[Suggestion] Stow weapon does the same for all active clones

Curunen.8729

I know this has been suggested before many times, but though it's worth bringing up again.

Essentially it would be good if pressing 'stow weapon' immediately causes all clones (not phantasms - would cause too many problems since the rework, and tbh not really necessary) to stow weapon and stop moving (even if they're in the middle of an attack animation). Drawing a weapon would then cause clones to move (ie melee clones like sword or axe) and continue auto attacking.

The benefit would be having full control over when "you" (as a collective entity of player and clones) attack. An example would be noticing something like Full Counter and having the control to choose to not proc it.

@"Gatvin.6510" said:I also like the idea of clones acting more like the player, but why stop there? Why not let people rally off clones? THAT would be some realism. :tongue:

In this case it is nothing to do with perceived realism - rather it is a purely gameplay oriented suggestion, for a player to have full control over when they attack or not.

Especially when mechanics such as full counter exist (there are other examples but I'm just picking on this one as it's the most clear example), which the general l2p comments are "just don't proc it"... and no it shouldn't be a case of "mesmer too OP, it's fair", because this has nothing to do with balance - it's not a good game mechanic when you can see what is happening but not be able to do anything about it.

Actually I'd argue this suggestion should apply to every single minion for every class - ie stow weapon should immediately stop ranger pet, necro minions/adds, engi turrets, guardian spirit weapons, ele summons and even things like the thieves from thieves guild, etc - the player should have the control to stop their overall attack at any time.

Archived