Rampage elite skill

Phyb.6704

I tried it on Spellbreaker using some awful interrupt build I was messing around with. It definitely synergizes with spellbreaker the best with all the CC to remove boons. Best way I can describe it is for those 15 seconds, it feels quite strong, then it goes on cooldown for 3 mins and I'm like "crap I wish I had Signet of Rage or Winds of Disenchantment right now". Overall I don't think it's that awful though.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:I use it in WvW. I play full glass so it really helps me stay alive in times where I would normally get melted. The damage is decent too, but I mostly use it defensively.

I find the exact opposite. I player full zerker or maurader armor and zerker trinkets and I rarely use it unless I am in a smaller havoc party where I know I have support. It has great CC and damage but defensively I feel completely helpless in rampage. Definitely not a survival skill.

@GrackFields.7805 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:I use it in WvW. I play full glass so it really helps me stay alive in times where I would normally get melted. The damage is decent too, but I mostly use it defensively.

I find the exact opposite. I player full zerker or maurader armor and zerker trinkets and I rarely use it unless I am in a smaller havoc party where I know I have support. It has great CC and damage but defensively I feel completely helpless in rampage. Definitely not a survival skill.

Well it takes me from 22k HP to 44k HP, with some 25% extra damage resistance. I also find it useful if I'm about to get ganked, most people will see their wet noodle damage barely scratch my health pool and think twice. I also think in WvW, it is the only place where the long cooldown is justified.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

@GrackFields.7805 said:

Well it takes me from 22k HP to 44k HP, with some 25% extra damage resistance. I also find it useful if I'm about to get ganked, most people will see their wet noodle damage barely scratch my health pool and think twice. I also think in WvW, it is the only place where the long cooldown is justified.

The problem is you can be easily kited by a lot of builds while it's up and you're also defenseless against condis (unless you also pop berserker stance beforehand and don't get corrupted).

It's not without value, and can even be a life saver in some cases, but soft ccs (like chill and cripple) and blind will hugely undermine that value, and damaging condi pressure will chew through that extra health in no time.

Overall, I find it's more of a liability in a fight, at least while roaming.

I feel simply its just lacking. It needs to be adjusted for pve at the least. Pvp the cooldown is good and the cc is nice. Pve it is lacking, the cooldown and just makes you want the other elites. I would have pref if it DID NOT give you a new set of skills and let you use your own. Had a 90sec cooldown like winds of disenchant. A 3min cooldown for pvp for obvious reasons. It reduces incoming dmg by 25% so have it reduce your dmg by sat 15% also. So it is a nice balance to survive. This would make it much more used vs other elites.

Tho I personally wish it was removed for a dif elite.We have banner for buffing.Headbut for cc.Signet for PassiveWinds for utility boon rip and ranged defense.

This covers buffs, cc, passives, utility, defense.What we lack is a actual elite that gives raw hard dmg.This raw dmg would be perfect for a physical ulti... but rampage is just another of what we already have.

@Crossaber.8934 said:I have been using rampage on my condi core war for 2+ years. It works great with trait body blow and peak performance, served me well in wvw.

The only issue is the long CD, otherwise it is a great elite.

In pvp and wvw yes. But pve?This is why I feel it should be one of those skills that in pvp and wvw it is adjusted with a longer cooldown then in pve. Or changed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived