Pass Tome idea

Portal Tome for Season 3 holding all the Season 3 Portal Scrolls.Check.

Portal Tome for Season 4 holding all the Season 4 Portal Scrolls.Check.

Pass Tome for holding all the Gemstore Passes .Haven't seen this yet. Don't know why. Obviously, people enjoy the economy of space that Portal Tomes provide (and they are bought with specific in-game currencies).

A Pass Tome could be a Gemstore item so there is the distinct possibility of additional real world income for Anet just with this item, as well as it being convenient for players (QoL improvement).

Additionally, it would encourage players to have more than one pass (additional possibility of real world income for Anet, also convenient for players).

It could be tabbed with a tab for permanent passes, a tab for 2-week/temporary passes, and a tab for portal stones (convenient for players).

The temporary pass tab could have the ability to add a temporary pass directly - like buying extra bank tabs or bag slots (additional possibility of real world income for Anet AND convenient for players).

The tab for portal stones (e.g. Hall of Monuments Portal Stone and Exalted Portal Stone) would allow players to save space, provide another selling point for a Pass Tome, and encourage the use of Portal Stones for future instances. I realize that this tab is really reaching - especially since one is account bound and the other soul bound. However, there is no harm in asking - the worst that can happen is nothing.

Players save space and have more options. Anet gets paid. Win-win situation.

Agreed - and this idea has been suggested a number of times in the past. And one addendum I've added is that we'd likely want a right-click menu on that pass that allowed us to set a "default" pass that would respond to the double-click function. I say that because pass users are accustomed to double-clicking to quickly go to the lounge/sanctuary, and in the case of the Mistlock Sanctuary, double-click again to quickly return to where they were. Consolidating passes into a tome should not lose this double-click functionality. I think adding a right-click menu to set a default pass for the double-click could help solve for that.

Archived