Soul Reaping, Gluttony, Bug

Yes I have noticed the same as well. I have created the same situations while i gain life force in and out of combat and sometimes I get the might, other times I dont. It's very inconsistent and I have never been able to reproduce reliable results regardless of no variables .

@X T D.6458 said:Can confirm its bugged, can easily check it in pvp lobby with the golem army.

Yup. Let's get this more attention so they can fix it. It's actually a pretty big deal with soul reaping as this trait helps bridge the gap between the sustain of blood and soul reaping which is a pretty massive gap

@Jalal.6783 said:

@X T D.6458 said:Can confirm its bugged, can easily check it in pvp lobby with the golem army.

Yup. Let's get this more attention so they can fix it. It's actually a pretty big deal with soul reaping as this trait helps bridge the gap between the sustain of blood and soul reaping which is a pretty massive gap

This change buffed my wvw build, so I definitely would like to see it fixed.

Heh I bet it was left like this because someone realized it can not be allowed to work without some more restrictions.

Getting life force gives you might.Gain life force when you apply a boon to yourself or "Getting might gives you life force".

So getting life force gives you might which gives you life force which gives you might which ... RIP servers.

Yes, we have already discussed in the necro forum that this trait could cause an endless loop with blighter's boon.

The simple solution would be that every skill and trait does only proc one might per usage. If the logic behind this is too difficult to program, then they should simply add an ICD to fix it, but remove that "only once per weapon-swap / combat" nonsense.

@"KrHome.1920" said:Yes, we have already discussed in the necro forum that this trait could cause an endless loop with blighter's boon.

The simple solution would be that every skill and trait does only proc one might per usage. If the logic behind this is too difficult to program, then they should simply add an ICD to fix it, but remove that "only once per weapon-swap / combat" nonsense.

Agreed 100%. The tooltip is clear but the way is functions is not. Clarify how it functions

if you loot closely, all 3 hits of the greatsword combo for reaper grant life force, but do not give might every time

a lot of abilities grant life force but also largely do not grant might when granting life force

also gaining life force even when at max life force, such as creatures dying near you, does not grant might

it says it was reworked but doesn't seem to really work as it says

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just keep coming back to this bug and am amazed that it is getting no traction or recognition at all. We even had a balance patch and it is still bugged, still not recognized as even known. How is nobody even paying attention to us anymore? It's been over a month and no word. Nothing. I just went into the Special Forces Training area so I could test the bug in a controlled environment. From what I can tell, Gluttony is almost completely non-functioning. Starting with 0% lifeforce, I gained might 1 time using my greatsword abilities, TOTAL. The greatsword auto attack chain gave me might, and after that single instance of might-gain, I was not gaining any might from any other life-force generation skill unless I weapon-swapped. If I weapon-swap, same deal, gain might one time, and nothing else. A few notes I have personally made about this issue.

Note #1: The application of might from the trait is currently giving 2 stacks of might instead of the listed 1 stack in the trait.Note #2: The application of might from the trait will occur twice upon first entering combat if you use certain utility skills that grants lifeforce first. In my testing, Spectral Grasp could be used in this way to gain might, followed by a weapon skill to grant might a second time. Trying this combination with other skills did not have the same results (I tried with Shadow Fiend and Well of Corruption and only got the initial might gain and nothing from the weapons, or the utilities used thereafter ever again). Also it must happen in that order. Using a Greatsword skill that gives might, and then Spectral grasp does not produce this result.Note #3: Switching weapon skills 'resets' Gluttony for the most part, although Note #2 no longer applies when this happens, and only one addition generation of might occurs.

As it stands, I should be generating 1 might every auto-attack of the greatsword, and instead I can start the auto chain and afk and I will only receive Might 1 time from Glutton forever. This is extremely broken, can we please get a word on this being looked at? @Gaile Gray.6029 @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 @Anyone who will listen.

Archived