Massive lag spike from SEA region

I've been getting massive lag spikes which would skyrocket up to 1000ping during fights and fractals. Is there any reason for this lagspike or is it just me? My internet runs fine but the constant lagspike and rubberbanding is ridiculous, I would also get this error regularly "Game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server".

There's a lot of internet between you & ANet; the net is built in a way that multiple companies handle your traffic and any one of them could be dropping the ball. So regardless of what others are experiencing (good or bad), your situation needs its own troubleshooting:

• Open a Support Ticket
  • Run PingPlotter or something similar to collect data for ANet and add that to your ticket.
  • Optional: also post screens/results on the forums (sometimes a fellow player can diagnose the issue)
  • Optional: try your own troubleshooting

Previous comments by ANet Support about thow they troubleshoot.

GMMagister wrote on Reddit (emphasis added)one of the first things support does for connectivity/lag issues is run a ping test which shows the speeds and packet loss on every step of the way from your computer to our servers. If this test shows the AWS servers behaving poorly, the agents should be escalating the tickets to me in the main office so I can chat with the server team.

However, if they are giving you other instructions, then there's probably high ping times or packet loss on the hops within your network that we're trying to resolve first. Even if it's not the only thing at work, we still need to remove the possibility first since it can muddy the data that we get from the servers further down the line.

I can't speak for every agent since we get newbies occasionally who might still make mistakes (yes, we employ human beings - please be nice to them!), but in general this is the process that should be followed.

I've been having the same issues and thought it might have just been me. The only difference is I can't see my ping spiking. When it starts to lag and I hit F11 to watch my ping and it doesn't move up or down then about a minute later I disconnect. Thought it might have only been fractals as it was happening 99% of the time there but I had it happen once shortly after I logged into a character based in Lions Arch.

Archived