Do Something With POWER Berserker Already

TheSlothArmada.6709

• Arc Divider 1/2 cast time PVE onlyalso increase its damage PVE only

• Headbutt 1/2 cast time PVE only

• Berserk Mode count as level 3 burst. . .

• Smash brawler primal burst recharge reduced 33% PVE only

• Fatal Frenzy make it pulse its boons or atleast quickness (definitely not asking cause of reaper. . . this one is a greedy request. . . probably make it PVE only too)

• Blood Reaction make it give you the 14% ferocity bonus when you have a boon like quickness or fury cause otherwise spellbreaker will always be able to gain its 14% bonus far easier than berserker. . .

also not only for berserker but make eviscerate/decapitate work with quickness and reduce its ugly. . . aftercast idk it always feels so slowalso increase decapitate damage. . .and also not for berserker but it'd be cool if signet of might granted 300 ferocity with instant cast. . . like thief signet but with ferocity instead. signet of fury precision is too valuable to give up

Berserker utlities need to be looked . . . but probably won't matter since signets and physical are too good. . . or make them count as physical?

Boom now we can play cool sounding berserker without using lungbow and swerd/terch. . . and what I mean by this is play it without being outclassed by spellbreaded and not being comparable uncomfortable to use

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They won't split skill cast times and animations between game modes, I am sure. They made all those changes to arc divider, head butt and even shield bash to give enemies more time to react, which was exactly the opposite to what they did after that with new elite specs... reverting these changes would make power berserker in pve much better for sure and not that op in pvp (as we have more powerful PoF specs in game already). About those level 3 adrenaline changes... the thing is that berserker can't spam bursts as often as spellbreaker to upkeep the buffs from traits effectively. Probably the only reasonable solution would be that all offensive buffs (like berserker's power) + burst damages would be count as level 3 adrenaline and defensive buffs (like adrenal health) would stay level 1. It would make sense even spec theme-wise.

I've got a neat concept I've been thinking could be done for berserker. See to me I think berserk mode should be able to be maintained if you do enough hits, and should keep the ability to store 30 adrenaline, using a primal burst will still only use 10 adrenaline. When you go berserk you should pulse damage so that you get your count for traits that trigger on burst(use 20 adrenaline and get a t2 on burst traits if the damage connects), and then it takes you down to 10 adrenaline, if you burst here you're out of berserker mode. So you'd have to keep hitting to get your adrenaline to at least 20 before you use a burst otherwise you exit berserker mode. This could be crazy awesome or it could be crazy dumb I don't know, just a thought I had.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:I've got a neat concept I've been thinking could be done for berserker. See to me I think berserk mode should be able to be maintained if you do enough hits, and should keep the ability to store 30 adrenaline, using a primal burst will still only use 10 adrenaline. When you go berserk you should pulse damage so that you get your count for traits that trigger on burst(use 20 adrenaline and get a t2 on burst traits if the damage connects), and then it takes you down to 10 adrenaline, if you burst here you're out of berserker mode. So you'd have to keep hitting to get your adrenaline to at least 20 before you use a burst otherwise you exit berserker mode. This could be crazy awesome or it could be crazy dumb I don't know, just a thought I had.

so in pve (namely raids) you'd be able to maintain active berserk mode for the whole duration of the encounter?

@Ferus.3165 said:

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:I've got a neat concept I've been thinking could be done for berserker. See to me I think berserk mode should be able to be maintained if you do enough hits, and should keep the ability to store 30 adrenaline, using a primal burst will still only use 10 adrenaline. When you go berserk you should pulse damage so that you get your count for traits that trigger on burst(use 20 adrenaline and get a t2 on burst traits if the damage connects), and then it takes you down to 10 adrenaline, if you burst here you're out of berserker mode. So you'd have to keep hitting to get your adrenaline to at least 20 before you use a burst otherwise you exit berserker mode. This could be crazy awesome or it could be crazy dumb I don't know, just a thought I had.

so in pve (namely raids) you'd be able to maintain active berserk mode for the whole duration of the encounter?

If you'd play it right, but there'd be balancing they'd have to do.

Well, TBH warrior has several things that need re-worked. Listed in no particular order or full suggestions of what needs changed.

• Banners/banner trait
  • Rifle
  • Sword (main hand and offhand)
  • Adrenaline and how it works/operates, I'd honestly like to see more F1-F3 skills (maybe F1 uses 1 bar of adrenaline, F2 uses 2 bars, and F3 uses 3 bars), but then they'd need to re-look into berserker and spell breaker
  • Hammer trait line
  • Shouts/Shout trait line
  • Warhorn, they changed how it works yet I still don't see people using this, honestly I don't feel that what they did for warhorn was a buff it felt like more of a sidestep
  • Daggers/Dagger trait line
  • Brave stride trait
  • GS a few skills need looked at (100b is probably the main one that needs looked at)
  • Mace (mainly offhand skill 5)
  • Mending to a physical skill
  • Lack of an elite stance
  • Dual wielding trait
  • Entire tactics trait line needs looked into
  • Power berserker

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:Well, TBH warrior has several things that need re-worked. Listed in no particular order or full suggestions of what needs changed.

• Banners/banner trait
  • Rifle
  • Adrenaline and how it works/operates, I'd honestly like to see more F1-F3 skills (maybe F1 uses 1 bar of adrenaline, F2 uses 2 bars, and F3 uses 3 bars), but then they'd need to re-look into berserker and spell breaker
  • Hammer trait line
  • Warhorn, they changed how it works yet I still don't see people using this, honestly I don't feel that what they did for warhorn was a buff it felt like more of a sidestep
  • Brave stride trait
  • GS a few skills need looked at (100b is probably the main one that needs looked at)
  • Dual wielding trait
  • Power berserker

make winds of disentchantment a shout :^)

@Ferus.3165 said:how about reduce the duration, activation time, radius and cd of wod by 50% and wod no longer destroys boons (or projectiles, but just one of those). It should still prevent the reapplication of boons though. And as bonus: you get to carry wod with your for its duration.

That would just make you a bigger target.

@RedShark.9548 said:make winds of disentchantment a shout :^)

I knew I forgot something, we don't have an elite shout.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:Well, TBH warrior has several things that need re-worked. Listed in no particular order or full suggestions of what needs changed.
  • Banners/banner trait
  • Rifle
  • Hammer trait line
  • Brave stride trait
  • Dual wielding trait
  • Power berserker

• Fatal Frenzy make it pulse its boons or atleast quickness (definitely not asking cause of reaper. . . this one is a greedy request. . . probably make it PVE only too)
  • Blood Reaction make it give you the 14% ferocity bonus when you have a boon like quickness or fury cause otherwise spellbreaker will always be able to gain its 14% bonus far easier than berserker. . .

also not only for berserker but make eviscerate/decapitate work with quickness and reduce its ugly. . . aftercast idk it always feels so slowalso increase decapitate damage. . .and also not for berserker but it'd be cool if signet of might granted 300 ferocity with instant cast. . . like thief signet but with ferocity instead. signet of fury precision is too valuable to give up

Berserker utlities need to be looked . . . but probably won't matter since signets and physical are too good. . . or make them count as physical?

Boom now we can play cool sounding berserker without using lungbow and swerd/terch. . . and what I mean by this is play it without being outclassed by spellbreaded and not being comparable uncomfortable to use

Why dont you try to play spb in pve instead? If you're here to seek more damage.

@Rodrick.1942 said:

• Banners/banner trait
  • Rifle
  • Hammer trait line
  • Brave stride trait
  • Dual wielding trait
  • Power berserker

Why dont you try to play spb in pve instead? If you're here to seek more damage.

Why does a Elite Spec, that gives you a defensive Ability, more Dmg then a Elite Spec that turns you into a Berserker? Spb only has more Dps because Anet deleted Power Berserker from the game and wanted to sell more copys of PoF. I mean they choose to give Spb more +%Dmg after PoF launch instead of bringing Power Zerker back.

Ultimately I think Berserker is the warrior condi spec (look at the majority of berserk mode attacks) although Blood reaction is a ferocity bonus.

There would need to be improvements to axe , hammer (mostly used on spellbreaker for interrupt), and greatsword in berserk mode. Right now it's competing with strength which has Berserker's Power (ironic), peak performance, and merciless hammer.

I think the bigger issue at hand is how much stronger spellbreaker is offensively, i.e. Pure strike critical damage trait , the 12s full counter, & Revenge counter trait.

@"Aigleborgne.2981" said:IMO, berserker should be extreme hybrid damage while being less defensive than core warrior, and thus far less than spellbreaker.

Hybrid because its theme is rage and fire. Full condi or full power could be equally good.

for that idea to be viable berserker would have to deal "kneeling zerker daedeye with full malice stacks" level dmg and nobody wants more oneshot builds.

you can have your opinion but that does not change the fact that berserker came out with 3 different trait "lines". upper path is for power, middle path is for condi and lower path is for tank berserker. Atm only the middle path is decent in instanced pve environment and pretty much trash (long windup/high cd for condi application/berserker activation) for open world and pvp/wvw. The power and the tank variant are just trash, both in pve and in pvp/wvw. Berserker is the worst elite spec in pvp/wvw right now, good vs nothing (no sustain nor dmg nor utility + super long animations on stuff like headbutt (1,75 sec selfstun btw.) and primal gs burst + useless utilities).Without banners condi berserker would be trash for raids aswell.

Holosmith should have been called berserker, because it really feels like you are dangerous, fast and agile as long as you are in forge mode. There is no reason to fear a warriors berserk mode as you would fear forge mode or reaper shroud, because the warrior gains nothing but a few little % multipliers. The only different skills the warrior has are the primal burst skills. So you would think (because they are still gated by adrenaline and cds + long animations) they would be powerful and dangerous, but they are not (no unblockable, no resistance, dmg is only a little more than a thief autohit and even hammer and mace have almost lost their cc). That means that bursts, which are not dodged, will be blocked/blinded. Gl ever hitting a thief/mesmer/guard/revenant with e.g. arc divider.

I still can't believe that one of the berserker utilites is a 10 sec stunbreak with a little bit of adrenaline gain and that is it, while thief got bandits defense that had only 12 sec cd for the longest time and now has 16 sec cd. That ability is also a stunbreak but with a 1.5 sec block attached to it and to top it all off you get a 2 sec knockdown with less cast time than shield bash. Bandits defense is basicly the complete warrior shield + additional stunbreak. That is how a useful utility looks like.

@Ferus.3165 said:

@"Aigleborgne.2981" said:IMO, berserker should be extreme hybrid damage while being less defensive than core warrior, and thus far less than spellbreaker.

Hybrid because its theme is rage and fire. Full condi or full power could be equally good.

for that idea to be viable berserker would have to deal "kneeling zerker daedeye with full malice stacks" level dmg and nobody wants more oneshot builds.

you can have your opinion but that does not change the fact that berserker came out with 3 different trait "lines". upper path is for power, middle path is for condi and lower path is for tank berserker. Atm only the middle path is decent in instanced pve environment and pretty much trash (long windup/high cd for condi application/berserker activation) for open world and pvp/wvw. The power and the tank variant are just trash, both in pve and in pvp/wvw. Berserker is the worst elite spec in pvp/wvw right now, good vs nothing (no sustain nor dmg nor utility + super long animations on stuff like headbutt (1,75 sec selfstun btw.) and primal gs burst + useless utilities).Without banners condi berserker would be trash for raids aswell.

Holosmith should have been called berserker, because it really feels like you are dangerous, fast and agile as long as you are in forge mode. There is no reason to fear a warriors berserk mode as you would fear forge mode or reaper shroud, because the warrior gains nothing but a few little % multipliers. The only different skills the warrior has are the primal burst skills. So you would think (because they are still gated by adrenaline and cds + long animations) they would be powerful and dangerous, but they are not (no unblockable, no resistance, dmg is only a little more than a thief autohit and even hammer and mace have almost lost their cc). That means that those bursts that are not dodged will be blocked/blinded. Gl ever hitting a thief/mesmer/guard/revenant with e.g. arc divider.

I still can't believe that one of the berserker utilites is a 10 sec stunbreak with a little bit of adrenaline gain and that is it, while thief got bandits defense that had only 12 sec cd for the longest time and now has 16 sec cd. That ability is also a stunbreak but with a 1.5 sec block attached to it and to top it all off you get a 2 sec knockdown with less cast time than shield bash. Bandits defense is basicly the complete warrior shield + additional stunbreak. That is how a useful utility looks like.

i think with hybrid he actually meant that berserker should be playable as condi or a full power spec, not both at the same time(which i know is the actual meaning of hybrid builds)i totally agree with all you said tho, there is no point in playing berserker over spb

and also the thing with bandits defense being everything in one with such low cd made me kitten angry and still does, 16s is still way too short for the amounts of dodges they have and compared to cooldowns of cc that other classes can bring to the table, hammers cc are ez to dodge and have mostly longer cooldowns than this kitten stunbreak/block/knockdown monster of a utillity skill

@RedShark.9548 said:

Holosmith should have been called berserker, because it really feels like you are dangerous, fast and agile as long as you are in forge mode. There is no reason to fear a warriors berserk mode as you would fear forge mode or reaper shroud, because the warrior gains nothing but a few little % multipliers. The only different skills the warrior has are the primal burst skills. So you would think (because they are still gated by adrenaline and cds + long animations) they would be powerful and dangerous, but they are not (no unblockable, no resistance, dmg is only a little more than a thief autohit and even hammer and mace have almost lost their cc). That means that those bursts that are not dodged will be blocked/blinded. Gl ever hitting a thief/mesmer/guard/revenant with e.g. arc divider.

i think with hybrid he actually meant that berserker should be playable as condi or a full power spec, not both at the same time(which i know is the actual meaning of hybrid builds)i totally agree with all you said tho, there is no point in playing berserker over spb

and also the thing with bandits defense being everything in one with such low cd made me kitten angry and still does, 16s is still way too short for the amounts of dodges they have and compared to cooldowns of cc that other classes can bring to the table, hammers cc are ez to dodge and have mostly longer cooldowns than this kitten stunbreak/block/knockdown monster of a utillity skill

I'd say they need to look at the bottom line of berserker as well. But yes I agree with RedShark that he was probably meaning that it should be able to be ran as a condi or power spec.

@RedShark.9548 said:i think with hybrid he actually meant that berserker should be playable as condi or a full power spec, not both at the same time(which i know is the actual meaning of hybrid builds)i totally agree with all you said tho, there is no point in playing berserker over spb

No, I meant hybrid damage. but I agree with you, it should be equally good with full power or full condi. I said hybrid because I think it could be cool to efficiently use power along with fire.

Power berserker should excel at spike damage, while Condi Berserker should excel at sustained DPS.

I feel like the primary offender when it came to the Activation Time and Damage nerfs of Primal Burst skills is the automatic Quickness from Fatal Frenzy when entering Berserk. This meant that Arc Divider was on a 1/4s AT instead of the listed 1/2s AT, pretty much instant massive damage. If they removed Quickness from Fatal Frenzy and replaced it with Stability or Retaliation, then they could reduce AT's and increase damage of Primal Burst skills without worrying about Quickness interplay as players would now need to run specific combos of traits or skills to use it.

Overall, I'd do something like this:

• Fatal Frenzy - moved to Major Adept. Fury duration reduced to 3s base.
  • Savage Instinct - moved to Minor Grandmaster. Entering Berserk now breaks stun. No longer removes Conditions.
  • Dead or Alive - Now removes 13 Conditions from the Berserker when triggering, in addition to current effect.

This is just the traits. Weapon skills and coefficients could be altered afterwards. This change removes the need for a Stunbreak slotted for Berserker and gives an incentive to hold Berserk in order to trigger Stun Break traits. Dead or Alive will function better as a "Comeback" trait with a full Condition Removal on trigger, making up for the otherwise relatively measly healing. Fatal Frenzy's Quickness can still be chosen, however the Berserker must give up the more frequent Berserk and Primal Skill use from Smash Brawler to gain the effects of it.

Archived