ArenaNet, stop nerfing core engineer!

Josif.2015

Alright ArenaNet, you buffed Glob Shot so that it travels faster and you've made Smoke Bomb and Glue Bomb benefit from the explosives traits, something you should've done long ago and is about as exciting as watching paint dry. And then we have this:

• Thermal Vision: Reduced the condition damage increase of the effect granted by this trait from 10% to 5%.

May I ask why you did this ArenaNet? May I ask why you would nerf core engineer again? How many times do core engineers have to tell you that the profession doesn't need any more nerfs? At the beginning of 2018, you removed Alchemical Tinctures and that was in my opinion the final straw. You nerfed condition damage not too long ago, but you didn't nerf the condition cleanse and resistance that certain professions can use to counter the condition damage, yet you decided to take away the only trait that gave engineer condition cleanse with elixirs and the elixir gun and replaced it with a horrible heal from self applied boons.

Other professions have no problems dealing with cleansing conditions while core engineer has to work twice as hard to cleanse conditions because you thought it was a good idea to get rid of the only viable minor trait that made elixirs viable utility skills to use for cleansing conditions, both for the engineer and allies. You've made condition cleansing for core engineer worse now to the point where I'm forced to use the med kit, elixir gun and tool kit because of the condition cleansing.

Not only did you nerf something that didn't need to be nerfed, but you did the bare minimum with core engineer and scrapper in this balance patch. Just when I thought that you were done nerfing core engineer, you decided to do the same thing once again. Stop nerfing core engineer, buff the kits by adjusting the cast time (you did this with Elixir H, so why not do the same thing with Box of Nails) and condition duration on certain skills (Tranquilizer Dart, Fumigate, Pry Bar, Freeze Grenade, etc.), change certain traits to benefit kits and only kits and start making more impactful changes with core engineer and scrapper rather than playing it super safe.

I think the main point of that trait is the 16% boon duration, but they thought effect was too weak and wanted to add a minor effect. I am not sure how well the healing scales, overall in the entirety of a match it probably heals me a fair bit, though way too slow to be useful. Next time I am in WvW I will pay attention to how it is when wearing a full set of cleric's. In pvp I get around 30 per boon.

@Tehologist.5841 said:I think the main point of that trait is the 16% boon duration, but they thought effect was too weak and wanted to add a minor effect. I am not sure how well the healing scales, overall in the entirety of a match it probably heals me a fair bit, though way too slow to be useful. Next time I am in WvW I will pay attention to how it is when wearing a full set of cleric's. In pvp I get around 30 per boon.

The healing on Compounding Chemicals scales poorly in PvP. 37 with no healing power, 54 with 560 healing power amulets and runes, 65 with 1050 healing power amulets and runes. As for the boon duration, it's always been there. The only difference being the condition removal which was one of the reason to use elixir and/or the elixir gun and the .

This is why I always compare Compounding Chemicals to projectile finishers being used in water fields; the healing they give you is so weak compared to leap and blast finishers that it's not even worth using and it's better to use them in light fields to cleanse conditions.

They did fix elixir h, so have reliable way to get protection with it now. That would give a couple of extra removes at least if using inventions and anti corrosion plating. Alchemy still gives us the two freebies in pvp. I can understand forcing us to take us a dedicated condi clear skill as everyone is pretty much upset about how easy condi's are to remove.

Archived