We Need More MOVING BOATS!

Hamfast.8719

The moving tour boat at the Labyrinthine Cliffs was a great relaxation / congregational / scenic addition to this years' Four Winds Festival. I really wish we could visit year 'round!

There are only a few other places in the game where you could add something similar. Suggestions:

• The big round PARTY BARGE in the Bay of Elon should really be set adrift to wander slowly around the area. Allow us to SIT in the lounge chairs. Add a special Party Barge themed Box O' Fun that anyone can use for 5 minutes for 1 silver piece.
  • Bloodtide Coast is full of pirates and big wurms, but it also has one of the prettier underwater realms in Tyria just chock full of fish. I think you could set up some GLASS BOTTOMED BOATS that followed a course free of interference from the hazards of the area.
  • MAYBE you could arrange a 3 hour tour in Southsun Cove? (It's a pretty dangerous area though... it would take some careful planning to keep the vessel from coming under attack).
  • It's a bit on the chilly side, but there's plenty of sailing room up in Frostgorge Sound as well. Alaskan cruises are popular. Maybe some sort of trapshooting activity off the stern?

The addition of special FISHING CHAIRS would be a cool addition to any of these boat rides. Whether we actually have some control over our fishing, or if it is strictly passive doesn't matter to me. It's the immersion factor I like. Heck... many people would probably be thrilled to cough up a silver piece for the privilege of drowning some worms if you think you need some more gold sinks.

What do you think?

Sandswept Isles? Sandswept Isles? I'll be looking for that!

Now that we're getting chairs for the masses, maybe we could get a fisherman's seat that we could plop down and throw out a line if we're near enough to a body of water? Maybe I could catch a nice trophy to mount on the wall of the ol' Guild Hall...

@Radjan Majere.4208 said:To the OP's title comment - Seconded. Discovering the boat on accident and riding it around was one of my more fond memories of this year's event. They don't need to be everywhere, mind you, or they'd stop being special when you stumble upon them. Definitely going the look for the Sandswept Isles one now.

Well, of course more moving boats shouldn't be 'everywhere', as that would a bit exaggerate, but considering the amount of open water there is in the game, yea, more moving boats would be awesome for players to hop on for leisure travel.

I had the feeling that Lions Arch needs more boats. I mean it is the biggest harbour in tyria and has not one ship. Just think about it, a galeon slowly being drawn in and landing on the new port. That would add to the feel of lions arch as probably nothing else.

Imagine moving airships, 'patrolling' battlefields like Bloodstone Fen while shooting their cannons at ground targets. Or bigger, carrier-style airships, slowly traversing open spaces while offering the opportunity to launch griffon-mounted players! When thinking of it, the Glory of Tyria actually fits the carrier look quite nicely. Been always wondering what they'd do with a deck that big... launching Griffon Warrior attacks, of course!

@Plautze.6290 said:Imagine moving airships, 'patrolling' battlefields like Bloodstone Fen while shooting their cannons at ground targets. Or bigger, carrier-style airships, slowly traversing open spaces while offering the opportunity to launch griffon-mounted players! When thinking of it, the Glory of Tyria actually fits the carrier look quite nicely. Been always wondering what they'd do with a deck that big... launching Griffon Warrior attacks, of course!

Like Arah story mode, only as an actually working version? ^^

@Nightara.1804 said:

@Plautze.6290 said:Imagine moving airships, 'patrolling' battlefields like Bloodstone Fen while shooting their cannons at ground targets. Or bigger, carrier-style airships, slowly traversing open spaces while offering the opportunity to launch griffon-mounted players! When thinking of it, the Glory of Tyria actually fits the carrier look quite nicely. Been always wondering what they'd do with a deck that big... launching Griffon Warrior attacks, of course!

Precisely.As long as no Elder Dragon kamikazes into the main tower, it should work!

@Plautze.6290 said:

Precisely.As long as no Elder Dragon kamikazes into the main tower, it should work!

So you don't want Bubbles to kamikaze into the airship, but launching Kamikaze Griffon Divers is okay? Racist!

@Nightara.1804 said:

So you don't want Bubbles to kamikaze into the airship, but launching Kamikaze Griffon Divers is okay? Racist!

Lol, what?! =)Edit: As if he would. We all know what happened to the last Elder Dragon messing with our ride B)

@Nightara.1804 said:

Don't worry, he'd be much more likely to sink our airship fleet with a cataclysmic tsunami just to show Mordy and his tentacle fetish who's actually boss.

@kurfu.5623 said:

@segman.3560 said:No, we need build templates and engine overhaul.

One has nothing to do with the other... I seriously doubt that map & event designers are the same people that would implement new features that require heavy-duty coding, such as an engine overhaul.

It's about where company puts their money on, no matter who does this.

@Mithos.9023 said:I had the feeling that Lions Arch needs more boats. I mean it is the biggest harbor in Tyria and has not one ship. Just think about it, a galleon slowly being drawn in and landing on the new port. That would add to the feel of lions arch as probably nothing else.

LION'S ARCH! (Doh!) Of course! The most obvious spot eludes me! LA was the community hub at one time, but has become just another city after Scarlet. Numerous boat ride possibilities present themselves to help rekindle interest. A guided tour with an onboard host describing historical and contemporary points of interest. A small boat fishing tournament. A SUBMARINE tour. Any Festival that still visits LA ought to be able to do SOMETHING with a themed vessel!

Archived