Legendary transmutation idea.

So I've got a specific look on my character, legendaries available do not match at all. I've axe torch staff all legendary, all different looks...I've transmuted over all 3, yes that's just nuts. But it all has to match - 3 scientific weapon skins, done. I know you could just throw the look on another ascended weapon but what if we had some super minor effect minus footfalls when transmuting over a legendary. At least you wouldn't feel like you lost quite so much, still have street cred/fashion wars status. Any ideas?

The problem I see with this is it's clearly designed to appeal to people who like some aspects of the legendary but not others. And chances are those people will all like different things. What if one person only likes the footsteps and wants to keep them and nothing else? But someone else hates the footsteps and wants to hide them and the other flashy effects and just keep the basic model? And a 3rd person wants to hide everything except the glow/particle effect around your arm when you're holding it?

How are Anet supposed to decide which aspects of the legendaries appearance to keep and which to hide? And is it worth doing that when it will please a minority of a minority of players and disappoint at least as many? The alternative is building a whole legendary customisation system where they split the effects up and create a new wardrobe UI so players can customise which they show...but that would be a lot of work for, again something which will only appeal to a small number of players.

Also for what it's worth I think a well put together outfit counts for more than simply having a legendary for the sake of it. I've got a whole folder of screenshots of other people's characters who caught my eye for one reason or another (name, look, what they were doing at the time etc.) and while some of them have legendaries none of them are there simply for having one - it has to suit the character and look good with everything else they're wearing.

What if one person only likes the footsteps and wants to keep them and nothing else?Then give them their own fashion slot (like it should have been from the beginning), some foodprints already don't match the legendary thematically and it would give players a new incentive to go after legendaries they otherwise wouldn't have cared about. Same with projectile animations (in general, not just for legendaries).

Archived