Offset gear for WvW Hammer Backline Rev

Turkeyspit.3965

I'm still gearing up my Herald, primarily for Fractal content, but I also enjoy playing him in WvW as Hammer Rev. Metabattle defaults backline hammer rev in full zerk, but suggests to go with Marauder pieces to boost survivability.

As I'm focusing on gearing for PvE for now, weapons and armor must stay Zerk, but trinkets are easy to get, so no problem getting a second set just for WvW. Question is though, what stats should I aim for? Full Marauder would give the best DPS, but will that small amount of Vit really make a difference? Soldiers maybe? Valks?

Thanks for the suggestions.

herald got 10% health flat in a minor trait now. so basically full zerk and maybe one piece marauder/valkyrie to get up to 18k health (20k even, if you feel like you need it).

i personally run one trinket with armor stats, because i am obsessed with even armor numbers (don't ask...).

i got marauder with some assassin gear, for the 100% crit chance and 200% crit damage with the invocation buffs.

I think im somewhere arround 20/21k health, it allows for some more balsy moves, and not limiting me to have super atention on my positioning, also i try not rellying to much on scourge lameness and fb spam heals.

(i hate PoF specs, only lamers play them) ;}

Just go full zerks.If its going to kill you its going to put you in downed state first. If its so hot that your fb/scourge/chrono cant rez you then that little bit increase in hp wasn't going to save you anyhow. Also yeah we just got an extra 1.5k health with herald making it even less necessary to add vita in our gear.

@Justine.6351 said:Just go full zerks.If its going to kill you its going to put you in downed state first. If its so hot that your fb/scourge/chrono cant rez you then that little bit increase in hp wasn't going to save you anyhow. Also yeah we just got an extra 1.5k health with herald making it even less necessary to add vita in our gear.

I just want to make sure I'm not a liability in the zerg. To @Infusion.7149 's point, positioning is my main concern, as I've only been playing Rev for about a month now, and only recently started taking him in to WvW. You don't run into many condi bombs out in core / HoT metas ^_^. Staying on tag is easy to say if all you're doing is spamming tomes, but as I'm supposed to hammer stuff, I do think I sometimes overextend.

Already running with the -% condition damage / vitality food. I have some Marauder trinkets on some lesser played alts, so I may just swap them over and see if they make a difference.

Thank you all for the advice!

Archived