[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas - [Merged] - Page 42 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas - [Merged]

Comments

• Please add an option to toggle crosshair during action camera mode.
    Its not needed for relaxed gameplay and is just annoying having dot on your head.

• Add keybind option to mute sound.
    (preferably every sound option should have its own keybind, master audio #1 as well)

• Walk/Run modifier keybind: switches walk/run states while held down

• JETWING.2759JETWING.2759 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2020

Buttons "collapse all" and "expand all" on craft UI

May be buttons or menu options, both functionalities:
    "Collapse All (tabs)" and "Expand All (tabs)".
    Currently when in craft UI, we need colapse or expand one tab at time.
    Could be useful for craft speed and quality of life.
    If no hard to implemente...

• @Vynull.9512 said:
    A QoL addition I'd like to kindly suggest is separate saved dyes for outfits.

Seconded!

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

All very good ideas.

My workaround on the snap to target is to take a moment to try to aoe something and see where the target circle goes. If it doesn't snap, I right click to undo without firing, hit my hotkey toggle, and resume. The thing is I don't undo snap to target very often -- at the moment it's for if I need to heal the Visions tank Right Now and it's on the move so I need to 'lead' it a bit to land the scrap in the right spot -- so this isn't too cumbersome for me. If I was playing my Druid and needing to rapidly swap back and forth for dropping the staff missile barrier between me and my target, it would get very tedious having to double check each time.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't see it in chat, but there is a notification near the bottom of the screen when I swap templates.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Pockethole.5031Pockethole.5031 Member ✭✭✭

Dark forum theme.
    Let one mix wardrobe headpieces with outfits.
    Let one align headpieces around hairstyles so they don't clip.

• beng.7594beng.7594 Member
    edited March 22, 2020

Exactly it can just be a bit annoying sometimes having it on when you want it off and vice versa. Another example is eater of souls where you need to have ground target on when throwing the orbs otherwise they might miss, plenty of times I've messed that up.

The notification is only for builds i believe but yes there is something in place already.

• technonewt.2907technonewt.2907 Member
    edited March 23, 2020

I think it would benefit those who use the mystic forge a lot if there was a bulk forge option. Specifically for crystal, destroyer, corrupted, charged cores, etc. I have a few stacks saved up over the years and forging one at a time becomes tedious

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chat_panel#Status_messages
    Set up tabs containing only the messages you want, then swap between them.

If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

• Jong.5937Jong.5937 Member ✭✭

Don't know if this counts as QoL, but here goes!

The ability to pause boosters, like the birthday booster. Even food would be nice. Some boosters only make sense in one game mode. If you want to play the same character in several game modes it is a shame to be wasting valuable boosters as hop.

• So I wonder if anyone is testing all the changes over the last few months or so (revenant) I mean. Surge of the mists? Its more like self stun of the mists now. No one even gets struck by it, even PVE lame mobs dodge it. Most all skills on glint have some sort of delay or graphic now that causes a delay. Auto attack stops any time you press a skill, causing the skill to malfunction or something, pressing a key that is a double click to get the attack to work does not really work 50% of the time even when you have clicked it 5 times. I mean, do the devs even play the spec enough to see how much lag, delay, straight up slow skill casting that has been put into rev that its almost useless to bother with. Ya might want to just have auto attack cause dmg to rev next, then as usual, you will have completely wrecked it. So many other classes in PvP have instant dmg, no delay, skills do not take seconds to cast and also do not come with some huge sign that says GET READY TO DODGE< here comes my skillfull attack that misses now due to self stuns, long delays to cast spells and so on.. I mean, the only people who fall for it now are people who are not looking. Its just terrible and obvious Devs are not really playing the changes they make. Play Rev for a few days, a few hours and watch how stupid it is now. How is it that even the heal, we rely on incoming dmg for heals yet it almost never fires when you click it. Almost all skills in glint do not work right when you double tap them, its like ya have to spam 50 clicks to make it work, all the while auto attack wont work during this time when other specs all can attack when using the skills. I mean wow, every other class functions with flawless execution on the skills yet rev seems to have added lag, latency problems, plain and simple added stuff to cause skills to not really work right. Play the class for more then (checking if it crashes the server) and you will see the mechanics of revenant are just so lousy now. (the glint lag in skills has always been there and everyone who plays rev for the first time complains) why do the skills not fire when you click them? Everyone knows this is just dumb, all other specs with this type of system work flawlessly.

• Now that we have EOTN instance and a boookshelf for Goldclaw's prose and Stone summit records, can we please also get a bookshelf for all the books that we have accumulated since beta? That would be a great QOL addition.

Almorra (to Bangar): Kiss my hairy A$$!

• Frostfang.5109Frostfang.5109 Member ✭✭✭✭

Plz add a checkbox that makes all crafting materials go sraight into your material storage as long as there is space.

• bobsort.4097bobsort.4097 Member ✭✭✭

@Tawniey.3796 said:
    First, I'd like to agree wholeheartedly to the suggestion of being able to pin characters on the character-select screen. It would solve the issue of characters getting buried unintentionally while swapping, without forcing people into a manual-sort system if they're fond of the one that exists.

I would rather have manual sort than current which sometimes characters move to front and sometimes they are not, and it has to do with keeping character last activity in short datetime format.

More Quality-of-Life Suggestions, by category:

Inventory oversights, and Crafting Tweaks

• Ornate Rusted Keys are a physical item you have to have in your character's inventory when interacting with the sunken chests. Migrating these to the new key storage system in the currency tab would be incredibly useful.

Consistency dictates any new key added to game should by default go to currency tab, I'm not sure why anet forget this sometimes? may be some of developers don't play the game at all?

• A Portal-Tome Anthology gizmo would be a welcome addition. Portal Tomes as they exist are fantastic, but now that there are so many available, I find myself wanting an overarching master-book that I can put my tomes in for a singular multi-level menu (rather than using so many of my shared inventory slots). I'd love to see a vendor in game with this available for purchase.

Totally agree, I rather have a single tome with all portal scrolls even a multi page. also introduce tome with first portal scroll, my last 2 portal scrolls are still in inventory.

• The **Homegrown Flowers ** from the home instance garden-plots (Krytan Spiderwort, Koda's Blossom, etc) don't have a material storage slot yet, which feels like an oversight. I'd love to be able to deposit these to my mat storage and stop having to store them in my bank.

Not that they worth anything, most of the dyes that they can unlock, If I'm not mistaken was unlocked at some point during PoF launch. the rest can be purchased below 10 silver from TP. I would rather these flowers would at least unlock some rare dyes. currently I only plant carrots since they are the most expensive items in TP (1silver and something)

• **At crafting stations, separate plank/ingot/bolt/cured-square refinement into a "Basic Refinement" category.
      Right now, refinement encompasses everything from turning ore into ingots, to crafting Exalted weapon cores. It would make more sense to have the very very basic refinement options have their own drop-down. It would also prevent the frequent (and incredibly frustrating) mistake of accidentally clicking "___ Wood Dowel" instead of "___ Wood Plank" when refining, since they're right next to each other on the list and visually similar sequences of words.

YES, Want this since start when I refined a stack of planks to dowel by mistake.

• Sort Refinement categories at top of crafting station dropdown lists
      Really minor tweak that can make all the difference sometimes. It can be annoying to scroll all the way down alphabetically (past Axes and Consumables and Feasts and Legendary Components etc...) when you're just doing the basic routine task of refining your raw materials.

I like to see all categories collapsed when opening the UI and then I open the one I want to see, currently I can craft about 120 types of glyphs and the first thing I do is collapsing that group (and inscription).

• Guild scribing-mat storage
      Since scribing is pretty guild-related as a profession, it would be awesome to have an area to deposit scribing materials for use by guild scribes. While this would surely need to be one-way deposit without withdraw abilities, you could then have a permissions setting to allow certain ranks to see items in the guild-materials storage as available while representing that guild at the scribing station. This could also house scribing trophies (Arid Dowels, Pristine Feathers, etc)

• Allow deposit of standalone guild banners (like the ones from the world boss events) into guild storage
      The ability to toss ascended food into the guild storage is amazing. I'd love to be able to put in banners I've been awarded personally as well, for use by any guild officer, rather than having them take up my bank/inventory space.

No, Don't want it, I have 5 guilds and I don't want to deposit my mats in different guild by mistake. I rather have mat deposit in my own account.

Guild Management

• **A separate level of guild chat for officers/guild leadership. **
      This is something I've seen well implemented in other games, and it has been fundamental in community moderation. Having a rank permissions-checkbox for "can read and send messages in officer chat" would allow guilds to utilize this feature or choose not to as they feel necessary.

• **Separate permissions settings for allowing a rank to invite members and kick lower-ranked members. **
      I don't really understand why these permissions are tied together in the first place, and I know it's been suggested in singular threads before. Right now, this issue is highly limiting guild functionality, as it hinders recruitment and creates way more distrust than necessary between members (whether its officers having to heavily question who they want to give permission to invite members because kick-permission comes along with it, or members wondering why they aren't trusted to invite others and not realizing that the permissions are linked.

• **Separate Deep Cave treasury permissions from Treasure Trove permissions. **
      As it stands, the vast majority of guild treasury slots (200/250) are tied to the same permissions. Yet, the Deep Cave is already separated as a tab visually (and adds a third coin deposit area). It would be much more helpful and intuitive to have Deep Cave have its own permissions.

Don't care since I never had permission to any of those.

Gemstore and Cosmetics

• A Gemstore Wishlist is something I've heard lots of support for from many people. Not only would this allow for more relevant gifting to and from friends, but being alerted when a watched item comes back to the store would be super helpful (and generate more sales since things won't be missed by people who want to buy them).
      There aren't great third-party ways to manage this. It's much better suited to being a native feature.

• Ability to decline gifted items feels necessary and overlooked. I've known so many people who have told similar stories of having gotten a gift of something they already own from someone who didn't know. That's a waste for the gifter, and it makes people hesitant to gift to others at all in fear of wasting their money giving them a duplicate. The aforementioned wishlist would help with that for sure, but allowing someone to decline a gift/return-to-sender and refund the gifter their spent gems would make gemstore gifting a much better system overall.

Totally agree not that I ever received an in game gift from someone.

Finally, Feedback/Suggestions:
    I know it might seem a bit over the top, but something similar to a trello board for suggestions/feedback threads might prevent redundant suggestions and streamline readability for both devs and those interested in the status of these things! A running list of open/closed ideas that we could +1 or -1 to agree or disagree might allow for more productive conversations on the feedback-oriented forums altogether lol.

Totally agree, I don't even know if anet reads my suggestions or even anyone if I post here. and I don't even know if people like them or hate them. My post from 3 weeks ago is buried here around page 35~36 and you can't even relate replies to posts.

• Gnomeo.1493Gnomeo.1493 Member ✭✭

Bring Tyria to console plz :) (Next-gen incoming)

• Someone suggested this in game, and I'd like to agree with this.

Favoriting Minis

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

This will be a life changing addition: There is some items that are used in crafting, can we add a right click option "Show associated recipe"? (If profession is unlocked of course.)

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI
    ->NEW Asurapedia

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Also, since ascalonian, coastal and palm lumber core are used to make trees by scribes, can the alpine one be used to make pine tree? The Krytan one used for swamp like trees like the ones in godslost swamp? And arid one used to make silverwastes like trees?

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI
    ->NEW Asurapedia

• SoulGuardian.6203SoulGuardian.6203 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2020

A season 3 material/currency exchange vendor.
    For instance, we could exchange 50 Jade Shards for 50 Fire Orchid Blossoms.

Also a spirit shard for tomes of knowledge exchange.
    So just like the current opposite, which is 20 tomes for 1 spiririt shard, we could get 20 tomes for 1 spirit shard.

Please.

Last but not least.
    We could also get BL statuettes in exchange for spirit shards.
    So 1 spirit shard = 1 statuette

Cheers.👍guys.
    Keep up the good work.

• Randin.5701Randin.5701 Member ✭✭

As I'm currently beating my head against the LW S2 achievements in search of mastery points, I had this occur to me. Probably exceeds the scope of QoL, but screw it, I'm tossing it out there:

Each category of masteries has more mastery points available than it actually needs to unlock all the abilities. How about making so that, if you completely unlock all the masteries in a particular category, then any extra points you have left over go into a common pool that can be used on any other mastery category?

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Pleeease give us the guild setting for the "Deep Cave"-guild bank extra ,so we can better organize the bank for all our guild members.

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2020

Also ,can we get PvP-Stats like demolisher, paladin, ...& the backpack-exclusive "captain" stats
    for selection of Legendary Armor, weapons and rings etc? It wouldnt be gamechanging in any way, but would really give legy-stuff more worth.

• WinterSolstice.7829WinterSolstice.7829 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2020

Either a Vote system for Challenge Modes to Forging Steel or the chat to tell who enabled one to squad, to keep people from putting them up to troll groups just trying to do basic runs as they advertised on LFG.

Sometimes they race people in to put them on and you don't think to check. And you won't get the notification that they're on until the NPCs take off.

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2020

Can we get a command line argument we can add to shortcut to increase the number of character slot displayed? up to 20, please? 🙏🙏🙏

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • So it's been bothering me a bit with the Candidate for Khan-Ur achievement giving equivalently nothing at all for the player's hard work. No visible credit to the big episode achievement, no extra AP, no title, no bonus reward, or anything. Just the achievement for completing Forging Steel with all 4 Challenges in place for the run.

In my opinion it would be a good indicator of your qualifications for coordinated based content if there was any other thing to it besides linking say API to someone who took the time to setup a reader piece to someone so they can inspect your achievement qualifications than going by say "link KP and LI", but nobody really does that, so ultimately it's just something done for Imperator ranking achievement.

My other sort of pet-peeve is that in doing the Challenge Modes you don't really get more rewards other than karma and the 1 and done achievements. I wouldn't describe it as a huge issue, but it's rather underwhelming to get less for going through all the trouble.

• Adul.1520Adul.1520 Member ✭✭✭

Please change the permanent merchant and black lion trader contracts to no longer spawn NPCs and instead work instantly like the bank contract does.

• Hey Anet,

I would be very happy if you could implement a better way of organizing your bank tabs. It would be very cool to give single tabs individual names and to choose permanently if they are closed or open. It is pretty annoying to scroll and scroll every time you open your bank and this should be a pretty nice solution for that.

Thanks and best wishes!

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

Why scroll? There is a search function. Just type in what you're looking for.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Like tons of people have already said, we need some sort of "wallet" for all the books from the stories. And voice crystals. OMG would that be nice to free up literally 10 spots in my inventory right now on my main. And it NEEDS to be free, because I think a lot of us would just buy the extra bank space if we could afford it, and put our books there or something. But I know I sure as heck can't afford it.

Also, same thing for all the random gadgets we get from story stuff - Brandstone Multitool, Ley-Infused Lodestone, that kind of stuff. It needs to not be cluttering up the inventory.

The "Sentient" objects you feed bloodstone, emp fragments, etc. to would also be nice to condense somehow. In the same way the Ley Energy Converter hourglass thing is set up, maybe we could have just one item that has different tabs where you can feed them all the different materials.

Thanks

• Dear ArenaNet,

I just finished the "Ruler of the Skies" achievement. To be honest, it felt a little flat and anticlimactic. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the easy volatile magic and the many opportunities to practice steep climbs on my skyscale, but I gotta say it was a bit...meh.

Here's what you can do to spice it up. Let's change the reward a bit. Imagine, if you will, that these rifts have a bit more of a back story to them. Introducing the "Rift Daemon." See, you could tell the players that the rifts are actually occupied by a Rift Daemon (RD). Closing all those rifts ends up with the RD becoming your new friend. Why would this matter? Because having RD on your side would be useful. Here's two ideas on how RD might be useful:

RD could enable node gathering from a longer distance -- or --

(and this is my favorite), RD could move into the player's home instance and take up residence on the shoulder of M.O.X. Why? Because then RD would guide M.O.X. into the daily gathering of your home instance nodes for you, and have it all ready for pickup when you enter the home instance.

Now, I know, I know, this makes you nervous and you're reaching for the ban account button. But, before you do, think about it. First, nobody is getting anything extra. Home instance is still just home instance. As a matter of fact, if you wanted to stipulate that RD get's to keep something as her cut of the deal, then fine. I'm cool with losing a bit of the daily take for a quality of life improvement. Second, I think players (especially casual players) would have more time to actually play your best content rather than using what little time they have to scrape a few coins out of the home instance. Imagine, more time to play and enjoy the game and less time feeling like having a second job.

So, ANet my friends, consider whether adding the "Rift Daemon" as a reward at the end of "Ruler of the Skies" can be done. I hope you give it some thought. Thanks!

• YtseJam.9784YtseJam.9784 Member ✭✭✭

@MikeG.6389 said:
    Sure, why not. I have a personal guild hall and this would give me the opportunity to never leave it for services.

I have to note, though, that the unlockable services in EotN are somewhat insulting, to be honest. There is nothing to unlock that you don't get in a city by default, except here you have to pay for them...

I agree with you, and the gold/currency sink.. sorry but as an achievement hunter and completionist, it hurt me to have to "pay" for this achievement, especially after having all the special access areas like Mystlock Sanctuary, I find it useless. And btw is there no repair station? I haven't been able to find one there or am I finally going blind?

• BunjiKugashira.9754BunjiKugashira.9754 Member ✭✭✭✭

Please give salvaging a slightly bigger over-encumbered buffer than opening bags. Every time I right-click on my bags and select "open all", I have to sell some stuff first before I can salvage everything. This makes especially blue and green unidentified gear bothersome to identify.

Or make it so that unidentified gear gets automatically identified before salvaging. This would also open up 3 slots in my invisible bags.

Bugtracker: Costume Brawl, Sunqua Clouds
    Announcementtracker: Alliances, Legendary Armory

• Shena Fu.5792Shena Fu.5792 Member ✭✭✭

@MarySueLlama.8136 said:
    Like tons of people have already said, we need some sort of "wallet" for all the books from the stories. And voice crystals. OMG would that be nice to free up literally 10 spots in my inventory right now on my main. And it NEEDS to be free, because I think a lot of us would just buy the extra bank space if we could afford it, and put our books there or something. But I know I sure as heck can't afford it.

Thanks

Those lore item should be usable from the achievements panel. Where they're already organized. It's just a matter of making those icons clickable and interactive.

• MikeG.6389MikeG.6389 Member ✭✭✭

I wish that the Krait Obelisk Shard in the home instance just took the 25 Quartz Crystals directly from the bank. I always forget to take them out before I go in for the daily gatherings and then I can't be bothered to reenter.

• Trollocks.5084Trollocks.5084 Member ✭✭✭

You have a problem, Anet: Players using novelties to obscure jumping puzzles. I've been seeing it more and more, lately.

In this picture someone is obscuring a jump in the Tribulation Caverns JP.

I don't know the best way to fix this, but it's happening too much. Maybe an option to turn off other players' novelties? I'm not sure.

• So I've been trying to work into learning a few more support builds, so maybe I could start into Raid content and other things a bit better/more useful-like. An issue I've noticed is that you can't really compare how your build/rotations effects others in group content too well like how you have the test golem to compare how other people's effects/boons effects you to even unrealistic proportions. Like with designated builds, certain bits are more situational than others, and we cannot really compare situations of say healing/ keeping allies alive stuff with a friendly golem taking damage and in what kind of ways/variables/conditions, and I think that alone as a feature would be a big help to test that you're doing what you want to be doing without guinea pigging regular players. would also like a similar alternative to seeing how you can effect ally dps situations and even numbers/placements.

• MikeG.6389MikeG.6389 Member ✭✭✭

The ability to convert Experience Scrolls into Tomes of Knowledge would be a welcome one. Tomes, at least, have uses beyond levelling up a character.

• Yosmo.5306Yosmo.5306 Member ✭✭

what i think would be a great thing to have is for the minis to give a little stat boost so then there would be a reason to have top have them or upgrade them. only in pve tho.

• Underdark.3726Underdark.3726 Member ✭✭✭

33zFL.jpg Can we pls have a new preview window? Like please.

• Dear Anet,

Please allow me to trade for Legendary Divinations with Skirmish Tickets for Coalescence. I really enjoy WvW and its really all that I log in to do anymore after 8 years, but after countless years of raiding in EQ and WoW, I just do not want to do that anymore. I enjoy logging in and doing WvW roaming or zerg, but I really do not want to raid. I do not like any mechanics that force me to a playstyle that I have to find and organize 10 people to do something. I understand why this is, but this is a QoL thread after all.

• jezebel.7054jezebel.7054 Member ✭✭

Hello, I was very excited to create The Moot, to have my own personal disco ball AND dance floor!! I thought the dance floor footfalls would be visible when my char dances, but sadly, no :'( . Can this be done please? And how about having the disco ball appear over the character's head when dancing? PLEASE?

• Thief : Change "Shadow Portal" animation to a green version of Memser's portal animation. Many players don't realize this skill exists. When shadow portal activates, there's very little indication that it's a portal.

Inventory : Allow for the Permanent inventory slots to be floating. They would stay at the top while you scroll your inventory.

Inventory : An option to Deposit all Stackable items into your bank: For any non-full stack of items in your bank , try to fill with items from your inventory.

Trading Post : Filter by un/locked skins.
    Trading Post : Filter by un/locked dyes.

• Solvar.7953Solvar.7953 Member ✭✭✭

While it would be nice to filter by locked/unlocked in the TP, sites like https://immortius.net.au/wardrobe-unlock-analyser will let you do some of that analysis. I used the analyse tab to see what cheap unlocks I did not have, since I wouldn't want to waste a guarantee wardrobe unlock for something that I could have bought for 5 silver.

• Oogabooga.3812Oogabooga.3812 Member ✭✭✭

I don’t know if this has been suggested already, but can we get a Repeat Recipe button for the Mystic Forge? I will occasionally upgrade materials and clicking 9 times for one recipe every single time is physically giving me carpal tunnel syndrome.

• Ferayon.5482Ferayon.5482 Member ✭✭

Is there any option to add those bubbles and boosts pads on guild halls beetle races to make beetle race more fun? =)