I think we won't be seeing any nerfs to Reaper

EremiteAngel.9765

This is why I think there won't be any major nerfs to Reaper for at least the next 6 months to a year from a WvW perspective.

TLDR:

• 1year+ after HOT, Reaper reached TOP form with Deathly chill based Condi hybrid
  • 8 mths later changed to accommodate for POF Scourge.
  • 1year after POF, Reaper reaching TOP form with Power bruiser
  • Will be another year or so before we get changed for the new expansion elite

Think back to Feb 2017. About 1 year plus after the introduction of Reapers in HOT, Deathly chill was changed to 3 bleeds on chill application. Coupled with a 7 seconds shroud CD, that was arguably the apex form of condi/hybrid Reaper. It faced a ton of complaints but lasted for 8 months before it was changed to accommodate the advent of Scourge.

About 1 year now after the coming of Scourge, we are finally seeing Reaper move back closer to its apex form albeit as a Power/bruiser type this time.

My thoughts are that this form will last for at least a year as per the previous chill bleed cycle, till we near the next expansion.

And no, neither the previous chill bleed meta nor the current power spike are remotely OP. We have only been brought on a closer platform to all the other classes who can spike as hard or even harder than us.

IDK, man... that's what the Heralds (Rev's) said until...

•Revenant:•Facet of Chaos—Chaotic Release: The cooldown of this skill has been split between game modes. It now has a 20-second cooldown in PvE and a 45-second cooldown in competitive modes.

NOTE: this came just 4 hours after the release of the update on 8/28 that said the following in the release notes:

Facet of Chaos—Chaotic Release: ....the recharge time of this skill has been reduced from 45 seconds to 20 seconds in PvE and WvW.

I hope you're right, but I'm not holding my breath! :lol:Anet took that shit away with the quickness!!! :wink:

Archived