Renegade shortbow and the UI bug

Nephalem.8921

They finally fixed the UI bug and shortbow feels clunky as hell again. Why can't the focus point for sevenshot be aimed at all?

I don't play a lot spvp so i really want to know if the only reason it's still like it is because condi shortbow renegade is super strong there.Going ranged for sevenshot just to go melee again for the rest of the kit feels really clunky in pve at least.Or maybe does anyone actually enjoy the way it currently is? Sevenshot is only good vs really big targets now or when in the perfect ranged spot. Being in the perfect ranged spot is always bad for pve at least and probably not great in pvp aswell.

In my testing, even on the medium golem target, the shortbow/mace/axe rotation is still the same or higher than just mace/axe rotation, so I don't mind it. It only gets better the bigger the enemy which is nice. Also in open world pve its super easy to hit sevenshot and annihilate mobs even on incredibly small targets after practicing with it for a bit. I still prefer it over Echoing Eruption, even at somewhat close range. Shortbow still is meh in pvp/wvw though and sevenshot doesn't really perform well there at all

It's worth noting that you only need to hit about 1 to 2 of the shots for it to be better than the autoattack in terms of damage

They should remake Sevenshot into a less damaging skill but with either a evade move (like Ranger's Quick Shot) or a gap closer or some kind of block or blind or projectile destruction skill. The current damage the skill provides is unnecesary vs normal sized targets and the utter lack of defensive/mobility tools hurts its use in PvP/wVw.

@Funky.4861 said:@op: check your control settings- i can aim sevenshot very easily and swing it around with gay abandon so that the point is exactly where i want it. I can't remember which settings i have, but 'fast with range indicator' is one of them.

I think he's talking about aiming the convergence point. As it is now you can swing it around 360 degrees but the spot where all the arrows converge (the most damaging spot) is always 900 range

All the shortbow skills are 900 range; i didn't think that was the problem as the op specifically mentioned aiming. Something that caught me out when renegade was new was the short delay between releasing the skill button and the skill firing. You have to aim for where you think your target will be in about 1/2 a seconds' time (assuming it's moving) unless it's immobilised somehow.

The skill makes a decent opener in PvE against mobs that haven't aggroed yet, but is utterly worthless against anything moving, and is far more clunky than a GW2 skill should be. Plenty of room for improvement.

Perhaps just have the arrows converge on the selected target instead?

Archived