Balthazar fight

Ramoth.5162

Just went through the Balthazar fight. Hadn't checked the guides so, it was a fun filled mess of dying and restarting from checkpoint until I could get the gist of it. Spent a lot of time getting out of the downed state. Then, finally killed Balthazar, and dc'ed during the cut scene......Nice waste of 25 minutes.

@Ramoth.5162 said:Just went through the Balthazar fight. Hadn't checked the guides so, it was a fun filled mess of dying and restarting from checkpoint until I could get the gist of it. Spent a lot of time getting out of the downed state. Then, finally killed Balthazar, and dc'ed during the cut scene......Nice waste of 25 minutes.

send a ticket in

Honestly I found the balthazar fights (all of them) the most boring fights in this expansion. 90% of the fight is just 'balthazar does floor pattern aoes' with the remaining 10% being "Batlhazar moves to a different spot to do more floor pattern AoEs"

It was OK the first time, but by the third time of doing the exact same fight I was bored. I groaned audibly when I realized that the "final form" of the last boss was going to be the same boring fight I'd already done twice.

They could have at least reused a more interesting fight. The LS fight with his hounds was more fun. Fighting his herald was more fun. Heck most of the other fights were more fun.

Welcome to playing games without cheating and reading guides lol. It brings great memories. Learned it without any help which is a great thing, better then get 20 people and finish in 10 seconds. Get work in. Cause there will be times that u won't have someone to help. Now you know the taste of beating something in gw2. The hard, the grind, the anger, The finger cramps, And the woosah when you beat that part. It's what makes a great game.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@killermanjaro.5670 said:Should probably mark this up as spoilers really! (I've finished story so doesn't bother me, but others haven't so could be quite a big spoiler to them)

Why is the DCing part of the features of the fight?

What? I'm saying it should be marked as spoilers as the OP mentions killing Balthazar, and while the majority of us probably assumed that's how things would end up, there's numerous other ways the Balthazar situation could have ended, so stating that Balthazar is killed could be quite a big spoiler to some.

That day, I played about 18 hours straight, then I went in to complete story, I wanted to complete battle and save final encounter for later, but no, it immediately ported me to final battle, i was so tired and exhausted, i had to complete it otherwise a repeat would not be cool. I did it on first try. I don't know how i did it with all that tiredness.

I hated this fight. It was boring and I couldn't figure out what all the dialogue was about. They kept talking about Kralkatorrik and I didn't have a clue what that had to do with anything. Turns out, there was a huge dragon head up in the sky doing stuff for most of the fight. What the kitten kind of nonsense is that?

Why put something in the sky if you can't afford taking your eyes off the floor for even a split-second? I actually played through the whole fight without realizing some of the ridiculous amount of effects were caused by an elder dragon instead of a god, only realizing what had been going on when Balthazar finally croaked and I finally had the opportunity to raise my camera angle. Ridiculous design.

• 1 month later...

I had finished with Balthazar, his health bar turned all red. And just as that happened, the server zonked me out, message said return in a few minutes. That fight took an hour. When I logged back in, I was at the point of entering into the fight again, going up the stairs to enter arena, but was killed by enemies and had to port to waypoint.

Needless to say, this has totally soured me on GW2. I need to calm down.

I entered a ticket to support. I doubt there is anything they can do, but it would be nice if they could give me credit for that fight. I suppose something continues there, so I'm finished.

I watched above video, and I guess I just finished the first fight with Balthazar. I didn't know there was a dragon above me. Sad that when I logged back in, I was in a good spot to re-enter the fight, but there were enemies there that finished me off.

I didn't have much of a problem with it myself. Then again, I did do it on a Daredevil, and Daredevils don't die due to all the dodges. The hardest part of the fight was getting all of the achievements in one go. At one point I went down, instantly got back up, and accidentally used the sword attacks instead of my regular weapon.

@blambidy.3216 said:Welcome to playing games without cheating and reading guides lol. It brings great memories. Learned it without any help which is a great thing, better then get 20 people and finish in 10 seconds. Get work in. Cause there will be times that u won't have someone to help. Now you know the taste of beating something in gw2. The hard, the grind, the anger, The finger cramps, And the woosah when you beat that part. It's what makes a great game.

I think you are missing the "disconnect" part.

@CharterforGw.3149 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@killermanjaro.5670 said:Should probably mark this up as spoilers really! (I've finished story so doesn't bother me, but others haven't so could be quite a big spoiler to them)

Why is the DCing part of the features of the fight?

the "killed him" is a spoiler

Anyone going through this broken, disconnecting mess of personal stories without looking at a guide is nuts

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:I hated this fight. It was boring and I couldn't figure out what all the dialogue was about. They kept talking about Kralkatorrik and I didn't have a clue what that had to do with anything. Turns out, there was a huge dragon head up in the sky doing stuff for most of the fight. What the kitten kind of nonsense is that?

Why put something in the sky if you can't afford taking your eyes off the floor for even a split-second? I actually played through the whole fight without realizing some of the ridiculous amount of effects were caused by an elder dragon instead of a god, only realizing what had been going on when Balthazar finally croaked and I finally had the opportunity to raise my camera angle. Ridiculous design.

While I agree that some better build up might have been beneficial, I'm sorry to say, if you haven't been paying attention to the story so far, don't expect a summary right before the final battle.

Balthazars plans for Kralkatorik were made very clear throught the story and your reason for stopping him exactly when you do is also well explained earlier. It's the main reason and only reason even why we bither with stopping Balthazar in the first place.

Didn't experience dc's, however my friend and I encountered another very frustrating issue with PoF story chain. If you accidentally ventured outside the zone (we are talking just stepping over the boundary lines) you were immediately kicked from the instance as soon as the warning message popped. Very unforgiving that way and not just a little bit frustrating. I can't remember it being like that with any other story. In previous stories you'd get the warning and you'd be given a few seconds to move your character back into the zone. With PoF, no such grace period.