The Chair in WvW.

DanAlcedo.3281

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biggest thing, to me, isn't that it's disabled it. It's that they made absolutely no attempt in game (or patch notes) to say you couldn't, even when they started selling the gem store chair. Other items clearly will state it's not useful in WvW. Them not advertising it is kinda scummy....

@Magolith.9412 said:

@Turk.5460 said:I feel like the people who complain that the Chair is unusable in WvW only want to use it for BM anyway. Why else would they want it in WvW where you're constantly moving around. If you're standing still, go to PvE haha.

Well of course I want to use it for BM. That's not what it's intended for?

You play Mirage, that's BM enough you sack of Skritt!

@"Turk.5460" said:I feel like the people who complain that the Chair is unusable in WvW only want to use it for BM anyway. Why else would they want it in WvW where you're constantly moving around. If you're standing still, go to PvE haha.

That is a massive massive generalization, and totally wrong. I know a few who complained because they wanted to use it just generally. You aren't moving 100% of the time. There are times commander takes a break, you take a bio break, quick raid breaks, etc. At the end of the day, it doesn't even matter - they're selling an item that is not usable in one of the game modes with absolutely no documentation anywhere that it is not usable there. If you immediately went to "well they want to BM with it", I feel like that says more about your server and/or tier than anything else....

Also, then what's your excuse for the balloon? Other kites and what not are usable, but not the new one - is that for some new form of BM I've never heard of? :o

@Handin.4032 said:

@"Turk.5460" said:I feel like the people who complain that the Chair is unusable in WvW only want to use it for BM anyway. Why else would they want it in WvW where you're constantly moving around. If you're standing still, go to PvE haha.

That is a massive massive generalization, and totally wrong. I know a few who complained because they wanted to use it just generally. You aren't moving 100% of the time. There are times commander takes a break, you take a bio break, quick raid breaks, etc. At the end of the day, it doesn't even matter - they're selling an item that is not usable in one of the game modes with absolutely no documentation anywhere that it is not usable there. If you immediately went to "well they want to BM with it", I feel like that says more about your server and/or tier than anything else....

Also, then what's your excuse for the balloon? Other kites and what not are usable, but not the new one - is that for some new form of BM I've never heard of? :o

Calm down there, I'm just making a general observation based on common knowledge.

@Turk.5460 said:

@Turk.5460 said:I feel like the people who complain that the Chair is unusable in WvW only want to use it for BM anyway. Why else would they want it in WvW where you're constantly moving around. If you're standing still, go to PvE haha.

Calm down there, I'm just making a general observation based on common knowledge.

Maybe common on FA ;)

@Handin.4032 said:

Maybe common on FA ;)

Contextual clues would tell you that it would be enemies of my server. Are you really that insecure that you think I'm attacking you? I simply stated my opinion, get over it.

@Turk.5460 said:

Maybe common on FA ;)

Contextual clues would tell you that it would be enemies of my server. Are you really that insecure that you think I'm attacking you? I simply stated my opinion, get over it.

Not insecure at all. You're the one who brought up being BMed when it was mentioned that an item is not usable in WvW even though it isn't mentioned in notes or in game its not usable there.

By the way: it looks like they're disabled because they coded the chairs as MOUNTS instead of toys. I guess the only way to get a sitting emote was a mount? But, that's why they're disabled in WvW and a lot of other places - anywhere you can't use a mount you can't use the chair.

@Handin.4032 said:By the way: it looks like they're disabled because they coded the chairs as MOUNTS instead of toys. I guess the only way to get a sitting emote was a mount? But, that's why they're disabled in WvW and a lot of other places - anywhere you can't use a mount you can't use the chair.

Well you wouldnt want to call a Sylvari being sat on by Charr a toy. They get offended by that.

Archived