Nerf reaper

Coolguy.8702

Its too strong in pvp right now, in a game mode where you have to stand on a point they dominate you hard.There autos in shroud hit at least 9k per hit and reaper 4 skill can go to 30k aoe. Their chill is also way too op

Id suggest a 30% dps nerf to all shroud abilities or increase reaper shroud cd to 20 sec like celestial avatar

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Egorum.9506 said:Why would you use marauder?

I usually flip between demolisher's, marauder, and Paladin depending on the enemy comp.

Valk (yes I know you think it's good) isn't viable because you end up having crappy offensive pressure when not in shroud. You can try some janky build with Decimate Defenses, but you have to make compromises to make that work and you get screwed the moment someone cleanses your vuln.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Coolguy.8702 said:There autos in shroud hit at least 9k per hit and reaper 4 skill can go to 30k aoe. Their chill is also way too op

Marauder Reaper with SR and Spite hits 2k-3k on shroud autos and 4k on the final hit of the chain.

Soul Spiral is 6k-10k assuming it's not interrupted.

Dunno what yer running but the sr/spite/ reaper build has 8k autos at the least

@Coolguy.8702 said:

@Coolguy.8702 said:There autos in shroud hit at least 9k per hit and reaper 4 skill can go to 30k aoe. Their chill is also way too op

Marauder Reaper with SR and Spite hits 2k-3k on shroud autos and 4k on the final hit of the chain.

Soul Spiral is 6k-10k assuming it's not interrupted.

Dunno what yer running but the bm/spite/ reaper build has 8k autos at the least

Taking Blood Magic over Soul Reaping means your dropping ferocity, might, and a 10% modifier for a traitline that doesn't even have damage mods. Blood Spite Reaper has lower in-shroud damage than SR reaper. I assure you that you are mistaken.

Perhaps you are confusing Executioner's Scythe with the auto chain.

@Crinn.7864 said:

I usually flip between demolisher's, marauder, and Paladin depending on the enemy comp.

Valk (yes I know you think it's good) isn't viable because you end up having crappy offensive pressure when not in shroud. You can try some janky build with Decimate Defenses, but you have to make compromises to make that work and you get screwed the moment someone cleanses your vuln.

Then you haven't played with decimate defenses enough man, it's very strong with reaper

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:I never thought to see the day that someone cries for a reaper nerf in PvP.Im so poud of Arenanet that they made that possible.

lol so true. hahaha

@Coolguy.8702 said:Necro mains back at it defending their op spec lol. Reaper will get nerfed, just like scourge did

I honestly don't know what to say right now. Reaper's have had their big toe cut off for a while.

@Coolguy.8702 said:Necro mains back at it defending their op spec lol. Reaper will get nerfed, just like scourge did

Its nothing new for anet to balance around the lowest entry level casuals.

I can also assure you that the majority is used to old timings on dodging the big stun - so a lot of unnecessary damage is being taken to the face. And necro never lacked dps (in pvp) , it lacked reliability.

@Flumek.9043 said:

Its nothing new for anet to balance around the lowest entry level casuals.

I can also assure you that the majority is used to old timings on dodging the big stun - so a lot of unnecessary damage is being taken to the face. And necro never lacked dps (in pvp) , it lacked reliability.

Exactly, I always though necros hit pretty hard, may be as hard as warriors... It's just landing them hits thats been difficult to to do.

Jesus...

Necro is such a goddamn slow class that it's quite susceptible anyways. Reaper-Shroud should hit hard - you're supposed to be a frigging Shinigami going all Bankai! and Getsuga Tenshou-ing everything down. The only real hard-hitting skill is Soul Spiral anyway and Scourge should've already teached people not to camp on points when you'd die on them - dead people won't do anything anyway.

@Crinn.7864 said:

I don't think DD builds are any jankier than the other trait choices at that tier... Yes, you have to battle cleanse, but it's not like you don't constantly reapply vulnerability with almost everything you do. What would you even take instead that you don't think is janky? CV is even more easily countered by cleanse and isn't even as big of a bonus now that Gluttony gives might... And SE is just lulz since, like, if somebody's gonna let you actually land a bunch of GS skills on them, you'd of destroyed them no matter what build you're using.

It's pretty funny how a patch designed for PvE necros has people freaking out in PvP.

In PvP, the RO change will actually turn out to be a nerf because every necro that gives up BB will have less LF and less survivability. This translates to a big nerf overall because glassy necros are a huge liability to any team.

Of course, any dead player does ZERO dps and ZERO utility, but it's especially bad to have glassy necros because they immediately put you down 4v5 at mid fight...plus...they are slow to get back in a fight...plus...they start with zero LF...plus...they are terrible at being alone...and...they are limited at where they can rotate coming from spawn. In short, a glassy necro instantly gives the other team a huge snowball advantage.

Think of it this way...before the patch...Reapers could have put on a Berserker Amulet > Marauder and got an extra 300+ ferocity, but nobody did that because the loss in survivability was too great. This is exactly the same as wearing the zerker amulet over marauder. In fact, it's worse because LF/Shroud is more dynamic for survivability than base vitality.

The RO quickness will help sometimes in the burst department, but I corrupted so much quickness on these Fotm necros last night that it was actually a liability for them. Thus, it may help you in one fight, but get you killed in another...much easier than before. It's NOT a 100% net improvement over attack speed as people are pretending.

Ironically, the only REAL damage buff for PvP reapers had nothing to do with RO. It was the synergy in Gluttony and BB. However, if people are giving up BM for SR, you're ALSO reducing survivability and utility just to get more might.

Anet did some crazy things this patch (i.e. adding MORE clones and damage overall) if you look at it from a PvP perspective. However, the premature crying about Necro PvE trait changes evidences a primitive knowledge of the game.

Archived