage (with anything I want to keep hidden in my invisible bag) because then I can use 'salvage all masterwork and below' which includes them. But then I lose the benefit of clearing the slots early in the process so it's easier to sort through what's left. It's sometimes preferable, especially when I have a lot of salvage items (like the 150 centaur hides I ended up with after doing the leather farm in Lake Doric for about 20 minutes while waiting for an event) but still annoying.

I don't know how easy it would be to make this change, but if it can be done without too much trouble it would be a big help for me.

(On a related note I've really appreciated the existing salvage kit options over the last week. I'm in the process of getting my main set up for raids and between trying to decide on a role and stats and making exotics to use in PvE in the interim I've had a lot of extra gear in my bags, including salvagable exotics and sellable ascended and I wasn't able to fit it all in my invisible bag, which is very unusual for me. So if I wasn't able to use right-click > Salvage all Rare/Masterwork and below I'm sure I would have accidentally salvaged something I needed while clicking through it all.)

As an alternative, let us mark items as 'Marked for Salvage' and right-click on the Salvage Item for 'Salvage all marked'.

@Plautze.6290 said:
    As an alternative, let us mark items as 'Marked for Salvage' and right-click on the Salvage Item for 'Salvage all marked'.

That wouldn't be any good to me because I'd still have to hunt through all the drops in my inventory to identify the items I want to mark for salvage. My goal here is to add salvage items to the things I can clear out very quickly when I first open my inventory, so it's easier to sort through the remaining stuff which I don't always do the same thing with.

• DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭

@Plautze.6290 said:

How would this work? Take a specific heavy chest piece for example, like a chain coat. The same item can have a wide variety of names, levels, stats, and runes. "Mighty chain coat," "Malign chain coat," etc. Wouldn't you have to mark each "version" as salvageable? Or are you only proposing certain items can be marked salvageable?

X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

• Biff.5312Biff.5312 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think this was the reason some bags were created that are 'invisible'. This way, you can store the stuff you don't want affected in those bags and not worry about it. I'm not sure if it affects salvage though - they were set up to avoid selling things accidentally. Nevertheless, a better solution would be similarly to make the bags for those items you do NOT want to salvage. Then just salvage all and voila.

• Gehenna.3625Gehenna.3625 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think that the option to insta-salvage all blue and green items would be a wonderful addition to the game. As it will be an issue to have enough salvage kits it will likely have to be an upgrade for that copper machine that salvages stuff. Give that one an upgrade that you can instantly salvage blues and greens. Yellow and up I would keep out of that.

"In my experience, if you can't say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything." ~ Minister Durano

• Jwake.7013Jwake.7013 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2018

@Gehenna.3625 said:
    I think that the option to insta-salvage all blue and green items would be a wonderful addition to the game. As it will be an issue to have enough salvage kits it will likely have to be an upgrade for that copper machine that salvages stuff. Give that one an upgrade that you can instantly salvage blues and greens. Yellow and up I would keep out of that.

You can though, just right click on the salvage kite and choose blues or blues and greens, and it does them all. Or am I miss understanding something?

"Freedom is something that you need to actively acquire. It's not something that's given with no strings attached. To be free means to take responsibility, and to prepare yourself for what's to come." ~Charles Beams~

@Jwake.7013 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:

You can though, just right click on the salvage kite and choose blues or blues and greens, and it does them all. Or am I miss understanding something?

Well you have to click each individual one to salvage or are you about to reveal a big secret to me that I wish I'd known years ago?

"In my experience, if you can't say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything." ~ Minister Durano

• @Gehenna.3625 said:

@Jwake.7013 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:

Well you have to click each individual one to salvage or are you about to reveal a big secret to me that I wish I'd known years ago?

Right-click your salvage tool for an option to mass salvage certain rarities.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:

@Jwake.7013 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:

I think I'm going to log into the game and then fall off my chair in amazement lol. In my defense I've only played this game sporadically but I had no idea this could be done.

• @Gehenna.3625 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:

@Jwake.7013 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:

I think I'm going to log into the game and then fall off my chair in amazement lol. In my defense I've only played this game sporadically but I had no idea this could be done.

It was added to the game a bit over a year ago iirc. :)

• Trae.2384Trae.2384 Member ✭✭✭

@Gehenna.3625 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:

@Jwake.7013 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:

Prepare to be amazed, pretty much every stackable consume type item now has a consume/use/salvage/whaever ALL. No more clicking thousands of luck or that silverwastes sand.

• @Danikat.8537 said:
    The alternative is to leave it until after I've sorted everything else out and I'm down to just equipment (and salvage items) I want to salvage (with anything I want to keep hidden in my invisible bag) because then I can use 'salvage all masterwork and below' which includes them. But then I lose the benefit of clearing the slots early in the process so it's easier to sort through what's left.

How often do you want to do anything but salvage gear that's of Fine quality? (blue) You could just start off with "Salvage all fine and below" (the top option) and then take up the loot-handling from there, actually looking at the Masterwork and better stuff.

@Trae.2384 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:

@Jwake.7013 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:

Prepare to be amazed, pretty much every stackable consume type item now has a consume/use/salvage/whaever ALL. No more clicking thousands of luck or that silverwastes sand.

Ok, Real Life distracted me for a bit, but I am now officially amazed :D

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Plautze.6290 said:

That wouldn't be any good to me because I'd still have to hunt through all the drops in my inventory to identify the items I want to mark for salvage. My goal here is to add salvage items to the things I can clear out very quickly when I first open my inventory, so it's easier to sort through the remaining stuff which I don't always do the same thing with.

Okay, I see.

@DeanBB.4268 said:

@Plautze.6290 said:

How would this work? Take a specific heavy chest piece for example, like a chain coat. The same item can have a wide variety of names, levels, stats, and runes. "Mighty chain coat," "Malign chain coat," etc. Wouldn't you have to mark each "version" as salvageable? Or are you only proposing certain items can be marked salvageable?

I propose that we have to mark the items as salvageable in our inventory, then right-click our copper-fed to select 'Salvage all marked'. But somehow, that wouldn't fit the inventory's mouse-only mentality. Then again, in the same time it takes me to mark items for salvage, I could as well salvage them right away. Okay, salvage my idea =)

• I don't see it as a real necessity (just do Salvage all Masterwork and below more often), but I second this
    It totally makes sense and it should be very easy to implement, as they are internally marked as Salvage items already

• @Trae.2384 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:

@Jwake.7013 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:

The annoying exceptions:

• Tomes. If I have a stack of four (week four of the daily login cycle, for example), I have to use them separately.
    • Some types of RNG dye packs have Use All, and some do not, and I almost never want to use just one of the stack.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• My suggestion (and I apologize if this has been brought up before - I did a search and didn't find a topic) is to create a "watch this item" button for all gem store items to allow players to receive notifications when the watched item goes on sale - or, in the case of seasonal/occasional items, the players will receive notifications when that item returns. I feel this simple suggestion could be mutually beneficial to both the player-base and Anet.

• For the player, the benefit is obvious, they'd never miss the items they're looking out for in the gem store, either for a sale or for a recurring item to make a return. I'm speaking from experience in that I've missed several sales I've been waiting for, and have also missed the returns of several items I had been waiting for.
    • For Anet, they 1) get access to a mass player survey indicating the items they're most interested in, which can inform their future sale and gem store item release decisions, and 2) would gain the transactions of players (like me) who would have otherwise missed the items/sales and not purchased anything.

Of course, a financial analysis would need to be performed on the advantage of putting a popular item up on sale (and having more players purchase it at the cheaper price) versus leaving it at a higher price (and having fewer players purchase it, but at the higher price).

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2018

You can give this a try: GW2timer.com

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Hevoskuuri.3891Hevoskuuri.3891 Member ✭✭✭

This would be great. 'Nuff said.

Let me remind you though, aside from GW2timer.com there's a gem store-related pinned topic on the front page, where new and returning sales are updated every patch day (or whenever something comes up for sale). Usually there are imgur/youtube links to new skins/mounts/gliders as well. You can check the new goodies there without opening the game client, and works on mobile too. Of course, it's nowhere near as sophisticated as your suggestion, but creating a shortcut or a bookmark and making a habit of checking that every day will ensure you'll never miss a sale.

• Rococo.8347Rococo.8347 Member ✭✭✭

I always use the thread sticky, I suspect the idea is that you feel the need to check the TP regularly and end up dropping gems on items you wern't waiting for...

• @Rococo.8347 said:
    I always use the thread sticky, I suspect the idea is that you feel the need to check the TP regularly and end up dropping gems on items you wern't waiting for...

For me personally, I was hoping to receive email notifications so that I didn't have to log into the game or forums to check. I've taken time away from GW2 from time to time, and I've missed out on items that I surely would have bought had I known about them because I didn't have the discipline or desire to continue to log into GW2 or the forums to check every week. I haven't dropped gems on things I wasn't waiting for; I just ended up not dropping gems at all because I flat out miss the items I was waiting for (which was my point as to why this is a bad thing for Anet.)

But I recognize I'm not necessarily representative of other players. Other players may do as you suggest and actually drop more gems when the items they're waiting to go on sale simply don't go on sale. I actually hold off, whereas other players may give in and just spend more gems. If more players behave in that manner, then it's actually beneficial for Anet to NOT put the desired items on sale and let us know about it.

• Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭

Hey there, just something that's bugged me for awhile.

If I follow an achievement so I can keep track of progress, it replaces the tracker for Dailies. Is there a way to have both?

If players are worried about visual clutter, could we just have a box to check in settings if we'd like to keep both up at the same time?

It's a bit annoying to have to constantly open the hero window to check dailies while I'm tracking other things. It's a small annoyance and not game breaking, but it would improve my experience at least.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.