Fractal Reward Track - Yes That's Right

Trevor Boyer.6524

Would be pretty awesome to be able to work towards fractal rewards/currencies while grinding some pvp reward tracks "doesn't need to be as rewarding as T4 dailies!" just would be nice for some of us older players that truly have no use for the other reward tracks. This would probably actually bring more traffic into spvp as well, which is something that the game mode REALLY needs like right now.

How about adding PvP rewards to Fractals, "for those older players that truly have no use for the other rewards"? Why stop at fractal rewards? Why not offer a raid reward track?

If the current reward tracks feel unrewarding, then I recommend that you offer ANet some idea of what unique rewards you'd like to see. It seems very unlikely that ANet would change course at this date and allow people to farm PvP for rewards designed to make fractals interesting. I think if ANet got a chance to do things over, WvW & PvP would no longer have dungeon reward tracks, and those skins would (again) be exclusive to dungeons.

There's an important design philosophy in offering certain rewards exclusive to certain parts of the game.

@Ashantara.8731 said:I'm not a fan of Fractals, yet need the attribute infusions. So I would welcome being able to get relics some other way than spending money (Tyrian Exchange Voucher from BLC) on them or having to grind WvW for its infusions.

You can get attribute infusions already. Ghostly infusions are the same functionality with a 10% premium in cost. WvW infusions are the same functionality, no aura, and cost only laurels and some WvW badges (which you should be getting from AP chests and can replenish by doing WvW dailies).

Besides that, if you aren't doing fractals or WvW, why do you 'need' attribute infusions?

Ive never gotten into fractals so when the skins were bugged and could be sold on the trading post for a day, I bought quite a few....

this how ever caused an outrage from the fractal community and they were almost instantly given new skins for the mistake... based off this, I highly doubt this great idea will ever see reality.

@Buran.3796 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:This should not happen. Dungeon reward tracks were a mistake already

Why? Dungeons are already abandoned content and one barely find people doing them. They killed the rewards from doing it and most of people aren't interested into playing them to get a few low quality skins...

Because it made the dungeoneer title absurd and killed dungeons even faster.

I think this is a great idea. The reward track can include the same amount of +1 infusions you get in the fractal daily chests and also like the AB track, offer a choice of the fractal/golden fractal weapons. I love to run fractals but it would be nice to see WvW and PVP get a reward track like we have for dungeons and maps.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Would be pretty awesome to be able to work towards fractal rewards/currencies while grinding some pvp reward tracks "doesn't need to be as rewarding as T4 dailies!" just would be nice for some of us older players that truly have no use for the other reward tracks. This would probably actually bring more traffic into spvp as well, which is something that the game mode REALLY needs like right now.

I do want fractal rewards, but at the same time I kind of want to actually have to go do fractals to get them. Fractals are a different beast than just straight dungeon currencies or thematic bags. Let PvE retain -some- allure.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:How about adding PvP rewards to Fractals, "for those older players that truly have no use for the other rewards"? Why stop at fractal rewards? Why not offer a raid reward track?

If the current reward tracks feel unrewarding, then I recommend that you offer ANet some idea of what unique rewards you'd like to see. It seems very unlikely that ANet would change course at this date and allow people to farm PvP for rewards designed to make fractals interesting. I think if ANet got a chance to do things over, WvW & PvP would no longer have dungeon reward tracks, and those skins would (again) be exclusive to dungeons.

There's an important design philosophy in offering certain rewards exclusive to certain parts of the game.

Hrm.. let's see.. while being reasonable, I'll try to make this somewhat comparable to like the AC reward track.

Tier 1:

• Insert random fractal monster loot box
  • 10 fractal relics
  • 32x +1 agony infusions
  • Fractal Encryption Key /w Box

Tier 2:

• 10 fractal relics
  • 32x +1 agony infusions
  • Pristine Fractal Relic

Tier 3:

• Page
  • 32x +1 agony infusions

Tier 4:

• 10 fractal relics
  • 32x +1 agony infusions
  • Pristine Fractal Relic

Tier 5:

• 10 fractal relics
  • 32x +1 agony infusions

Tier 6:

• 10 fractal relics
  • 32x +1 agony infusions
  • Pristine Fractal Relic

Tier 7:

• Page
  • 32x +1 agony infusions
  • Fractal Encryption /w Box

Tier 8:

• 10 fractal relics
  • 32x +1 agony infusions
  • Fractal Reward Box - Select 1 normal fractal weapon skin - Gain 1 gold weapon ticket thingy - Gain 1x T4 fractal daily completion box - Gain 5x Integrated Fractal Matrix

Results in a total of: 60x fractal relics - 3x pristine relics - 2x pages - 256 +1 agony infusions, enough to make a single +9 - 4x keys & boxes - 5x Integrated Fractal Matrix - and then whatever the T4 box drops. Something like this is in no way as lucrative as a single night of T4s/CMs/Recs and it would take A LOT longer to complete than a 45 minute to an hour nightly run of fractals. You can only run roughly 4 spvp matches in an hour, but it would give us something worth working for in the meantime while waiting for the next daily fractal reset. <- This would encourage A LOT of pve player base to start participating in spvp/wvw when those dailies are on cool-down. This is in my opinion exactly the kind of incentive the player base needs to get more involved in the competitive scene. And thing is, it's not like they are benefitting greatly from this. It's just a lil' bit more they can squeeze out from running spvp/wvw for an hour or two a day, instead of signing offline directly after they finish their normal pve dailies. Might I add that this isn't as "hit it & quit it" as the pvp wings were, where they join and get what they want in a month and leave the scene. This fractal track will be there for years to come while players are working towards those fractal titles, always encouraging them to participate for that little extra gain.

As far as a more pvp specific reward track, I'll give it some thought.

@Ashantara.8731 said:I'm not a fan of Fractals, yet need the attribute infusions. So I would welcome being able to get relics some other way than spending money (Tyrian Exchange Voucher from BLC) on them or having to grind WvW for its infusions.

do not need to stick to fractals too long to max them (near 20 infusions). u need first gold, to buy +9 agony infusions, then u farm fractals dailies or like 1 week, 1~2hrs a day, til u get 1500 fractals relics(trade pristine relics for regular relics to speed up), after u reach 1500 relics, then u sold +9 infusions. save around 400g and them u can make the attribute infusions (the total cost is around 20g each).

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:How about adding PvP rewards to Fractals, "for those older players that truly have no use for the other rewards"? Why stop at fractal rewards? Why not offer a raid reward track?

Hrm.. let's see.. while being reasonable, I'll try to make this somewhat comparable to like the AC reward track.

I get that you feel that you've run out of reward tracks that interest you, but that doesn't mean it's good for the game to allow people to skip doing fractals and receive the same rewards.

There's an interesting argument to be made that games shouldn't have exclusive rewards, but your central philosophy underlying this suggestion doesn't address that at all. Instead, your point is that PvPers run out of things to pursue. And while that might be true, there are lots of other ways to address that without undermining the rewards from other areas of the game.

Either the game has exclusive rewards, in which case they need to remain exclusive. Or the game doesn't, in which case, all currencies & rewards ought to become convertible. If anything in FotM is obtainable in PvP, then everything in PvP should be obtainable without fighting other players.

60x fractal relics - 3x pristine relics - 2x pages - 256 +1 agony infusions, enough to make a single +9 - 4x keys & boxes - 5x Integrated Fractal Matrix - and then whatever the T4 box drops

How does that address the issue of honoring the design choice of offering exclusive rewards in different game modes? Relics, pristine relics, integrated matrices, and especially fractal weapon skins are designed as specific to fractals, just as skirmish tickets, gift of battle, triumphant armor, obsidian weapons, are designed as exclusive to WvW. The fact that stuff would drop less quickly doesn't matter.

(FYI one non-random blue fractal weapon skin per reward track is a lot faster than what people get from doing T4 fractals. The gold ones seem to drop more frequently for some reason.)

Archived