Give ele an f5 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Give ele an f5

I know that this has a 99.99999898% chance to be ignored by the people who can directly make a change to elementalist, but this is my idea:
Tempest f5: detonate auras
Weaver f5: unravel

Comments

• lLobo.7960lLobo.7960 Member ✭✭✭

@steki.1478 said:
    Core ele f5: uninstall.

Too OP.
    Just a /gg on f5 should do the trick

• MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

I've never felt the need to unravel... I'd rather have quickness on F5.
    Cant wait to get back home this weekend to try a jihad build.

• How about detonate any aura on F5 for core ele in general ?

• @Retsuko.2035 said:
    How about detonate any aura on F5 for core ele in general ?

That would prevent new specs from using the f5 key. OP's suggestion of Unravel for Weaver and Detonate for Tempest is perfect though.

• Dace.8173Dace.8173 Member ✭✭✭✭

Why would there be a need for an F5 skill?

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dace.8173 said:

Because this part of the spec mechanics is worthless 90% of the time because you have no way of actually using it. Adding an F5 would simplify and make it relevant and in turn even add some depth beyond "aura" and "only damage and nothing else"

Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Dace.8173 said:

Because this part of the spec mechanics is worthless 90% of the time because you have no way of actually using it. Adding an F5 would simplify and make it relevant and in turn even add some depth beyond "aura" and "only damage and nothing else"

Sounds like the kinda of thing an Elite would do.

• Poelala.2830Poelala.2830 Member ✭✭✭

@Dace.8173 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Dace.8173 said:

If we had any good elites, maybe.

@Poelala.2830 said:

@Dace.8173 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Dace.8173 said:

Weaver isn't a good Elite?

• Tinnel.4369Tinnel.4369 Member ✭✭✭

@Dace.8173 said:

@Poelala.2830 said:

@Dace.8173 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Dace.8173 said:

Weaver isn't a good Elite?

I think he means elite utility, where have many meh options.

• DJRiful.3749DJRiful.3749 Member ✭✭
    edited August 30, 2018

Tyria Weatherman reporting in - We are expecting thousand of F5 tornados on class patch day. Everyone please prepare to evacuate Tyria!

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2018

This would solve my issues that I made a thread about https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/53520/aura-changes-issue-with-the-mechanic-blocking-another#latest
    (basically the detonation mechanic interferes with Cleansing Water Trait, Tempest Defense and Elemental Bastion when dealing with CC and Condition Removals + on demand heals/sustain for PvP environment, D/D)

I suggested instacast detonation but this F5 for Tempest would also be a good solution.

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion

• f5 for downstate lava font for optimal dps

• The next elite spec will probably have an F5 ability.

• Poelala.2830Poelala.2830 Member ✭✭✭

@DragonSlayer.1087 said:
    The next elite spec will probably have an F5 ability.

not good enough.

• next elite spec better use a rifle.

• This is actually a very good idea. Sadly a lot of the comments here seem to be from players who don't know the elementalist class and are confusing the OP's thoughts.

Not sure how I feel about the F5 skill for tempest as they already have a strong elite mechanic in overloads, but I have always felt F5:Unravel should have been in the core mechanic of weaver. Unravel alone does not do enough to waste a utility slot.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

They just need to update some chose traits with realty boons like stab quickness and resistance even alacrity for core ele. F5 on ele not going to fix the core ele problems.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.