Rising Banners of the Sunspear - best stat choice?

Corax.7692

Well I know it comes down to taste, but the choices here include some combinations so I figured I'd see what the community thinks. I am currently playing a condition soulbeast ranger with lots of Viper's gear, but it's my first level 80 toon and I have little experience with other professions yet. Viper's is not among the choices for this particular item.

I have not been doing Celestial for my gear, but on this back item it's a big greater total amount of stat points, and it might be good for splitting out with a druid build or on other toons, eventually. But for a condition build it seems the Rabid (+63 Condition Damage, +40 Toughness, +40 Precision), or Dire + Rabid combo is the best fit (+63 Condition Damage, +40 Toughness, +22 Vitality, +18 Precision). I don't know enough about Toughness vs. Vitality to judge that, however. Or Maybe Grieving for pure DPS....

@Sephylon.4938 said:best condi stat if you're going condi is viper. As for the banner, I'd say harrier for support builds, or any pof stat. There aren't alot of easily or repeatedly obtainable backpacks that give pof stat unlike how/core stats.

Viper isn't among the choices for this particular item (I updated the original post to make that clear). I will be looking for a Viper's backpack at some point, of course, but this thing landed in my lap so I have to figure the best choice from what's given.

Personally I picked Grieving and Harrier's for two of my PoF backpieces. Those are the more useful stat combinations from PoF imo and cannot be chosen on pre-PoF backpieces. I am (or will be) saving the other two in hopes that any new stats added during LS4 will be selectable (can Plague doctor be chosen? If so then I would expect them to add any future LS4 stats, otherwise not) or until I need them for another character.

If you have LS3 (specifically, Bitterfrost frontier) then you can use that to farm a Viper's backpiece. Winterberries are a great way to earn a HoT Accessory, Ring and Backpiece because they are gathered on a per-character basis instead of account. Of course you can only use one of each Ring/Accessory, so you'll need to find the others (and Amulet) elsewhere.

Thanks for the info! I do have LS3 but haven't started it yet. I think I will go Grieving for this item, because that's immediately useful, and if I get another I will pick Harrier's for a druid build or other support character (I am trying other professions out).

Archived