Q: Devouring Darkness

Zero.3871

It's kinda broken OP right now.Once people realize and it becomes standard use then having a boon will be a novelty.Time to stack scrappers so we can cycle between boons and condis as the compete to corrupt and convert more than each other.

Also it has no LoS so it ruins seige with ease.

@Fizzee.1762 said:Time to stack scrappers so we can cycle between boons and condis as the compete to corrupt and convert more than each other.

Or conversion holos. With anticorrosion plating, dura-runes, overshield and hard light arena (+medi kit, +EG) you can double the condi cleanse compared to healscrapper while dealing good damage and CC. Also 7 blast finisher in 1 build with 2 light fields.Will healing come from new healrevs? ^^

Then next we get a warrior bubble like skill that prevents the application of conditions...And in return, all boon and condition output will be doubled in stacks and duration...For balance reasons!

This skill at least sounds like another step in the condi/boon/corrupt spam creep direction.

@Fizzee.1762 said:It's kinda broken OP right now.Once people realize and it becomes standard use then having a boon will be a novelty.Time to stack scrappers so we can cycle between boons and condis as the compete to corrupt and convert more than each other.

Also it has no LoS so it ruins seige with ease.

like ele do since…..EVER? or engi with mortar? dont see the Problem here, other classes destroy siege way faster than necros on scepter 3...

Nope, ele skills require los. Granted meteor CAN hit quite far back on a wall it's RNG.Scepter 3 hits anything it can target.

Plus a group typically has 4-5 eles but 20+ scourge.

Now, idgaf about it wrecking seige as I hate seige fights, but it's still stupid that it hits without LoS on top of the fact it's just broken OP in WvW. PvE is fine, but FFS Anet, split the skill in WvW and nerf it hard there.

@Fizzee.1762 said:Nope, ele skills require los. Granted meteor CAN hit quite far back on a wall it's RNG.Scepter 3 hits anything it can target.

Now, idgaf about it wrecking seige as I hate seige fights, but it's still stupid that it hits without LoS on top of the fact it's just broken OP in WvW. PvE is fine, but kitten Anet, split the skill in WvW and nerf it hard there.

Well as still main necro i asure you that if i see siege I instantly swap to scepter because it is the fastest way how to destroy lot of sieges #Kappa

I get it in Zerg vs Zerg its strong but on sieges nah it only regenerate more LF not that dmg sieges have 0 boons

I don't think you quite get what I'm saying...It doesn't need LoS.Therefore, that cata behind the gate? Yup you can kill it, the treb on the supply hut hitting ne tower? Yup it's dying, acs outside lord room of bay? No need to go upstairs for that.

No LoS means it's wrecks seige which nothing else can touch.

@"Fizzee.1762" said:Nope, ele skills require los. Granted meteor CAN hit quite far back on a wall it's RNG.Scepter 3 hits anything it can target.

It does? From what I remember it always needs Los to one target. You couldn't cast it if enemy wasn't standing on the edge of the wall.

That's how the single target spell worked(works?) Sure the "explosion" or better to say the are effect afterwards doesn't need Los that would be kinda stupid

Now, idgaf about it wrecking seige as I hate seige fights, but it's still stupid that it hits without LoS on top of the fact it's just broken OP in WvW. PvE is fine, but kitten Anet, split the skill in WvW and nerf it hard there.

@Nimon.7840 said:

@"Fizzee.1762" said:Nope, ele skills require los. Granted meteor CAN hit quite far back on a wall it's RNG.Scepter 3 hits anything it can target.

It does? From what I remember it always needs Los to one target. You couldn't cast it if enemy wasn't standing on the edge of the wall.

That's how the single target spell worked(works?) Sure the "explosion" or better to say the are effect afterwards doesn't need Los that would be kinda stupid

since this patch you dont need line of sight. are you a rev with boons activated behind a wall? i guess i'll oneshot you with scepter 3

@LINKAZZATORE.8135 said:

since this patch you dont need line of sight. are you a rev with boons activated behind a wall? i guess i'll oneshot you with scepter 3

it seems you dont know what oneshot means. scepter 3 isnt a oneshot skill in any case. maximum are 5 stacks of torment that tick with ~1000 dmg per second...even if you corrupt vigor to 3 stacks of bleeding you are far away from oneshooting someone. so plz dont hyperbole. and since siege dont have boons or condis, scepter 3 dont apply anything to siege except its low power dmg value. maximum is combining it with torch 5. but even than you get mostly just 4-5 stacks of torment with both skills together on siege. and since siege is also not moving torment dont really hit hard.

but yeah, even 10 necros Need ~10 minutes to kill just 1 treb behind a wall is absolutely OP...

@Zero.3871 said:

it seems you dont know what oneshot means. scepter 3 isnt a oneshot skill in any case. maximum are 5 stacks of torment that tick with ~1000 dmg per second...even if you corrupt vigor to 3 stacks of bleeding you are far away from oneshooting someone. so plz dont hyperbole. and since siege dont have boons or condis, scepter 3 dont apply anything to siege except its low power dmg value. maximum is combining it with torch 5. but even than you get mostly just 4-5 stacks of torment with both kills together on siege. and since siege is also not moving torment dont really hit hard.

but yeah, even 10 necros Need ~10 minutes to kill just 1 treb behind a wall is absolutely OP...

You're using logic here, and that can't stand.

@LINKAZZATORE.8135 said:

Ok. That's really annoying. Even though it would be a nerf, I'd like to have it work properly with Los again

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:

@Fizzee.1762 said:Time to stack scrappers so we can cycle between boons and condis as the compete to corrupt and convert more than each other.

Or conversion holos. With anticorrosion plating, dura-runes, overshield and hard light arena (+medi kit, +EG) you can double the condi cleanse compared to healscrapper while dealing good damage and CC. Also 7 blast finisher in 1 build with 2 light fields.Will healing come from new healrevs? ^^

Then next we get a warrior bubble like skill that prevents the application of conditions...And in return, all boon and condition output will be doubled in stacks and duration...For balance reasons!

This skill at least sounds like another step in the condi/boon/corrupt spam creep direction.

Now I know why I've been hating fighting scourges. I get all my boons corrupted constantly, and it's infuriating. I main engineer, but I'm trying to get gear for my scourge; trailblazer gear isn't cheap.

@archmagus.7249 said:

Now I know why I've been hating fighting scourges. I get all my boons corrupted constantly, and it's infuriating. I main engineer, but I'm trying to get gear for my scourge; trailblazer gear isn't cheap.

Well. Tbh. Most classes have way more boonspam than scourge can corrupt. You corrupt, they just can use the low cd boon application skill and have their boons back.

Necro can't do the same thing and as it has literally no defenses, it's defense is that it tries to take away other classes have

@Nimon.7840 said:

Well. Tbh. Most classes have way more boonspam than scourge can corrupt. You corrupt, they just can use the low cd boon application skill and have their boons back.

Necro can't do the same thing and as it has literally no defenses, it's defense is that it tries to take away other classes have

From the non-scourges I've seen in wvw all they do is try to boonstrip you and between shroud and their health, they're meatsacks.

Archived