Please add the Dragon Emblem Outfit

@Loosmaster.8263 said:How is not having an outfit a disadvantage? Are we talking AP's here?

Disadvantage in that we have no method to acquire it. We can't buy it, we can't acquire it as a reward, etc. The only people who got it happened to be in the right place at the right time. Not everyone who plays the game can attend GW2 related real world events or have time to watch specific live streams. GW2 is as much about content and item unlocks as it is about playing the story or going killing stuff.

The Dragon Emblem shirt was an item only given out to people who managed to get them right around launch. They’re fairly exclusive and I’m not sure that ANet would like to hand them out again and anger the people who got the shirts back then. However possibly they could make a one similar to the original dragon shirt but not identical. That way people can have a Dragon shirt in game and the people who have the 2012 ingame shirt still have an exclusive item.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:The Dragon Emblem shirt was an item only given out to people who managed to get them right around launch. They’re fairly exclusive and I’m not sure that ANet would like to hand them out again and anger the people who got the shirts back then. However possibly they could make a one similar to the original dragon shirt but not identical. That way people can have a Dragon shirt in game and the people who have the 2012 ingame shirt still have an exclusive item.

Even if it did make a few of them angry the game is 6 years old. Having an item for the first 6 years of the game is exclusive enough. Is any of them even playing the game anymore. I've never seen a single player with it.

Bringing out new versions would be nice also but still I can't see any valid reason to keep the original locked away from the general player base.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:The Dragon Emblem shirt was an item only given out to people who managed to get them right around launch. They’re fairly exclusive and I’m not sure that ANet would like to hand them out again and anger the people who got the shirts back then. However possibly they could make a one similar to the original dragon shirt but not identical. That way people can have a Dragon shirt in game and the people who have the 2012 ingame shirt still have an exclusive item.

Even if it did make a few of them angry the game is 6 years old. Having an item for the first 6 years of the game is exclusive enough. Is any of them even playing the game anymore. I've never seen a single player with it.

Bringing out new versions would be nice also but still I can't see any valid reason to keep the original locked away from the general player base.

Generally businesses don’t reissue time sensitive exclusive items As far as I know they didn’t reissue exclusive minipets in Guild Wars 1 and minipets were a big deal in that game. So I’m not expecting them to do it in this case, no matter how few people who have the Dragon shirt and still play. I think it would be far better and more likely to get results if players ask for a similar item as reissuing time sensitive exclusive items can make a company look like it’s going back on a promise to those people that this item was only for this time.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Loosmaster.8263 said:How is not having an outfit a disadvantage? Are we talking AP's here?

completionism

Lol. Are you telling me there is score for this now?

Its more of a personal thing. I want to have every skin in the game i can possibly earn, some people want to have
everything
in the game unlocked.

This.

Implementing something similar would be a good compromise. But I can still understand the people who want the dragon shirt. To be honest, new players often get the middle finger anyway since there are enough rewards for people who are playing GW2 from the beginning (birthday-presents with fairly good-looking costumes - people don't even have to play actively for these), AP-rewards (daily AP - 15k in total - make up a huge portion), disadvantages in fractal- and raid-content through the KP/LI-system, the permanent loss of LWS1, etc. pp.

One thing a lawyer might comment on if they’re reading this thread, are there legal issues when a company has a limited giveaway of an exclusive item tied to a specific event and time and later has a mass selling of the same item? I have no idea what laws might be for time sensitive giveaways of exclusive items but there may well be legal restrictions on selling it later.

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

Generally businesses don’t reissue time sensitive exclusive items As far as I know they didn’t reissue exclusive minipets in Guild Wars 1 and minipets were a big deal in that game. So I’m not expecting them to do it in this case, no matter how few people who have the Dragon shirt and still play. I think it would be far better and more likely to get results if players ask for a similar item as reissuing time sensitive exclusive items can make a company look like it’s going back on a promise to those people that this item was only for this time.

I really don't think game codes handed out at some random event is going to qualify as a promise. I got an exclusive PoF weapon skin with my "pre-purchased" of PoF yet the same skin was freely available to anyone who unlocked it from a weapon drop or salvaged the drop. Is it ok for them to do it for some and not others? Ok for freebies given at a random event but not for paying players? Your justification is invalid since they are doing it for some but not others.

Exactly. While I would love to own that outfit myself, I can see how this is a super prestigeous thing to own, and I believe all current owners would be very displeased if it became available for everyone to purchase.

I'd rather have ANet take care of the completely messed up dye channels for those town clothing outfits.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

I really don't think game codes handed out at some random event is going to qualify as a promise. I got an exclusive PoF weapon skin with my "pre-purchased" of PoF yet the same skin was freely available to anyone who unlocked it from a weapon drop or salvaged the drop. Is it ok for them to do it for some and not others? Ok for freebies given at a random event but not for paying players? Your justification is invalid since they are doing it for some but not others.

You didn’t get an “exclusive” PoF weapon skin. It was a bonus item but not exclusive as it was a weapon from the ingame Sunspear Weapon set and it told you that at purchase. .

sourceThe Spearmarshal’s Gift A special gift from an anonymous source in Elona who hopes to find you a useful ally. Signed simply, “A friend.” Use this to choose one weapon skin from the Sunspear weapon set.

The exclusive item was the Mini Rogue Balthazar, which is listed as only available from prepurchase of PoF and there was an exclusive title, Elonian Envoy. Now if these 2 items are available or become available by other means than the PoF prepurchase then you have a point.

On September 1, 2012, my boyfriend and I drove two hours to Austin, Texas, to the GameStop where ANet was hosting their launch event. We got there two hours before the event was supposed to start, because I was worried the line to get in would be so long that it would end before we could get in. We brought our paperback copies of the two GW2 novels that were out at the time, and I wore my Geek Jeans. It was incredible. Devs autographed a GW2 poster and our books. I showed them the Ele symbol I had added to my Geek Jeans in honor of GW2. We drove the two hours home and used our codes to get our special outfits.

bvxKFzq.jpg

My boyfriend is now my husband of five years, and we still play GW2 and love wearing our GW2 shirt outfits.

And yeah, the shirt is something special that not many people have. But for me, the specialness really comes from that trip and those memories. Sharing snacks in the car. Getting lost on the way to the GameStop. Standing in line for forever. Having one dev get another dev's attention to point out how cool my Geek Jeans are. Holding hands with my love on the way home while discussing our next goals in GW2.

If other people would like a way to get the GW2 shirt in game, it really doesn't bother me. I don't need a way to signal to everyone in game that I'm somehow different/special/whatever. No matter how many people have the item, I'll always have those awesome memories, and that's the important part to me. <3

@"Jevati.4328" said:On September 1, 2012, my boyfriend and I drove two hours to Austin, Texas, to the GameStop where ANet was hosting their launch event. We got there two hours before the event was supposed to start, because I was worried the line to get in would be so long that it would end before we could get in. We brought our paperback copies of the two GW2 novels that were out at the time, and I wore my Geek Jeans. It was incredible. Devs autographed a GW2 poster and our books. I showed them the Ele symbol I had added to my Geek Jeans in honor of GW2. We drove the two hours home and used our codes to get our special outfits.

bvxKFzq.jpg

My boyfriend is now my husband of five years, and we still play GW2 and love wearing our GW2 shirt outfits.

And yeah, the shirt is something special that not many people have. But for me, the specialness really comes from that trip and those memories. Sharing snacks in the car. Getting lost on the way to the GameStop. Standing in line for forever. Having one dev get another dev's attention to point out how cool my Geek Jeans are. Holding hands with my love on the way home while discussing our next goals in GW2.

This is exactly why not everyone should have this item. Regardless of the following comment of ....

If other people would like a way to get the GW2 shirt in game, it really doesn't bother me. I don't need a way to signal to everyone in game that I'm somehow different/special/whatever. No matter how many people have the item, I'll always have those awesome memories, and that's the important part to me. <3

I think the people who have the codes for these items are lucky af ... but I dont think Anet should compensate the rest of us by making it available in outfit form or otherwise. Sorry OP I disagree with this entirely.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

But all mini pets in GW1 were tradable (even after they were dedicated in the Hall of Monuments, you just couldn't dedicate them if someone else had done it). I have numerous event exclusive GW1 mini pets from events I never attended, including some which happened before I got the game. Several of them were also added to the 7th year birthday gifts.

It's kind of the same with the dragon t-shirt because they were given out as a code to add to your account and there was absolutely nothing stopping people from selling or giving away those codes. There were quite a few on ebay, for months after release, although they're much less common now. So a lot of those shirts are already in the hands of people who didn't attend the events they were given out at, as I understand it that means any idea of exclusivity is long gone, or never existed.

It's not directly relevant for me since I don't have it and don't want it, but if the reason for not re-releasing it is because only people who attended the events where it was given out should have it then the system has been flawed since the start and I don't see how making them available again would do any more harm.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:It puts nearly every player at a disadvantage because we have no way to acquire it.If you believe that this cosmetic-only tshirt constitutes an advantage you are going to have a very rough ride in this game.

Well, it actually does for your personal gameplay and towards the community. This game isn't also called fashion wars without reason. There's no kind of progression-system besides fashion. So yeah, cosmetics are an advantage in a game which is mostly about cosmetics.

Archived