Which core/base profession do you want reworked/revamped?

Stand The Wall.6987

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Necromancer. It is the worst designed class in the game. Come on now, don't make us wait another 6 years with this. Necromancer is always number 2 on these lists when it should be number 1 and its been that way since year one. Everyone always prioritizes other classes over necromancer when necromancer mechanically is an absolute mess. Ranger? Fine, doesn't need anything. Revenant needs more skills doesn't need a complete overhaul, Elementalist only needs number adjustments. Necromancer needs Life force reworked, shroud reworked, utilities reworked, Minions reworked, most trait lines need some major reworks, their weapons reworked, everything. The necromancer needs everything.

Necro and only Necro!Necro was first introduced as condi focus profession but the traits and newcomer elite traits told other stories in one dimensional way, even the core Necro skills and traits now promote direct damage play more than what it is due to be condi focus. The Death Shroud is overwhelmingly worse than Reaper Shround in every aspect, the core skill is inconsistent, the weapons which Necro can use are not friendly to condi focus player, because we have no choice, there is only one condi main hand weapon we have in six years, not because it is good.

@Rexts.8037 said:Necro and only Necro!Necro was first introduced as condi focus profession but the traits and newcomer elite traits told other stories in one dimensional way, even the core Necro skills and traits now promote direct damage play more than what it is due to be condi focus. The Death Shroud is overwhelmingly worse than Reaper Shround in every aspect, the core skill is inconsistent, the weapons which Necro can use are not friendly to condi focus player, because we have no choice, there is only one condi main hand weapon we have in six years, not because it is good.

I think reaper is in a great spot. And scourge is pretty close. Scourge needs some major changes to Sand Savant, Blood as Sand, Sadistic searing, feed from corruption along with a few utility skills like dessicate, Sand swell, serpent siphon and their elite, Ghastly breach.

As for core necromancer? Ho boy... Life force, utility in shroud, shroud itself, the entire death magic line, minions, spectral skills, wells, corruption skills, staff, axe auto attack, dagger MH and OF, lich form, signets all need some work on them. Some more so than others.

@Lily.1935 said:As for core necromancer? Ho boy... Life force, utility in shroud, shroud itself, the entire death magic line, minions, spectral skills, wells, corruption skills, staff, axe auto attack, dagger MH and OF, lich form, signets all need some work on them. Some more so than others.

Don't touch my axe! OR MY WELLS!

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Lily.1935 said:As for core necromancer? Ho boy... Life force, utility in shroud, shroud itself, the entire death magic line, minions, spectral skills, wells, corruption skills, staff, axe auto attack, dagger MH and OF, lich form, signets all need some work on them. Some more so than others.

Axe Auto need some serious work. Look into your heart. You know it to be true.

@Lily.1935 said:

Axe Auto need some serious work. Look into your heart. You know it to be true.

Honestly I've never used it outside PvP, so I'll reserve judgement until I get to try it after work.

@Lily.1935 said:Necromancer. It is the worst designed class in the game. Come on now, don't make us wait another 6 years with this. Necromancer is always number 2 on these lists when it should be number 1 and its been that way since year one. Everyone always prioritizes other classes over necromancer when necromancer mechanically is an absolute mess. Ranger? Fine, doesn't need anything. Revenant needs more skills doesn't need a complete overhaul, Elementalist only needs number adjustments. Necromancer needs Life force reworked, shroud reworked, utilities reworked, Minions reworked, most trait lines need some major reworks, their weapons reworked, everything. The necromancer needs everything.

Necro has a functioning mechanic namely deathshroud. Sure tgese skills need improvements and the traits too but ranger despite its performance has a class mechanic that would be very versatile on paper but is very one sided in reality.

I do agree with you that necro needs work done. Especially the minions are in my opinion a let down and i would want a different minion mechanic depending on weaponskills and the possibility to sacrifice them with special skills that give different effects.

After that i have to say that revenant is fine with the weponskills but needs serious work on its traits and legendskills.The upkeeps are fine but atleast 1 legendskill is underused with exception of glint and shiro.

Necro has problems with weaponskills, shroud and some signets could get improvements too. The traits are sometimes good and sometimes just baf. Deathmagic could get improvements.

Ranger has 2 horrible grantmasters in wilderness survival, an antiswap synergy with sbeast, beastmastery is all over the place trait wise, Dagger OH is garbage, sword 2 clunky, axe OH immobile, staff has a bad 2 and 4, shortbow is bad without its trait and that trait is overly convoluted with stuff. Axe has still unsplitted power coefficients thus deals less dmg in PvE and Axe 3 is bad without its trait.Necro just got a trait that hypercharges a good skill to a fantastic one.Sure i agree that core necro performance is abyssmal but all its functionalities are not the problems with it.Problem is that most of core necro is not necessarily outright bad but just mediocre and cant excell in anything. That does not need not a mechanical overhaul like ranger pets would.

I don't want just one core professions reworked... The question is to restrictive, a lot of profession need something to be done to their core. Ranger's pets definitely need to be seriously worked on, necromancer's whole design and thematic need to be brought in line with other professions, Engineer and revenant definitely need work, even elementalist have urgent needs to be addressed.

How do you expect to chose one when there is so much in need to be done? When you see the balance patch leading all professions in the right direction, you usually have a smile. But when you realise how bad the path taken to move in this direction is, you just can't help but be disappointed.

Problem is that most of core necro is not necessarily outright bad but just mediocre and cant excell in anything. That does not need not a mechanical overhaul like ranger pets would.

I disagree with this statement, the core necromancer's mechanic and traits associated are as bad for the profession as the ranger's pet mechanism is for the ranger. For both, the mechanism is what make them mediocre. While ranger's is limited by the survivability of his pet, the natural survivability gained by the shroud limit the potential of the necromancer. Those are the only professions that are really hindered by their mechanisms.

I don't understand people who picked Elementalist. A "rework" implies that its core features need a redesign and that really, really isn't the case. Maybe more balance changes, sure, but absolutely not a rework. It's a unique, fun, versatile, and very strong profession. What's there to rework?

I suspect people who picked Mesmer actually mean "Chronomancer," and even more specifically, "make it less dominant as the end-all, be-all PvE support and tank." As a six-year Mesmer main (actually longer if you include GW1) and a big, big fan of Chronomancer, I agree with that--obviously perfect balance is impossible, but it's possible to close the gap between the best support and second-best, which is currently a huge gulf--but that's not really what this thread is about.

To me, the obvious answer is Necromancer. It's the profession that I think ArenaNet has struggled the most with ever since launch--it never seems to be where ArenaNet or players want it to be, and that's a shame.

Pistol / Pistol on thief.

Unload is way to cost intensive and it could use a little bit more damage (PvE only), the other 4 skills need a complete rework (make unload weapon skill one and then go from there), the weapon set is currently outclassed by rifle in every way and it has severe sustain / synergy issues.

@Tails.9372 said:Pistol / Pistol on thief.

Unload is way to cost intensive and it could use a little bit more damage (PvE only), the other 4 skills need a complete rework (make unload weapon skill one and then go from there), the weapon set is currently outclassed by rifle in every way and it has severe sustain / synergy issues.

Thiefs pistols #5 is one of the most usefull skills of the thief's weapon sets. Pistol #4 is a very good interrupt, maybe one of the best of the game since it's an istant interrupt. Pistol #2 lock your foe where it stand and increase incoming damage on it. AA isn't nearly as bad as it seem, it's even a bit stronger than the necromancer's non traited scepter AA.

Archived