new F2

Miles Smiles.8951

I can't tell you how many times I've still double-tapped F2 for swiftness. I don't want the old F2 back, I just want the new one to be buffed for certain legends (Glint active/passive, Ventari passive). Also, I really want it to deactivate it upon legend swap. It has some bad potential interactions.

Edit: Oh, and for the Upkeep to cost 2.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:f2 was the best change of the patch.

what good does it do in sPvP on power rev for instance except the boon strip (which goes through invulns btw and has a nice range) and how is it better than the old one?

I'm sorry, I forgot sPvP was the only game mode in gw2. My mistake.

:O who cares about spvp in a pve mostly game????

Spvp is only there cause it would be bad for Anet release a game w/o pvp... lol

The only f2 atm that is useless , and extremelly useless even when traited is the ventari one, maybe F2 skills need to consume less energy, to get more real in order with their effect.

F2 are weak for the -3 pip less regen.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:f2 was the best change of the patch.

what good does it do in sPvP on power rev for instance except the boon strip (which goes through invulns btw and has a nice range) and how is it better than the old one?

I'm sorry, I forgot sPvP was the only game mode in gw2. My mistake.

No worries. Just don't you forget it. :)

I agree the -3 upkeep is too prohibitive, to the point it feels like you get more mileage out of the legend by not using it at all.

It competes with Ventari's expensive energy pools for healing, it competes with Impossible Odds on Shiro and the life steal has too high ICD, Glint's F2 just sucks and doen't extend boons long enough to allow a Revenant to maintain 25 might, Mallyx seems more pvp/wvw since you'd have to sacrifice Renegade to use it, and it's not worth the dps loss.

The only one I'd say is sorta worth it maybe is Jalis, but that's because damage reduction is a decent effect to have.

I haven't met a single person who likes the new Glint F2. It is absolutely underpowered and barely even worth pressing.

Herald was designed to be a support-oriented elite spec that can both deal damage and provide lots of boons to its team. It's moving more toward just being a glass cannon damage dealer ONLY with the loss of 8% boon duration and, I think we can reasonably say, about 90% of F2's power.

33% boon duration -> 10% boon duration

MINIMUM of 9s of fury + 9s of 3 might + 12s of regen + 6s of protection + 12 seconds of swiftness -> add 2 second duration to only those boons that you already have

-2 upkeep -> -3 upkeep

Even when you're in Shiro, if you want to kite you need to use the facet active to even activate Impossible Odds. That's a joke.

Unfortunately we don't have a choice whether to take this skill or not. It's pretty much halfway to Smiter's Boon.

Revert Glint F2 passive and active to what they used to be, perhaps with a slight bit less base boon duration on the 5 boons gained, and call it a day.

edit: I forgot that the new F2 doesn't even count as a new application of fury, meaning the interaction with Incensed Response is also gone. Essentially, 8 stacks of might has been reduced to a 2 second extension to whatever might you had only.

@Kain Francois.4328 said:I agree the -3 upkeep is too prohibitive, to the point it feels like you get more mileage out of the legend by not using it at all.

It competes with Ventari's expensive energy pools for healing, it competes with Impossible Odds on Shiro and the life steal has too high ICD, Glint's F2 just sucks and doen't extend boons long enough to allow a Revenant to maintain 25 might, Mallyx seems more pvp/wvw since you'd have to sacrifice Renegade to use it, and it's not worth the dps loss.

The only one I'd say is sorta worth it maybe is Jalis, but that's because damage reduction is a decent effect to have.

Yeah I agree completely. Using the Facet in Glint isn't as big of a deal because the consume skills cost nothing. However, the other legends aren't designed like that. Example: if I am using Mallyx facet to absorb conditions and I use Pain Absorption, I have to wait 15 seconds to regain my 30 energy. Without the facet it would be 6 seconds. That is an extra 9 seconds. That is huge! I can't tell you how absolutely terrible this feels in any non-Glint legend. I'd argue that Mallyx and Jalis have the best facets, but even then it doesn't feel worth it. I'm not even sure I'd use it as a -2 upkeep. Not being able to deactivate the facet makes it feel so much worse too. I will continue suggesting facet deactivation on legend swap until it is implemented.

The new F2 is pretty nice. Once you get the feel for it it's pretty great in duels and team fights. You only ever really need to use True Nature on shiro and after testing it out its an unblockable/unevadable boon rip. Even invuln skills like Renewed Focus and Elixir S don't stop you from ripping boons off your targets. Ripping stab off reapers, boonbeast Sb's, and core guardians just makes fighting them that much easier.

@Bryvanent.1364 said:The new F2 is pretty nice. Once you get the feel for it it's pretty great in duels and team fights. You only ever really need to use True Nature on shiro and after testing it out its an unblockable/unevadable boon rip. Even invuln skills like Renewed Focus and Elixir S don't stop you from ripping boons off your targets. Ripping stab off reapers, boonbeast Sb's, and core guardians just makes fighting them that much easier.

Yeah, it behaves like the old guardian blind from virtue of justice and krait runes, which were patched out eventually due to having zero counterplay. I agree with you on only using it in Shiro because being able to strip stab/prot is huge especially while it's busted in this way. I think that in a vacuum, most people are of the opinion that it's good for every legend but Glint, which is curious. The stab from Jalis is pretty good in WvW, and though clunky, Mallyx and Ventari have their uses too.

Good design choice but it's just trash in Glint.

I think ventaris f2 could get a party wide stunbreak, this way we get the 5 ppl stunbreak back and a stunbreak on ventari.2 birds one stone.Shiros active could deal dmg in addition to its cureent effect. Atm its sure good for PvP but lacks PvE usage. The upkeep is giid though.Jalis and mallyx are fine IMO.Glints active could have more Impact though, something that blasts out boons from you to allies would be cool. Or just bump up the increased duration.

Archived