Caithe's VA lines from the incoming episodes of Season 4.

Michram.6853

In the yesterday's livestream we could see some of the voiceactors- including Caithe's VA: Kari Wahlgren.

Also the devs foreshadowed two lines from the incoming story (and now we can be pretty sure it's not human NPC ;)):

"Hello Taimi, Commander. We have a lot to talk about, don't we?"- I love this mystery in her voice!! Gosh, its so deep and ominous. :D That what I love about Caithe's voice!"We have a lot of work ahead of us... I think I can help with that."- this line led me straight to the "Edge of destiny" ending, when Caithe stayed in the Glint's Lair and was picking up the blood of the dragon- I think Kralkatorrik's?- maybe Caithe was creating the Dragonblood Spear 2.0 in her free time? The only plot that wasn't solved in the story that came from the books is Caithe picking up the blood shards. Maybe she felt that the blood of the dragons is very important, if Zojja wouldn't be that sad about Snaff, she would notice that as well.

Maybe this will involve Caithe and Zojja in the future story. And I feel Zojja will be back in Episode 4, I can sense that. :D

I the end of the interview Kari answers the question:What's the piece of advice you'd give Caithe.Kari answers: Watch her back.

Interesting, isn't it?

source:

1:32:34 on video

@"Fenom.9457" said:I'm excited so learn where tf she's been, and zojja even more so

Caithe always gives much more seriousness to the story, she is really mature, went through a lot.

The writers and Kari did a wonderful job.

Kari even said that this character is that complex, that she have to try even more to sound those subtexts and layers.

There is no such complex character in GW2 than Caithe.

"Remember. I'm a shadow"

@Arden.7480 said:

@"Fenom.9457" said:I'm excited so learn where tf she's been, and zojja even more so

Caithe always gives much more seriousness to the story, she is really mature, went through a lot.

The writers and Kari did a wonderful job.

Kari even said that this character is that complex, that she have to try even more to sound those subtexts and layers.

There is no such complex character in GW2 than Caithe.

"Remember. I'm a shadow"

Its kinda funny but i think the opposite: Shes a good character dont get me wrong, arguably one of the strongest and most persistently so, but ive never thought she added seriousness to the story outside of HoT which..is what made me dislike her and the writing for her in Season 3 didnt help any at all did the exact opposite, so i hope they do something.

Do want to find out what Zoijjas been up to though for sure.

Season 3 was kinda full of weird choices in the story, Caithe and Braham were the victims of that.

I mean I also saw how plastic Caithe was in episode 2 and 3 of LS3.

Braham was also a bit plastic, it was like a soap opera.

Season 4 is much better because it has more seriousness, less funny, jokey moments. Maybe this will help the writers to suit Caithe's seriousness more.

We'll see, but those two lines are in my opinion foreshadowing that.

@Arden.7480 said:Season 3 was kinda full of weird choices in the story, Caithe and Braham were the victims of that.

I mean I also saw how plastic Caithe was in episode 2 and 3 of LS3.

Braham was also a bit plastic, it was like a soap opera.

Season 4 is much better because it has more seriousness, less funny, jokey moments. Maybe this will help the writers to suit Caithe's seriousness more.

We'll see, but those two lines are in my opinion foreshadowing that.

Ugh braham just got ruined in Season 3, i liked him in HoT, season 4 was better on both accounts. I hope you are correct however!

@"Svennis.3852" said:Exciting! Can't wait to catch up on her activities, and maybe other members of Destiny's Edge?

It'd be REALLY neat to have a DE reunion for a future episode, or even expansion.

They said that at the earliest stages of Ep 2 they were planning to bring Zojja back, but in the end they didnt.

Also they hinted that seeing Zojja is just a matter of time.

@"maddoctor.2738" said:If I recall they said that Zojja won't be coming back because they couldn't align their schedule with Felicia Day's.

AFAIK this was never actually said. Though I've heard the rumors about "issues with the VA" which change from "Felicia doesn't want to" to "they don't like Felicia" to as you said. Official statements that I've seen were just "she doesn't fit in with the plot", except with Episode 2 where they were planning to bring her in but decided not to because the role they had for her was to have her captive and they didn't want to have two "female asura rescue plots" back to back.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"maddoctor.2738" said:If I recall they said that Zojja won't be coming back because they couldn't align their schedule with Felicia Day's.

AFAIK this was never actually said. Though I've heard the rumors about "issues with the VA" which change from "Felicia doesn't want to" to "they don't like Felicia" to as you said. Official statements that I've seen were just "she doesn't fit in with the plot", except with Episode 2 where they were planning to bring her in but decided not to because the role they had for her was to have her captive and they didn't want to have two "female asura rescue plots" back to back.

This is the most recent:

There are still some stories that ArenaNet wants to tell about Zojja. She isn't back due to problems with her voice actor's schedule and the way the devs are planning their work. I asked whether they have considered re-casting the actor for that role, but Mike Z said it would be unfair.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/BlackLionDailyHerald/posts/920418361490243

@Arden.7480 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:If I recall they said that Zojja won't be coming back because they couldn't align their schedule with Felicia Day's.

Changing VA for Rox out of sudden was not problematic, so they could have changed VA for Zojja and just say her voice changed after being in the pod.

Mike said that it would be unfair if they recast the role.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:If I recall they said that Zojja won't be coming back because they couldn't align their schedule with Felicia Day's.

Changing VA for Rox out of sudden was not problematic, so they could have changed VA for Zojja and just say her voice changed after being in the pod.

Mike said that it would be unfair if they recast the role.

meh, if Zojja's VA doesnt wanna work at Anet's, just fire her. If it costs that one of the major characters wont participate in the story because the VA is just "so occupied", then what is the use of that VA?

@"Arden.7480" said:

meh, if Zojja's VA doesnt wanna work at Anet's, just fire her.Nobody has said that's what's happening. We have a second-hand account that there are two reasons,one of which is scheduling. That doesn't say anything about Day's willingness to work with ANet.

I am grumbling a bit that "unfinished story elements" and "scattered lore tidbits" are apparently being spun as being a good thing, because they "give [the fans] a chance to fill them up with our imagination," but that's a separate issue.

@Castigator.3470 said:On the Topic of VAs, is the technology advanced enough to allow substituting voice actors for text to speech algorithms?

If you've ever actually heard text to speech work, you'll know that their delivery can vary widely, especially with made up words like Mordrem or Zhaitan. It's not a permanent solution for the quality they want to keep.

@"Rognik.2579" said:

If you've ever actually heard text to speech work, you'll know that their delivery can vary widely, especially with made up words like Mordrem or Zhaitan. It's not a permanent solution for the quality they want to keep.I know. I was hoping for an advanced program that lets you modify pronounciation, stess, pitch of voice, accent, intonation and accentuation. All that good stuff, so that you could, theoretically create some passable audio lines from algorithm. Are we there yet, or is the software still at the level of my 90s telephone software, which could produce an annoying child voice with either dramatically overstressed or creepy monotone lines, a nasal woman voice with a very stiff pronunciation of words and a male voice, that was better than Microsoft SAM, but always maintained a calm collected narrating voice, no matter what. (If you're thinking "A word commander." you're close.)

@Arden.7480 said:

@"Alga.6498" said:Wonderful news! I can't wait to see Caithe back, finally!!!! ?Hoping Zojja will make her return too!

I'm happy there is somebody I share the same reaction. :D

Caithe is my vid game crush. :D (My profile image is a proof. ;) )

She is mine too! I've always loved her among the "hero NPCs". Eir and Caithe was/is my favorite.... ??And since ANet decided to hide Zojja for so long, almost like she has been forgotten, she's becoming a favorite aswell. I would rather team-up with Zojja than the annoying-Taimi!?

Thank you for this? now I am looking even more forward for the next chapter!

@Arden.7480 said:

Agreed. This could make the new VA have a better communication to work with ANet if that's the case with Zojja's current VA.They changed also the Male Charr PC VA too.This makes sense anyway after how long she's been "sick"/recovering, her voice got alternative as a side effect from the jungle pod.

Archived