[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas - Page 29 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas

Comments

• Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2019

Learn from the numerous (unreasonable) mistakes form Skyscale.

• Tawniey.3796Tawniey.3796 Member ✭✭

@mathion.8549 said:

There are very practical, real-world issues with trying to create a single open map from Central Tyria. I won't go into them, but they're not going to do that. It SOUNDS like you're not utilizing the tools and tricks available to you to level up QUICKLY. If you think you need to follow your progression with the level of map, you don't. The map XP increases with your level, maintaining a consistent XP increase. TBH, ANet all but makes you level 80 ASAP, but there are some strategies as to how to do that FASTER.

I recently took a character from level 40 to 80 in about 6 hours of play, all without going to more than seven and a quarter maps (the cities and Queensdale, with some of Ashford, IIRC).

First, I started with a level 2 (you always start with level 2 after Pre), and popped the level 40 cookie I had. I then got some XP bonuses that give XP for "all game types" of XP, and mapped all of the cities. Once I was a higher level (I was 45, I think), I got level appropriate masterwork armor and weapons (you can use the gear you get from level rewards, but most of it will be lower-level by the time you're done, I usually just dump it, since it can't be salvaged or sold).

Hey there, friend. I appreciate your input, but unfortunately, my suggestion had 0% to do with leveling. I have 45 characters, and I'm well aware of techniques to level quickly.

My suggestion was about making the base game content more enjoyable on the whole, as I've found that other MMOs, when changing from a level-gated zone system, to an open world system, became much more interesting to play in. The idea is that, while the backwards-leveling system we have right now allows for high level players to assist low level players, there is very little other draw to complete zones you've outleveled. In addition, as you said, even leveling players have little draw to complete other zones, as you can effectively level from 1-80 in one zone, and why travel halfway across tyria for mobs your level when you don't have to?

There's so much lovely environmental storytelling in this game. There's little jokes and hidden storylines in events and interactions. Getting a Gen1 Legendary weapon shouldn't be the only reason I'm experiencing these things. In addition, the base game maps are very very infrequently visited these days. Opening Central Tyria to all players regardless of level creates more opportunity for interaction between players old and new. New players wouldn't feel as pressured to get to 80 quickly to partake in "veteran content" just to be on an active map. Older players would have a rekindled spark to play the base game. It's truly a win-win all around.

Yes, I understand that there are challenges in changing the level system. I did not suggest one map for the entirety, though, so I think that was misunderstood. I'm simply suggesting that ALL zones be battle-scaled. There should be no penalty for taking my level 12 character to the Iron Marches if that's where I'm interested in visiting. Since there is very little story through-line between zones, it doesn't make sense to effectively be punished for wanting to experience more of the lore of the world, especially from the perspective of a new player.

• Dumat.1479Dumat.1479 Member ✭✭

Small suggestion about all music boxes: shouldn't all of them be novelties? Would be cool imo.

• jezebel.7054jezebel.7054 Member ✭✭

Hello, could we have the wardrobe skins (in the Hero panel Wardrobe tab) in alphabetical order please? The Account Vault Wardrobe Storage already is and it's so helpful!

• Any chance that summon consumables (e.g. Fire Elemental Powder, Ogre Pet Whistle, etc.) can be made account-bound instead of soul-bound? Most of these items are already locked behind events which you need to have participation in, before you can purchase them. I think that's probably enough to ensure that players 'earn' the item, so I don't think it's unfair to give players the freedom to swap these items around between characters.

• Tekneeq.4302Tekneeq.4302 Member ✭✭

i think it would be cool to be able to mix and match store bought outfits together with each other,, and even mix with regular armor,, i also find it really rewarding while playing an mmo to get drops on the ground,, instead of the same old big chest u get from bosses and fracts,, i think it would be awesome to see an ascended weapon shining on the ground glowing pinkish and exotics glowing orange on the ground,, also would be kinda nice to see quest requirements kinda like how u needed the next mount to do part of ls or the regular story quest cant remember,, when u finish a quest u should feel rewarded,, but u should also feel great about just being able to start the quest,, like ohh i wanna do this quest but i need more achieve points to start it or i need to finish 2 quests in a diff part of the map to start this one,,

mix and matching outfits would inspire more people to buy them because they wanna see what crazy outfit they can come up with next

race change in gem store.. i promise u would see plenty money the second its in the shop.. even from people with 436734673 toons,, also plz plz plz add capes and GVG.. 10v10 or 15v15.. more pcs can handle 10v10 gvg.. giving people with high end and low end pcs more options on pvp styles

• Can the "Show all NPC names" option be changed to exclude player controlled units like ranger pets or necro minions? Another option "Show all player controlled entities" could be added instead that forces to show their names.

• DragonSlayer.1087DragonSlayer.1087 Member ✭✭✭

Ability to drag character boxes in character selection screen. So we can group certain characters next to each other.

• Warlord.9082Warlord.9082 Member ✭✭✭

Portals:
    - Item that allows you to bind all the passes (like for example Royal Terrace Pass andd Mistlock Sanctuary Passkey) into a single item like the Season 3 and 4 Portal Tomes do
    - Extendable item that allows you to create your own places that you can portal to. You'd first have to visit the spot and then you can commit it to the item and give the spot a name. Then you can travel to them like you would with the Season 3/4 Portal Tomes
    - Extension of Home Portal Stone to allow selection of which Home Instance you go to

Home Instance:
    - 3rd home instance Black Lion Gardening Spot (there's 3 spots in every Home Instance and you are only giving us 2? Why?)
    - Item that allows you to upgrade all your Home Instance nodes to Rich versions (including trees, plants, map currency, etc)
    - Access pass that I can give out to friends that allows them to enter my home instance (great idea by phs.6089)
    - More Black Lion Hunters Board teams

Storage:
    - New Shared Inventory cap of 40
    - New Bank Tab cap of 25
    - New Material Storage cap of 10000
    - Bauble Bubbles and Baubles should get their own Material Storage spots
    - Material Storage for Gem Store Boosters (Heroic Boosters for example), the Expresses (like Merchant Express) and Experience Scrolls

Gathering Tools:
    - Shared Gathering Tool Slot so you dont constantly have to go through the hassle of swapping them over
    - Allowing for multiple glyphs to be used on gathering tools

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

For Deadeye. Can kneel skill #4 "Death's Retreat" become a normal skill instead of targetted?
    1~ I struggle a lot of targetting the bar around my character.
    2~ When 2 enemies or more, I don't have the time of clicking 5 then 4 then looking at ennemy shooting at me then retargeting the other one and continue shooting.
    3~ That skill and "Shadow flare" are the only targetting skills for rifle deadeye and it's annoying whereas it could simply spawn a barrier following our character facing/summoning the flare on ennemy.

I feel like those skills are clunky. Autotargetting in my case just doesn't work, it isn't automatically jumping on target... and I don't have the time of targetting plus even more when ennemies are on me, irony for a sniper...

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• VDAC.2137VDAC.2137 Member ✭✭✭

@Warlord.9082 said:

Home Instance:
    - 3rd home instance Black Lion Gardening Spot (there's 3 spots in every Home Instance and you are only giving us 2? Why?)
    - Item that allows you to upgrade all your Home Instance nodes to Rich versions (including trees, plants, map currency, etc)

Gathering Tools:
    - Shared Gathering Tool Slot so you dont constantly have to go through the hassle of swapping them over

Totally agree on the garden plots! I want a third for aesthetics as much as for crafting more primers! :lol:
    Regarding making home instance nodes rich... considering how much each costs on its own, I think any upgrade would have to be very expensive for each one.

I would LOVE shared gathering tool slots! Multiple glyphs on gathering tools could potentially be OP, no? Bounty combined with Reaping or any glyph that grants extra materials?

• I'd like to see some dye channels opened up on certain outfits. Anything that has 3 dye channels should be bumped up to 4. One of my favorite coats is only a 3 channel and two separate materials on it share the same dye slot so they always end up looking really goofy. The materials are already completely separate from each other, it would just be a matter of making them dye independently of each other.

I'd also appreciate a on/off setting or even a slider for players glow effects/skyscales that doesnt affect AoEs or any ability signals, just disabling trinkets and things like that. It is getting harder and harder to focus on mobs and their ability queues now that everybody and their mother looks like a dying star. My PC would also be really thankful for the frame rate boost.

I would also love to see a return of personality traits, at least as far as them being mildly relevant to gameplay. (I.e: unique walk/idle animations, voicelines, maybe impliment an optional SUBTLE glow effect/filter to reflect this kind of alignment) As it is now, choosing any of the brutish, honorable, or charming dialogue options feels really hollow for a game that centers around playing how you want. It's like giving me the option to choose what color a knife is before I'm stabbed with it. Yeah I get to "choose" the knife but it doesn't matter cuz I'm still being stabbed, that doesn't change at all.

• BlueJin.4127BlueJin.4127 Member ✭✭✭

Instead of world completion for Gift of Exploration, I think map completing any 25 maps would be better. Core Tyria is a snooze fest for level 80’s to map complete and there are too many hearts.

^^

It's sad tha WvW map completion was removed. Sure I took time, but when used to finish them I was the happier player like I achieved something extraordinary, and no gift of explo is okay. Shouldn't be gave away. If they do that, they would have to give plenty of GoE to players which have already completed 100%.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Aeon.4583Aeon.4583 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2019

Allow us to trade Pile of Lucent Crystal for Charms.
    Drop rates of Lucent Motes are overwhelming compare to Charms, from slavaging runes\sigils. And my bags starting to be filled with Piles of Lucent Crystals.

• Personally, the largest and most beneficial QoL update would be to fix the 2-year old Mastery Point Notification 'bug'.
    Whether it's a bug, a feature, or something else entirely is outside the scope of this post, but I can safely say that it has come to the point that I no longer want to play GW2 despite specifically coming to this game with friends because of the design, style and lore of the game.
    For anyone unaware of what this bug is;
    If you have unspent Mastery Points but a maxed out EXP bar, you will be constantly reminded by a pop-up box larger than your default chat window (that also overlays everything) to spend them. While spending them might make sense, a lot of players will be trying to save them for the abilities they specifically want. Since they get more expensive the further down a single tree you go, the problem gets worse and worse the longer you invest as you will be forced to deal with this pop up for longer periods of time. Closing the pop-up only disables it for that specific "exp waste", so the next time you gain any exp for any reason, you will have the pop up reappear.

I can guarantee this would not be a difficult fix. Either by creating a boolean variable that is set in the settings menu to permanently disable the pop-up so that every time the pop up would want to trigger, it checks the boolean, and if true/false it proceeds/halts the instruction. Alternatively, adjust the current behaviour such that it only activates a single time per character, which again a simple boolean could do.

TL:DR
    A problem that has been reported and ticketed by at least hundreds of players since October 2017 has still not been fixed, and has caused many players to abandon the game out of pure frustration. Myself included for over 6 months.

• Please, separate daily tracking and achievement tracking, so that I don't have to click each daily everyday or cancel the achievements I've been tracking.

Here is a special request to have more red and orange dyes within rare dyes tab. Currently, it's filled with green, blue and purple taints why not adding red and orange too? They can be count on two hands...

• I've got a request concerning black dyes. None of them really look black. I would like to see a black dye similar to permafrost (call it permabyss or permablack for all i care) which is black as night no matter on what material it is appled to and so powerful it diminishes the details of armor, much like permafrost does. would be really nice to see. i've tried all shades of black i could find including shadow abyss and tar on the new skyscale skin, and lo and behold, shades of grey instead of the advertised black color. i know lizard scales should be reflective a bit, but someone over did it imho. shadow abyss is supposed to be the darkest black, and it really doesnt act like it on the skyscale skin. I mean sure, it would be nice if u fixed the reflection and alpha maps on the skyscale skin, but a new permabyss dye i really wouldnt mind at all ;)

• Unbind 24/28 Slot bags...let them still be craftable by other characters on the account. Can't believe I've just ran into this problem yesterday and seen forum posts mentioning it from 2 years ago but no mention of changing it. There's literally no reason to restrict them from being craftable once they're bound

• neoteo.3975neoteo.3975 Member ✭✭
    edited June 24, 2019

Easy way to bring a lot of players back.

Everything that is instanced, add the option to chose, easy mode, normal mode, hard mode and yes... Inferno mode ( near impossible to win)

How to do this with limited time and resources?

Use the player base, use veterans to beta test this changes and validate the difuculty.

• neoteo.3975neoteo.3975 Member ✭✭

Something that made me and many people love gw1 is that the best way to move forward in story mode was by grouping with humans, and sometimes the only way.

Forcing people to group to do something is not a bad thing, teaching people they need others to achieve is a very good life lesson.

I will not just say reward grouping, I will say next time you add content, force people to group, literally you can't get in alone, you need 5 people to go in. Ohhh the beauty.

And then reward those who already win that challenge when they bring new players in, but big rewards, so you have a constant flow of groups. So rewarding that people would have the LFG tab always open waiting for a noob to help.

• BlueIce.6951BlueIce.6951 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2019

@BlueJin.4127 said:
    Instead of world completion for Gift of Exploration, I think map completing any 25 maps would be better. Core Tyria is a snooze fest for level 80’s to map complete and there are too many hearts.

I really disagree. I find it fun going back through core maps that I haven't hung around in for quite a while. Especially with mounts, this is a fairly quick task.

Edit: I need to state that this is merely my opinion on getting the GoE and central Tyria map complete. I also want to state that I hate HOT maps and love most of the POF maps. I wouldn't be against allowing you to have random map completes count, but I do think that the ones that count should be similar in size or challenge. Tangled depths alone would be all of Orr.

Currently attempting all Legendary Journey collections at once.

@Warlord.9082 said:
    Portals:
    - Item that allows you to bind all the passes (like for example Royal Terrace Pass andd Mistlock Sanctuary Passkey) into a single item like the Season 3 and 4 Portal Tomes do
    - Extendable item that allows you to create your own places that you can portal to. You'd first have to visit the spot and then you can commit it to the item and give the spot a name. Then you can travel to them like you would with the Season 3/4 Portal Tomes
    - Extension of Home Portal Stone to allow selection of which Home Instance you go to

This would be a really awesome change and I think it would encourage more players to collect the devices. I would also love to see the world bosses portal device, renewable portal to friend, and HOT portal device be included in a bulk portal storage utility.

Home Instance:
    - Access pass that I can give out to friends that allows them to enter my home instance (great idea by phs.6089)

Third garden plot really should happen. There should also be an expansion of seeds for growing items. There would have to be a rich version of trees, the garden plots act as rich versions for the plants. It would be really great to be able to do garden plots or expanded nodes for the other dedicated harvesting nodes.

The access pass would also be really great and something I would gladly purchase.

Storage:
    - New Bank Tab cap of 25
    - Material Storage for Gem Store Boosters (Heroic Boosters for example), the Expresses (like Merchant Express) and Experience Scrolls

Definitely agree on needing more than 2000 for material storage. I think upping straight to 10000 would be excessive though. Also definitely need storage for bubbles and baubles.
    Personally, I want to see boosters go into an item like a combination of the novelties tab and the finisher tab of the hero window. I also want to see foods and utilities go into that panel and allow for the player to select which ones are used.

Gathering Tools:

I would love to see multiple glyphs per tool but follow the same idea as weapon sigils in limiting stacking of types.

@DragonSlayer.1087 said:
    Ability to drag character boxes in character selection screen. So we can group certain characters next to each other.

100% agree. A lot of people have posted about sort, view, and filter options on the log in screen as well.

ANET has done a really good job of listening to the community and posts on this forum to make changes that are heavily requested or easily made. The more people that post or thumbs up these suggestions the better. :)

• KazukoHimura.2314KazukoHimura.2314 Member ✭✭
    edited June 25, 2019

@BlueIce.6951 said:

@DragonSlayer.1087 said:

100% agree. A lot of people have posted about sort, view, and filter options on the log in screen as well.

ANET has done a really good job of listening to the community and posts on this forum to make changes that are heavily requested or easily made. The more people that post or thumbs up these suggestions the better. :)

I am thirding the kitten out of this.

Also, add baubles and bauble bubbles to either the wallet or the material storage.

Edit: Can we make candy corn have a consume all option?

Pardon me, I'm an Asura nut.

edited June 26, 2019

Add a Command line Parameter that will show you current Ping and server's Ip adress ( text in screen's corner ).

@VDAC.2137 said:

@Warlord.9082 said:

Home Instance:

Gathering Tools:

Totally agree on the garden plots! I want a third for aesthetics as much as for crafting more primers! :lol:
    Regarding making home instance nodes rich... considering how much each costs on its own, I think any upgrade would have to be very expensive for each one.

Hahaha, same here, more an aesthetics thing than anything else, my BLGPs are currerntly not even producing primer mats hahaha. I don't think it would have to be expensive. It could just be a gem store item that you can purchase that allows you to upgrade one particular node in your home instance to a rich version. Could be a nice way for ANet to generate some extra income :) Obviously, you would have to be able to purchase enough of them to

I would LOVE shared gathering tool slots! Multiple glyphs on gathering tools could potentially be OP, no? Bounty combined with Reaping or any glyph that grants extra materials?

I just would like to be able to use all the glyphs that I have collected at the same time. I don't see how it could be OP as overpowered indicates that it would be too powerful compared to something else and I don't really see what that something else would be. In case you mean compared to other players, I don't think that would count as they can put in the effort to collect them as well. Equality is found in possibilities, not in outcome. So I don't really see how this would be unfair in any way, shape or form.

@BlueIce.6951 said:

@Warlord.9082 said:
    SNIP!
    Storage:
    - New Bank Tab cap of 25

Definitely agree on needing more than 2000 for material storage. I think upping straight to 10000 would be excessive though. Also definitely need storage for bubbles and baubles.
    Personally, I want to see boosters go into an item like a combination of the novelties tab and the finisher tab of the hero window. I also want to see foods and utilities go into that panel and allow for the player to select which ones are used.

Yes, that is an even better idea!

Gathering Tools:

I would love to see multiple glyphs per tool but follow the same idea as weapon sigils in limiting stacking of types.

Oh yeah, obviously limit it to 1 or perhaps 2 of every type of glyph at most!

• TamX.1870TamX.1870 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2019

Build templates (switching gears, traits and also things like ranger pets), please. Make it work seamlessly with game modes (open world, fractals, pvp, wvw). It would be single most important feature to increase my quality of life.

I would really like to experiment builds, but it is very laborous and expensive before you have legendary items. Could this be eased even a little bit? Some suggestions:

• We have Ascended quality legendary pieces. How about adding much cheaper e.g. Rare quality legendary pieces (armor, weapons, trinkets) to the game, for making test builds? That is, rare quality pieces that you can stat change "on the fly", with ability to drop off runes (for switching them). Of course, it wouldn't hurt to have infusion slots in them, so you could try out them in fractals, but that is not mandatory.

• If not that, could we have some sort of mechanics to "merge" stats to pieces (armor, weapons, trinkets)? For example, if you are using e.g. Exotic or Ascended Berserker pieces, but you would like to try out something else (e.g. Marauder, Valkyrie), instead of crafting new armor piece, you would craft "stat merge device" (same cost or maybe slightly more expensive than actual armor), and apply it to existing piece. After that, you could switch between these merged stats "on the fly". Sort of "poor man's legendary"

• It could of course work so that you first create "mergable base piece", which comes without stats, and then start creating devices that add chosen stats to those pieces. Would not need to be Ascended quality (wouldn't hurt either), but again, it would be nice to have infusion slots to put some AR for fractal testing.

• This "mergable piece" could have same mechanism as legendary, so that you could drop off runes/sigils from that, for changing them. It wouldn't hurt to be able to drop off infusions, too, but that's not mandatory.

• Crafting first statless "mergable piece" would probably be more convenient way to implement this. We might use Mystic Forge to merge stats to the base piece: put base piece, "merge device" and piece having the stats you want to merge to Mystic Forge. Or, maybe: base piece, merge device and inscription/insignia to add chosen stats to base piece.

Some other possible suggestions:

• Faction (Vigils, Priory, Whisper) visible in login screen. This has been asked a lot, I think. It wouldn't hurt to have some other additional character information, too.

• Organize character slots better. Single list gets tedious with many characters. Make it something like 3 x 5 bar, or so, that you could pick the character more quickly.

edited June 27, 2019

@TamX.1870 said:
    Build templates (switching gears, traits and also things like ranger pets), please. Make it work seamlessly with game modes (open world, fractals, pvp, wvw). It would be single most important feature to increase my quality of life.

I would really like to experiment builds, but it is very laborous and expensive before you have legendary items. Could this be eased even a little bit? Some suggestions:

• We have Ascended quality legendary pieces. How about adding much cheaper e.g. Rare quality legendary pieces (armor, weapons, trinkets) to the game, for making test builds? That is, rare quality pieces that you can stat change "on the fly", with ability to drop off runes (for switching them). Of course, it wouldn't hurt to have infusion slots in them, so you could try out them in fractals, but that is not mandatory.

• If not that, could we have some sort of mechanics to "merge" stats to pieces (armor, weapons, trinkets)? For example, if you are using e.g. Exotic or Ascended Berserker pieces, but you would like to try out something else (e.g. Marauder, Valkyrie), instead of crafting new armor piece, you would craft "stat merge device" (same cost or maybe slightly more expensive than actual armor), and apply it to existing piece. After that, you could switch between these merged stats "on the fly". Sort of "poor man's legendary"

This could be like the trial section you get when you have an instant 80 boost.

Put the character into a zone either as open or instanced and allow stat change on armor, weapons, trinkets, and back items (including underwater gear). Allowing a selection of open zone would let players build characters based on working with other players. Instanced will allow players to focus on specific testing.

Whatever would be chosen though should definitely include underwater items and combat.

This could also be an excellent training area for users on things like break bars.

Some other possible suggestions:

• Faction (Vigils, Priory, Whisper) visible in login screen. This has been asked a lot, I think. It wouldn't hurt to have some other additional character information, too.

• Organize character slots better. Single list gets tedious with many characters. Make it something like 3 x 5 bar, or so, that you could pick the character more quickly.

Yes to both of these. PLEASE let us have some options for what we can view on the character select screen so those of us who want a lot of data to determine who to play will not negatively impact those that love the minimalist selection of character name, level, location, and professions only.

I would love to see things like:

• what level each profession on the character is at
    • if they are geared with visual effect items
    • how many bag slots are available/used
    • if there are any world zone maps open/complete
    • which faction the character chose
    • which story level the character is at
    • If the character is geared all at ascended, legendary, or exotic level items
    • a whole lot more but this list is getting too long for this post

I would also love options for character screen layout. by played hours, world complete, faction, active guild, general grid, alphabetical, class, race, etc.

• casualkenny.9817casualkenny.9817 Member ✭✭✭

mount skins (locked) in the wardrobe really need to be tagged with the set name for search purposes. not sure why this isn't already in place (just like how u can search gear by light-med-heavy etc)

p.s. thx for changing the tool glyphs to not require confirmation on application <3

• ROMANG.1903ROMANG.1903 Member ✭✭✭

I would like it if we had an option so that the boons and conditions we received appeared in the opposite order above our utility skills.

Currently, everytime a new one is received, its icon appears on the left and pushes all of the others to the right, making it extremely difficult in some cases to read and learn what it does or even ping it. It is especially true in combat when we're trying to see what a specific effect does, and it's constantly being pushed out of our mouse cursor because others effects are constantly applied and removed all the time.

If they appeared in the opposite order, the older, longer-lasting effects would appear on the very left and stay there, while the newer, shorter-lasting ones would stack on the right one by one without affecting the position of the previous ones. We could read them without their icons being pushed away by new buffs or debuffs.

• Zadok.3279Zadok.3279 Member ✭✭

give anyone who has a permanent repair kit, the current market price in gold to that person... and delete repairing from the game...
    it isn't fun and I dont personally know any one who enjoys the time wasted over repairing..

sure youll have those derps who say ' it only takes 1 sec '

im thinking in your lifetime you've wasted more time than you had to because of digital pixels losing durability.

should we talk more about the amount of fun per time given in this example?

anyone highly against it screaming that they want to keep repairs in the game? anyone? .... remove it ....

quality of life change that you wont see in gw2. why?

• ROMANG.1903ROMANG.1903 Member ✭✭✭

@Zadok.3279 said:
    give anyone who has a permanent repair kit, the current market price in gold to that person... and delete repairing from the game...
    it isn't fun and I dont personally know any one who enjoys the time wasted over repairing..

sure youll have those derps who say ' it only takes 1 sec '

im thinking in your lifetime you've wasted more time than you had to because of digital pixels losing durability.

should we talk more about the amount of fun per time given in this example?

anyone highly against it screaming that they want to keep repairs in the game? anyone? .... remove it ....

quality of life change that you wont see in gw2. why?

The reason they aren't removing the durability system entirely is because of people who purchased single-use repair kits. These purchases would instantly become obsolete.

This actually makes me think about an dea I had a while ago:
    What if we took all of these single-use utility things, removed them from the gemstore entirely, and instead distributed them to different crafting professions? The armorsmiths for all armor types would for example be the ones to craft Instant Repair Canisters, and could sell them on the TP. It could make all professions equally relevant if they each produced repair canisters that only work for their specific armor type.
    Merchants express, bank access and others things could be crafted by others professions, so that each of them ends up with a consumable that is relevant and useful and that constantly needs to be replenished. This would be a really nice boost to the economy depending on what materials are necessary for these different things.

Bonus point if all of these consumables had a special status that allowed them to be instantly delivered without being near a trading post: There would be an interface and when you'd want to do something that requires one of these consumables, it would instead display their current price and you could just pay it to benefit from its effects. So for example you wouldn't need to constantly carry bank accesses with you: You could just clic somewhere and if the price of that item is, lets say, 50 silvers at the time, you could just pay those 50 silvers and get instant access to your bank.

• I'd like to have my selected pve mount to remain what I chose in pve rather than switching to Warclaw when I exit wvw.

@Warlord.9082 said:
    Portals:

Home Instance:

Storage:
    - New Bank Tab cap of 25

Gathering Tools:

I would also like to add to this:

I want a Dragon Pinata Home Instance Node.

• I would really love it if all of the different mount options would stay on the shop as well so people could buy them whenever they want. I don't know why the desert racer and istani isles ones have been gone for so long :/

• who want blood.8765who want blood.8765 Member ✭✭
    edited June 30, 2019

@Warlord.9082 said:
    I want a Dragon Pinata Home Instance Node.

I Would also like a Pinata Home node, an Upgrade for the Wintersday Tree (like the candy corn node), the Fabled Noxious Pod Home node, and a PoF Home node (just to make it feel like i brought some of that expansion home with me)

• Different tiered difficulty for instances such as Dungeons, Fractals, Raids
    Difficulties can be
    1. Easy
    2. Normal
    3. Hard
    4. Hell
    Where the rewards returned scale based of difficulty. This would bring players back (As this has been asked for many times) as well as add more repeatability to the game play. Will also give people that want challenging content and want to test there mechanics a place/gamemode to do so and get rewarded for being good at the game.
    Testing access to this new feature can be given to those that have completed high end fractals/raids as they have experience in the 'Hard content' GW2 has to offer and can ensure it is up to standard difficulty wise.

@Plexxing.2978 said:
    I'd like to have my selected pve mount to remain what I chose in pve rather than switching to Warclaw when I exit wvw.

This is definitely needed. There is a work around you can use until they get this fixed. Bind mount/unmount to specific keys for each mount. You may only need to bind two mounts.... I had already been binding the first 6. Once I bound warclaw it no longer swapped up when going to PVE.

edited July 2, 2019

Can you ( please!!! ) do something about offensive mount abilities and Soulbest's Beast mode?
    Each time when i use offensive dismount, Beastmode disengages. If i use simple dismount, if Beastmode was active before mount use, it reactivates normally.

I am a Soulbeast with my Ranger in Open World PvE, and it's really annoying to always have a cooldown on Beastmode, that appears after using mount attack. I really prefer Open World with Soulbeast while Beastmode always active, less agro from mobs on pet.

p.s. as for Open World PvE you cad add 'automatic activation of beastmode' setting in options ( situations: dismount, offensive dismount, ground-water change, log-in, map change ). There are no ccompetitive sides in Open World PvE anyway.

• VDAC.2137VDAC.2137 Member ✭✭✭

It would be lovely if the Leap of Faith mastery ability transitioned seamlessly to gliding (for those with gliding mastery). Maybe I just don’t have the timing down yet, but I feel that I always lose more height than I should, either transitioning too early or too late. I think that if you haven’t landed after leap of faith that gliding should be activated automatically. I think it’s lovely to have masteries and expansions synergies. :)

• Umadusa.5874Umadusa.5874 Member ✭✭

Dynamic, flashing lifebars!

I remember seeing them on one of the PoF demos prior to release. I believe it was showing off the first part of the story mission, and every time the PC attacked a mob, their lifebar would flash yellow and dissipate according to damage taken. It was such a small change but it REALLY made the hits feel more impactful! Why was this change discarded? I think it would be a great addition. Even if it only showed up on critical hits or something. Especially if you have high ferocity and low precision, it would feel so impactful to see that massive hit flash on the lifebar and dissipate 30% of the mob's health XD.

Are there any plans to implement this feature?

• Holgarf.6581Holgarf.6581 Member ✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Over time, we've seen a lot of good QoL suggestions on the forums. It seems to be it'd be good to have a regular sticky post -- yes, yes, I know, we already have too many stickies! ;) -- so that these can be better seen, added to, commented upon, and so forth.

So here's the official QoL suggestion thread. I will try to merge in previous threads on the topic of Quality of Life, but if you see any I missed, could you please PM me to let me know?

Thanks!

• Early game bug fixes, including those that affect waypoint unlocks when enemies get stuck in walls (Straits of Devastation for example).
    • An option to change cursor size/colour/glow or confirm for us that we are allowed to use a third party option to change our mouse cursor so it is easier to see in the total screen clusterpoop of massive battles.

@Aeon.4583 said:
    Can you ( please!!! ) do something about offensive mount abilities and Soulbest's Beast mode?
    Each time when i use offensive dismount, Beastmode disengages. If i use simple dismount, if Beastmode was active before mount use, it reactivates normally.

I am a Soulbeast with my Ranger in Open World PvE, and it's really annoying to always have a cooldown on Beastmode, that appears after using mount attack. I really prefer Open World with Soulbeast while Beastmode always active, less agro from mobs on pet.

p.s. as for Open World PvE you cad add 'automatic activation of beastmode' setting in options ( situations: dismount, offensive dismount, ground-water change, log-in, map change ). There are no ccompetitive sides in Open World PvE anyway.

There is also an issue of frequent mount/unmount keeping the ranger pet in stowed mode. It also doesn't seem to come up on conflict when stuck like this. I really want to submit a bug report, but when I notice i am already in combat and dropping fast so I cannot screen shot.

Also, elementalist minions (summoned elementals) disappear in mount and do not come back but the skill cool down doesn't adjust. That should be fixed as well.

• Mcintosh.8427Mcintosh.8427 Member ✭✭

Quality of Life and Features wish list:
    1. Guild
    a. Allow guild leaders no restrictions on whispers to guildies. More or better communication options for guild leaders, maybe unlocked through guild ranks?
    b. More music obtainable for guild hall. GW has so much amazing music. MOX was the right direction, more please.
    c. Guild related achievements. Maybe they open new perks/rewards/titles.
    d. New and broader rotations for guild missions. (This IS Guild Wars after all).
    e. Fix the mapping issue where we have to switch maps in the guild hall every time there’s more than 5 people please. I’m sure there’s some roadblock that comes from the map design; just thought I’d mention it.
    f. More Guild hall themes including Racial. Maybe tie it into achievements?
    g. I don’t think guild members should have to own HoT to use the guild vendors.
    h. Add comments feature so GL and officers can make notes.
    i. Add date joined.
    j. Wider variety of symbols for ranks.
    k. More color options for guild emblem.
    2. Crafting
    a. Reconcile the crafting and item ranks, Novice, Master, etc. with the crafting and item levels 125, 175, etc.
    b. More specific sort options (related to problem from item [2a] above). I should be able to sort for levels/ranks.
    c. Improve collapse/expand abilities within the sort function.
    d. More complexity to crafting recipes that include a broader range of materials from different levels.
    e. More crafting achievements.
    3. Achievements
    a. When this feature released, I had already gotten almost everything in core Tyria. The problem as a guild leader, sometimes new players will ask me where to get masteries or certain titles. I have no idea, because no information is retained on the achievement except that it’s complete. Date and rewards earned would be nice. I say that understanding that would be a huge increase on data storage requirements for the game. This is a wish list.
    b. Every armor and weapon set in the game should have an achievement.
    c. Track which paths have been completed for dungeon master achievement.
    d. Allow the rewards shown for next achievement chests to be scrollable so new players can look ahead.
    e. Event completion related achievements and titles by map in core Tyria.
    f. Account meta achievements like: map completion on every race/class?
    4. Dungeons
    a. In addition to explorable add hard mode and insanity modes with achievements and titles.
    b. The above [a] would allow for new dungeon armor/weapon sets. Maybe upgradable; those and the existing sets. Maybe trinket related items like what was done with the rings for unlocking all the gear.
    c. Guild related rewards unlocked by all-guild-groups doing specific dungeons (and/or fractals).
    5. Fractals
    a. Apart from adding guild related titles/rewards and the issue mentioned in [3a]; I love them, don’t change a thing.
    6. PVP
    a. Replace the pie chart with a breakdown by class, character, and stats.
    b. Some bags can’t be opened in the lobby, sort of annoying.
    7. WVW
    a. Please implement the design you’ve been talking about where you’re placed with guildies instead of your server.
    8. Outfits/Wardrobe
    a. Some items like outfits, their color fields don’t make sense or are inconsistent.
    b. Dyable weapons and backpacks?
    9. Wardrobe tab
    a. On hover, show where/how it can be obtained.
    10. Raids
    a. See [3a].
    11. Maps
    a. Lower the Karma price of racial weapon sets and/or [3b].
    b. See [3e].
    12. Jumping puzzles
    a. Issue from [3a].
    b. Add JP frequenter achievement like we have for dungeons. Maybe based on difficulty of the JP.
    13. Currencies
    a. Add currency exchanges for cross expansion/dungeon/fractal currencies for other currencies or even gold/karma (gems?). Could be something unlocked when you complete certain content? A lot of games forget how to reward veteran players and they leave them sitting there with piles of currencies they’ll never use and could be exchanged for something they need.
    14. Story
    a. Add story achievements to personal story.
    15. Cutscenes
    a. Add some means of replaying story conversations/cutscenes outside of having to replay the story? Including the one that plays from when you create your character.

• RobMonty.3719RobMonty.3719 Member ✭✭

Issues that make revenant weak in PvP per my opinion are as follows. The 1 sec shackling wave wind up timer was a mistake. It just takes too long and so many other classes do not have to wait that long for a spell to occur. Why change that? Burst of strength graphic wind up is too slow and seems to waste 1 second of the 5 seconds you get to increased dmg? Why? Rev are weak enough as it is, so many classes are one shot'n us or close to it and yet, were supposed to be high dmg and now other classes are tankier and more dmg like soul beast.. who is actually spending time playing a rev over there to see how its just getting worse. Spell use some spells in glint, if you click them more then twice, they dont even go off, or lag etc.. Like if you spam on the facet of elements 1 time, then twice after it sometimes doesnt work at all as if, if you press it a third time it resets? Then as well in all modes, if you stack on skills like in shiro, if you hit two kinda fast, only one works... then as well with shiro, most of the skills drain almost all of the energy down... what is that all about? We are kinda weak as it is and shiro has become kinda useless when if you jade freeze there is nothing to do after that unless you can switch stance and bomb with another stance. if you cant switch all you can do is auto attack for like 5 seconds until energy is back. Ive posted on this so many times that all the other classes are getting huge buffs and rev just gets weaker, if anything, they need more toughness and vitality as even a good scrapper can kill rev now. Is anyone actually testing what these changes do beyond making sure it doesnt crash the game? Do you actually test these things in combat for awhile to see if its somewhat balanced? Rev is my favorite and its just getting to be so bad as everyone else is getting more powerful, rev changes are just fails, sorry but its true. You should remove the 1 second delay on shackling wave, give more toughness and vitality. Fix energy on shiro and test how the spells drop as again, the skills act funny if you press them spam like. If you press a skill it should go off, even if you tap it 3 times and it takes 2 taps, the 2 should make it happen, not reset it.. This is only part of the problems but its most of the big ones. I cant think of a class that a rev can 1v1 anymore unless everything is done absolutely perfect every single time, dodges included. Tweak the rev and mind my words. Pay attention and test the stuff in PVP against plat players and youll see the weakness.

• Casual Duels . . let us duel each other in PVE areas! Lion's Arch/dome specially where we have to wait for kitten. Players should be able to request a duel 1v1 and be defeated (without being killed) . . like when hp reaches 1, duel is over. I know this from a old chinese MMO called Talisman Online . . it is fun and raises competition!!!!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.