[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas - Page 32 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas

Comments

• Hamfast.8719Hamfast.8719 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2019

There have been requests for a long time now to give us some way to manage our growing mini-pet collections. Nothing has been forthcoming. Could you at least allow us to DELETE some minis from our collections? Force us to type their names if you must as confirmation. But I desperately need to do SOMETHING to reduce the clutter and make it a little easier to locate the ones I'm looking for. Many of my favorites are disappearing off the bottom of the screen. Not to mention, I've got at least a half dozen in my collection that I never intentionally added and don't know how they got there. (I don't care for the "mini people". But somehow, several have found their way into my list over the past year or two).

Please.
    Do.
    SOMETHING.

Build someone a fire, and they'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set someone on fire, and they'll be warm for the rest of their life.
    - Unknown Fire Elementalist

• Please make "Pieces of Unidentified Gear" unsalvagable, its to avoid accidental salvaging and minimize loss, specially since they have a chance to drop rarer gear when opened and the rare and uncommon ones can't seem to be salvaged for rune materials.

• Shep.4026Shep.4026 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2019

My last bag slot is always an invisible silk bag. Depending on how much gear the toon has, it might even be the last two slots. Any containers Anything in general placed in these bags will be ignored by the salvagers.

Edit: pre Lucent Motes and such I used to salvage the blue containers directly. There might still be ppl who prefer doing that, because the amount of greens and therefore potential Charms is limited.

• Tukaram.8256Tukaram.8256 Member ✭✭✭

Salvaging them is about all they are good for. That, or selling them on the trading post.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

Personally I like to look through my inventory before I start salvaging (or selling) anything, so I know what's there and that I definitely want to salvage it. I don't know what I'm looking out for, but that's the point, I don't pay close enough attention to know what's in there so I do a quick check for anything unusual before I get rid of any of it.

I will deposit materials right away, because it clears some space and I know I don't lose them. Then I look through everything else, drop unidentified gear and anything else I want to save into an invisible bag, sell anything I can on the TP and then salvage what's left. If there's enough space I'll open the unidentified gear first, if not I'll do a few rounds of sell, salvage, open to clear it. Then anything I couldn't sell on the TP or salvage goes to a merchant.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

• Zeefa.3915Zeefa.3915 Member ✭✭✭

I am with the other commentors here. I would not want a delete to unlocks. But I would love the option to favorite and/or sort them.

• Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Vayne.8563 said:
    I'd rather have favorites than deletion.

Sounds like a very simple solution.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Vayne.8563 said:
    I'd rather have favorites than deletion. Not sure why you need to delete an unlock if you can favorite them like dyes.

This. Deletion will cause crying and support tickets. All unlocks should be permanent IMHO. Vayne.8563's suggestion sounds like the best solution.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• I actualy like that they are salvagable. I used to have hundereds of bags of gear from raids and I never opened them because it was taking way to long (limited inventory space). Now I open all and salvage all.

• holodoc.5748holodoc.5748 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2019

It's has already been asked a lot before (my own thread) but given the response (or lack of it for that matter) I don't believe a fix is coming anytime soon.

• kratan.4619kratan.4619 Member ✭✭✭

At this point in the game I pretty much just salvage anything because there would be nothing that I can get to improve my gear from drops. The loss from not getting the extra couple yellows, or maybe an exotic, for salvaging really is not much of a loss overall.

• @The people suggesting invisible bags, shared inventory slots. The problem is that when you reach full stacks, it goes into your normal inventory and often you don't notice until you've already salvaged them, and sometimes they've accumulated as you grind chasing through one event after another or other such grind-y reasons.

@The people saying its not a loss: It is a loss, if you can tell me factually how it isn't a loss I welcome you to do so. ;) It is not a huge loss but a loss nonetheless, and maybe you don't care that its a loss but some others do.

I agree that them being salvagable is a good thing, BUT they should at least exclude it from the auto-salvage table at the least to minimize accidental salvaging.

• yann.1946yann.1946 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kratan.4619 said:
    At this point in the game I pretty much just salvage anything because there would be nothing that I can get to improve my gear from drops. The loss from not getting the extra couple yellows, or maybe an exotic, for salvaging really is not much of a loss overall.

You're missing the chence to get a pee then tho.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2019

@yann.1946 said:

@kratan.4619 said:

Chance at Pre right? I very much doubt kratan is missing a chance to go to the bathroom.

• yann.1946yann.1946 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Linken.6345 said:

@yann.1946 said:

@kratan.4619 said:

Chance at Pre right? I very much doubt kratan is missing a chance to go to the bathroom.

Yeah that was a silly autocorrect. :)

• Mewcifer.5198Mewcifer.5198 Member ✭✭✭✭

Green gear only has like a .2% chance to give an exotic. Not worth it imho.

My list of suggestions for GW2
    Max Masteries | 17.5k AP

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

How about no? I just salvage the junk and sell the mats.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@holodoc.5748 said:
    I don't believe a fix is coming anytime soon.

Because there is nothing to fix. This is working as designed.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• zaxziakohl.5243zaxziakohl.5243 Member ✭✭
    edited September 9, 2019

Personally I like the favorites idea. But there is a second option that could be done concurrently that would be great for things you have unlocked but will NEVER want to use. Give us a "hide" option as well as a favorite. Them we can hide everything we hate (like the starter gear skins!) So it doesn't clutter up our options. If you want to see what you've hidden just toggle the show hidden option(that they could add). Great for collection enthusiasts who don't actually want to use everything they collect for achievements.

Note this should be per character. That way you can customize it based on who you play. Maybe your necromancer despises white so you could hide all the white dyes. Or maybe your sylvari won't use anything technological, so you could remove machine based novelties, pets, skins etc from your options to keep in line with your characters backstory more easily. Or maybe to just hate anything brown. Etc.

Aww skritt...I broke it again!

• Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭

@yann.1946 said:

@kratan.4619 said:

You mean the .00001% chance that a Pre will drop from unId'd gear, and almost certainly not a blue, and it probably being even barely registering for greens? As for the OP's problem, if you accidently do this when auto-salvaging...how about just not auto-salvage anymore, problem solved(yes, it takes more work, but if you don't want to auto-salvage un-ID'd gear, then just don't auto-salvage...or don't do so many events and lose track of your drops that the items start ending up in your regular bag. Is it that hard to stop what you're doing and take 10 seconds to salvage a few items(yes, the amount of time is exaggerated, I exaggerated it for a reason...stopping to salvage isn't going to kill you or break the game, just think of it as your character being exhausted from all the work[events] and needing a break to catch their breath).

Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

• Hamfast.8719Hamfast.8719 Member ✭✭✭

Well, yeah. Deletion is drastic and brings probable issues. That's exactly why I suggested it. I'm trying to get ANet to understand that a huge, unsortable collection is a P.R.O.B.L.E.M. (Painful, Really Objectionable, Beyond Laughable, Extreme Mess) for anyone who dares to try and keep things organized. A big enough problem that people begin to suggest stupid things in the hope that ANY action is finally taken.

We've asked for and suggested TONS of options in threads dating way back (some quite simple to implement). This is just one of the many Quality-Of-Life things that they seem content to completely ignore. A QoL update is way overdue. So yeah, it only gets more frustrating and I'm more hesitant all the time to buy new minis.

Build someone a fire, and they'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set someone on fire, and they'll be warm for the rest of their life.
    - Unknown Fire Elementalist

• Taygus.4571Taygus.4571 Member ✭✭✭✭

Is this a troll post?

make a sticky note of your favourite mini's and start using the search function.

This is hardly a major needes q.o.l feature.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

A sorting option would indeed be nice. Sort by collection, by age, by type (monster, character), ...

• holodoc.5748holodoc.5748 Member ✭✭✭

@kharmin.7683 said:

@holodoc.5748 said:
    I don't believe a fix is coming anytime soon.

Because there is nothing to fix. This is working as designed.

If they are working as designed then the design is flawed.

You can check the thread I've linked for detailed explanation why that's the case.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

Perhaps flawed from your point of view.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

Seems to be working fine. Don't you look at your items before you salvage? The unidentified gear is all pretty much junk anyway, so salvaging it before or after opening is pretty much the same.

• Start using an invisible bag as the last bag in your inventory like the rest of us and you'll be fine.
    And always leave 1 piece of unidentified gear in your invisible bag so all new drops stack there.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2019

@Friday.7864 said:
    Start using an invisible bag as the last bag in your inventory like the rest of us and you'll be fine.
    And always leave 1 piece of unidentified gear in your invisible bag so all new drops stack there.

I find 3 shared slots is better then 1 whole bag slot wasted on invisible bag myself.
    Since that work for all my alts at the same time.

• Ol Nik.2518Ol Nik.2518 Member ✭✭✭

I also think that identified gear should not be as easily salvageable as it is now. Shared inventory slots and invisible bags are band-aids and not a solution. A true solution must be automatic to avoid human error as much as possible.

I am not sure I agree that unidentified gear should be changed into another unsalvageable container: There are plenty of people who do not want to bother with identification but want to salvage for mats. I think a compromise such as an automatic deposition into an invisible bag would be better.

@Tukaram.8256 said:
    Seems to be working fine. Don't you look at your items before you salvage? The unidentified gear is all pretty much junk anyway, so salvaging it before or after opening is pretty much the same.

I do not know the latest research data for unidentified gear, but the data posted after the unidentified gear changes (identification was made to be no longer affected by MF) indicated about 20% higher yields after identification. It might not look like a big deal if we are talking about 2-3 pieces, but it becomes a significant sum when you salvage a couple of stacks.

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

I vote no, I salvage all non rares, only open the rares

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • NO WAY NO HOW!
    After a full meta, you could literally have 100's of the un-ID'ed gear of all types. It would be a nightmare salvaging that garbage if I had to ID every stack first. Its already a hassle having to open every bag-like item so I can salvage the junk in them too.

I only bother to open the yellow ones, the others are not worth it. I either salvage them, or sell them on the trading post.
    But... don't people look before they salvage? Accidental salvage is a very rare occurrence for me. How many times have you accidentally done it? There is nothing wrong with them now, just slow down a second and look before you salvage - which is common sense anyway.

• Ol Nik.2518Ol Nik.2518 Member ✭✭✭

@Tukaram.8256 said:
    I only bother to open the yellow ones, the others are not worth it. I either salvage them, or sell them on the trading post.
    But... don't people look before they salvage? Accidental salvage is a very rare occurrence for me. How many times have you accidentally done it? There is nothing wrong with them now, just slow down a second and look before you salvage - which is common sense anyway.

One accidental salvage is already one too much. Moreover, it should not be hard to add a marker to unidentified gear so it automatically sorts into an invisible bag. We do know that similar sorting is not only possible but already implemented in the game (crafter bags, consumables bags, gear bags, etc.)

• A. On the home instance node items, please include a message showing whether or not you have unlocked that particular node for your home instance.

B. Please place a revive-o-tron in each of the lounges (ie. Lily of the Elon in Crystal Oasis) entry point locations so I won't need to rely on the 'kindness of strangers' for a revive haha.

• edited September 14, 2019

Versatility Update for Outfits

When I first started playing, Outfits/Costumes had multiple pieces for the purposes of tighter contained dye-ing, and you could also choose whether to display the outfit's headgear or a different one. This led to really nice combinations, like the Phantom Hood and Witch's Outfit, and greatly contributed to early Aesthetic Pursuits.

I imagine many of the more recent outfits come in one piece for a reason, but it's clear that the head-slots are still separate, since they can be hidden while the rest of the outfit is worn.

A toggle for both the outfit and the outfit headpiece, to allow either the player's normal armor or headpiece to be mixed and matched with the outfit's main armor or headpiece would do great things for Fashion Wars, and (hopefully?) not require an incredible amount of coding.

A longer term goal that would be amazing would be to break individual outfits into areas again, at least for the purpose of dye-ability.

• I don't care for the "mini people"

Lol. It looks like me.
    We should have favorites, like colors.

• @Dark Shadow.3291 said:
    Add an option to hide squad player names

This already exist

• I'm sure this has been suggested many times, and it doesn't affect that many, but I believe its simple and should be fairly easy to do.

Please make Eternity lockable in one form or the other, so that rather than rotating between day and night we can pick which form we want showing all the time.

• If the Living world magazine is going to be a continued method of content release information (and it should). Send players in game mail with a link to the magazine so that more of the player base actually knows it exists. You could even spice up the mail with some lore or allow us to "subscribe" to the magazine by talking to an NPC crier similar to the brew of the month club.

@Doctor.5068 said:
    If the Living world magazine is going to be a continued method of content release information (and it should). Send players in game mail with a link to the magazine so that more of the player base actually knows it exists. You could even spice up the mail with some lore or allow us to "subscribe" to the magazine by talking to an NPC crier similar to the brew of the month club.

Living world magazine? What is this? And where?
    Okay, I googled it and found a pdf on the GW2 site. Looks kind of cool, but also looks like a paper mag scanned in. A bit blurry, and pixelated. Is there a clean digital version somewhere?

• There are so many pages of comments here already that I don't have the time to read through all to see if these things have been said yet or not, but here I go!

I am a leader of a big guild on the EU side and we host guild events and missions every week on multiple days. We have ran into many problems when it comes to the actual built-in guild content, especially Guild Missions and Guild Hall.

The Guild Missions

The Guild Missions are fun and there are quite a few of them, but I don't remember when was the last time that those saw an update?
    The RNG that decides the missions for each week on Monday reset can be really pain in the butt when you get the same missions over and over again. You might get 3x Bounty and 3x Trek missions for a week for example, which seems ridiculous..
    So my QOL suggestion for guild missions is to perhaps get new missions or make the current ones more meaningful and feel less like a chore.

• New Trek Locations
    • New bounty targets / update current target skills or route
    • New races
    • New challenges or tweak the challenges to provide more action and less idle time
    • New puzzle mechanics (it is easy to trap guild members behind in previous rooms/areas currently with big group)
    • Maybe a new level of guild missions for even harder one (extreme missions)

The Guild Hall

The guild halls we currently have are super, great, absolutely fantastic... Especially when you can decorate them how ever you want (with few restrictions).
    But there are problems with the instances. When a big group enters the guild hall at the same time (during missions for example, to use portal), we sometimes end up in 2 different guild hall instances and it't not even the "new instance" click yes or stay thing, but actually on 2 different sub servers. This is annoying if the mission leaders with portal access get into the other instance where the other members are not in...
    My own suggestions for Guild Hall QOL changes are these

• Increase the instance size, so bigger guilds don't have to click YES 100 times before starting content together
    • Add separate Banker NPC instead of having to use the Scribe station for Bank and Materials
    • Add new level(s) for big guilds to have reason to complete missions and gather materials for the guild for new upgrades
      with new guild levels, we could perhaps unlock mystic forge, trading post npc, practice dummies etc. into the guild hall

• Increase the Decoration limit per space to allow more freedom on creating even more beautiful Guild Halls

There are probably more things that I was about to write about and say, but I am currently down with a flu and it is quite early in the morning.. so I am sure I missed something.
    Final notes:
    I would love to see more updates towards Guilds, Guild Missions, Guild Halls and perhaps bring back the GW1 Guild vs Guild ?

• I am requesting, once again, to have "Collapse All" and "Expand All" options for the crafting recipes. It would be so much easier to get to recipe(s) I need if the 5000 other recipes were not visible.

• Balance wvw classes from individual extremely overpowered game broken builds and mass group plays will be even more balance. EX: mesmers thiefs rangers all have stupid builds that can survive outlast escape full partys chasing them on foot due to mechanichs not given any thought to it. No class should be able to do that.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.