Black Lion Chest - Mini Exo-Suit Mounts Pack drop rate bugged?

I am really starting to wonder if the Mini Exo-Suit Mounts Pack can drop from the black lion chest or if it is truly a Uncommon drop rate. I have opened 101 chests with normal keys, and 6 with Golden keys but it still has not dropped. In the past with these mini packs, I usually get it within 50ish keys. Granted maybe I have been super lucky but I am really starting to wonder if something is wrong.

Based on data for 500 keys from @"Lasiurus.4067", we have the following numbers

• Super Rare: 0%
  • Rare: 3.4% (included 9 BL weapon skins)
  • Uncommon drops: 5.6% (included 20 BL weapon skins)

From 100 keys, that means 5-7 keys unless you're lucky (and fewer if you aren't). With ~20 possible uncommon drops, I doubt 100 is enough to come close to guaranteeing an unlock, unless the drop chances for the mini pack is a lot more than that for the weapon skins, bl claim tickets, or the other two account-bound unlocks.

If you're able to wait, so far all BL-chest exclusive drops have eventually become available through some other, non-RNG mechanic, often through the statuettes.

So buy BL Keys for the excitement that comes just before opening, and not to get any specific drop. For example, buy 25 twice a month and then save up statuettes for later.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing more than a bit of bad luck, sorry :( In all of GW2 I think I only ever once bought keys from the gemstore long ago during a sale, but I got 2 of those Exo-Suit Mini-Packs just from a few personal story keys. I neither collect nor ever use any minis, so I wish they were actually as rare as you think now, maybe then instead I would have gotten something useful to me. Too much in those chests is accountbound which is annoying in my opinion.

@Mistress Elemental.3750 said:omg, sold off several assets I was saving and converted another 675g for 25 more keys....last 3 keys, I finally got it. Uncommon my %$#.

Glad you finally got it.

Just as a reminder for others:

• There's barely a 1-in-10 chance of getting any uncommon (or better) item
  • Lots of people will open 100 chests and get less than the expected 10.
  • Even if you get an uncommon drop, there are many of them; it's still a low chance that you'll get the uncommon item that you covet.

In other words, spend on keys for their entertainment value, not to get something specific. (And a simple way to ensure you do so is by limiting the amount you spend on keys, whether time grinding gold or RL cash.)

Archived