new patch for wvw

Sovereign.1093

be civil. discus

felt like an over all buff on all toons, except engi.

tested but cant generalizs

fb is still the pillar. moving for more support roles now as loot stick is boom stick.

rev jalis is improved a whole lot. centaur was nerfed though.

your resistance healer.

warrior bubbles still there for use.

weaver still damage but.more damagy if with ranger buff.

scourge is still fine. blue barriers.

engi nerfed a bit in general.

mesmer buffed as per wepon.

these prelim findings still need more tests.

what you test?

It's a good thing they made it so a bunch of the novelties don't work in WvW :( like the new throne :( If it doesn't work in a specific game type - ADVERTISE IT. I mostly play WvW - spent 600 Gems on something that is disabled there without any advertisement of that fact. GG Anet. GG. (Btw, it DOES work in pvp lobby - everywhere BUT WvW)

@Handin.4032 said:It's a good thing they made it so a bunch of the novelties don't work in WvW :( like the new throne :( If it doesn't work in a specific game type - ADVERTISE IT. I mostly play WvW - spent 600 Gems on something that is disabled there without any advertisement of that fact. GG Anet. GG. (Btw, it DOES work in pvp lobby - everywhere BUT WvW)

Sorry you can't BM with a chair?

@Turk.5460 said:

@Handin.4032 said:It's a good thing they made it so a bunch of the novelties don't work in WvW :( like the new throne :( If it doesn't work in a specific game type - ADVERTISE IT. I mostly play WvW - spent 600 Gems on something that is disabled there without any advertisement of that fact. GG Anet. GG. (Btw, it DOES work in pvp lobby - everywhere BUT WvW)

Who said anything about BM? I thought it looked cool, like something I could use during quick breaks, etc in WvW and there was no advertised on the gem store or in the patch notes that it was not usable in WvW. I was not aware that using anything other than skills and food was BM!

Also, the new balloon doesn't work - others do. They're selling this one for $$/gems. They should be clear when selling items what does and doesn't work in game modes. Why they don't allow certain items like these (with no skills - just transformations like tonics) to work and others not is sometimes totally random for WvW.

@Turk.5460 said:

@"Handin.4032" said:It's a good thing they made it so a bunch of the novelties don't work in WvW :( like the new throne :( If it doesn't work in a specific game type - ADVERTISE IT. I mostly play WvW - spent 600 Gems on something that is disabled there without any advertisement of that fact. GG Anet. GG. (Btw, it DOES work in pvp lobby - everywhere BUT WvW)

Just so I'm clear, this "BM" means something other than my vet asking if my dog had a BM that morning?

I tested my Mirage and Staff Tempest.

Didn't noticed a big shift in my home spun Mesmer build so I think it's still good, but I'll try more next week.

I actually had a fun 10 minutes on the Tempest though, I'd kind of given up hope, but I may have to dusk her off for zerg support depending on how Friday goes.

Then I did SW with my viper reaper, she seemed to do worse today than yesterday, so I probably need to look at a few things.

I don't see an engi nerv, either. There is also no buff... rifle4 is now a feature instead of a bug.Healscrappers don't use any of the used skills. ALso, only Holosmiths that completely trust their zergs (or evasion skills) are running explosives with orbital command...

Also, "scourge is fine" ?^^ They and reaper got massivly buffed. This is either going to be nerved again in the next couple weeks or the next step to a new power creep.

Heal-revs are better now, as far as I can tell, but I still trust heal-scrappers more with their condition removal. A healscrapper is enough for 15 people and can counter condi scourges. A heal-rev is either on ventari for heal and condi-clear (3 per 8s on 9, 3 on F2 per 20s?), which is not enough with the current condi-spam... or on mallix (if not glint) where it kills itself the moment resistance is corrupted.But maybe we will see more power-herolds now again. ^^

But if healrev is now against my expectations the new healer, engineers can go back to holosmith with anticorrosion plating and have with EG, medikit and hardlight-arena, shield (+overshield), dura-runes and thumper turret (+experimental turrets) again massive (>double as heal scrapper) condiclear.

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:I don't see an engi nerv, either. There is also no buff... rifle4 is now a feature instead of a bug.Healscrappers don't use any of the used skills. ALso, only Holosmiths that completely trust their zergs (or evasion skills) are running explosives with orbital command...

Heal scrappers do use Blast Gyro, with the change it does way less damage now as it is stat based. It was mostly used for tool belt super speed and lightning field on detonation though. It also CC's so it is still usable, just less damage for heal scrapper build.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@"Handin.4032" said:It's a good thing they made it so a bunch of the novelties don't work in WvW :( like the new throne :( If it doesn't work in a specific game type - ADVERTISE IT. I mostly play WvW - spent 600 Gems on something that is disabled there without any advertisement of that fact. GG Anet. GG. (Btw, it DOES work in pvp lobby - everywhere BUT WvW)

Just so I'm clear, this "BM" means something other than my vet asking if my dog had a BM that morning?

BM = Bad ManneredExamples: throwing shame rams, laughing, dancing, PM'ing them calling them trash, taking the mariner horn and playing taps on their corpse, etc.

@Tehologist.5841 said:

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:I don't see an engi nerv, either. There is also no buff... rifle4 is now a feature instead of a bug.Healscrappers don't use any of the used skills. ALso, only Holosmiths that completely trust their zergs (or evasion skills) are running explosives with orbital command...

Heal scrappers do use Blast Gyro, with the change it does way less damage now as it is stat based. It was mostly used for tool belt super speed and lightning field on detonation though. It also CC's so it is still usable, just less damage for heal scrapper build.

Meh not really. The blast gyro has always been unreliable crap. Running eg+purge+bulwark is better.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Meh not really. The blast gyro has always been unreliable crap. Running eg+purge+bulwark is better.

Who cares if it is unreliable, has a low cool down so you can pop it for stability and blow it up immediately for super speed (Final Salvo) which gives AoE healing from HDF. The toolkit is also super speed with stun break.

@Tehologist.5841, @Dawdler.8521Of course, I run blast gyro as a heal scrapper, too.However, I run it for the superspeed, exploding it immediately. The damage and knockback are nice in principle and you could use it to clear necro signs... but usually it is CCed too much or it is destroyed before reaching any enemy. Then the superspeed is misplaced and useless. When detonating it by hand immediately you get the superspeed pulsing lightning field inside your zerg.That said, the change in damage doesn't touch heal-scrapper at all in my opinion.

I liked purge gyro much more before realizing that it does not remove 2 conditions from 5 allies every 3s, but only 1 condition from 1 ally.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:BM = Bad ManneredExamples: throwing shame rams, laughing, dancing, PM'ing them calling them trash, taking the mariner horn and playing taps on their corpse, etc.I thought the point of throwing rams was to prevent stealth resurrections. With the sheer amount of stealth out there, I throw siege on someone if I find their corpse hasn't disappeared in a timely fashion.

Archived