Transmute Auras

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Hey Guys (and grills)

With the latest balance patch. Anet changed the way aura skills work on elementalist weapon skills.

The skills involved are:

• Shocking aura : dagger main hand air 3
  • Forst aura : dagger offhand water 4
  • Fire aura : fire 4 focus offhand
  • Magnetic aura : staff earth 4

The way it works is :1) You use the skill to get the aura (nothing changed here)2) You can choose if you want to detonate the aura or not (by clicking the skill again)

Basically , with tempest you can apply for example frost aura with "Flash Freeze" and swap to water and immediately detonate the frost aura thanks to the number 4 skill on dagger offhand. Works with any source of auras as long as the aura coincide with the skill.

But , when I see most of the recent changes on any classes, It feels like they try to change all the "two-part" skills. EXAMPLE: dagger mainhand earth 3 is now only a leap ... no more projectile.

Then in that scheme ... why not reverse the way aura skills work? Make them detonate and then get the aura. One button press ... easier to use and less things to think and be carefull of.

Hear me ! I like they changed it . Just shouting a weird feeling I got =D

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:it doesn't work with tempest utility skills. lame.

maybe a future change after an observation phase .

But shouts are already strong skills as themselves. Adding a detonation would be a little bit too strong. But you can still detonate it with the corresponding aura skill (listed earlier in the thread)

Archived