Give me a Scepter/Warhorn tempest build

bara yaoi.3824

I played a troll build during HoT. Scepter, warhorn, Air/Arcane/Tempest. Main focus was to survive - and burst people with Air 4/5, arcane skills and overloads. It was fun against some people who weren't expecting it, but it was (and is) far from being meta.

I don't remember the exact build... Air(3/2 or 3/any), Arcane(2/3/2), Tempest(3/3/1) or so. Ether Renewal, Blink, Arcane Shield, Arcane Blast... FGS I guess. Give it a try.^^

@Megametzler.5729 said:I played a troll build during HoT. Scepter, warhorn, Air/Arcane/Tempest. Main focus was to survive - and burst people with Air 4/5, arcane skills and overloads. It was fun against some people who weren't expecting it, but it was (and is) far from being meta.

I don't remember the exact build... Air(3/2 or 3/any), Arcane(2/3/2), Tempest(3/3/1) or so. Ether Renewal, Blink, Arcane Shield, Arcane Blast... FGS I guess. Give it a try.^^

is there one for pve?

@bara yaoi.3824 said:

@Megametzler.5729 said:I played a troll build during HoT. Scepter, warhorn, Air/Arcane/Tempest. Main focus was to survive - and burst people with Air 4/5, arcane skills and overloads. It was fun against some people who weren't expecting it, but it was (and is) far from being meta.

is there one for pve?

PVE?! There is no real competition there! :lol:

Talking about serious fracs or just open world? Change Air for Fire and you have some serious might stacking possibilities. Due to crappy AAs, the damage will be mediocre though, I guess. But overload Fire, DT and Phoenix, and you can clear a lot of veteran mobs in seconds. Didn't D/Wh used to be meta with FA once during HoT?

€: Damn, now I am thinking about respeccing to that crap myself. Just for the lolz. :wink:

For Fractals:

The build features Might and Fury stacking through the roof with greater-than-druid cleansing and healing. Personal DPS through bursts of damage makes up for the offensive support that a druid could provide and more Marshal pieces can be taken depending on your confidence.

Engage fights with Dragon's Tooth -> Wild Fire -> Phoenix -> Overload Fire -> Dragon's Tooth -> Heat Sync -> Sand Squall using Feel the Burn, Flash Freeze and Wash the Pain away in between healing as needed, then keeping everyone topped off with Water skills, Overloading and Ice Bow 1 waiting out until the Feel the Burn, Flash Freeze and Wash the Pain comes back off cooldown and rinse and repeat. Help breakbar with Cyclone or Ice Bow's Deep Freeze. REMEMBER TO PICK UP SECOND ICE BOW or you might find yourself lacking in healing coverage and make it clear to the party that you might wipe if someone takes it by accident.

The site's not been updated with the patched traits but Smoldering Aura is used instead of One with Fire.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJBLhdSfJ0fJWhJY9AwhJWGAM3V7r92GEAiAFAitQW4SC-jhhXABxq+ToPAQPAA7PAtSQdPBABr8jUA+NyC-e

@Nepster.4275 said:You can see the build at the end of the video

That build is also one of the strongest open world and pug fractal builds right now. Completely underrated in fractals.It is quite mobile compared to staff and has faster burst and doesn't require the stationary meteor channel. Also comes with stability and protection spam.

Seems like all tempest needed was an air traitline buff. But seriously this build makes fractals like Twilight oasis or Deepstone almost enjoyable.

Archived