Geomancer Glider and it's greatness..

Lazarus.4105

I see the appeal of this glider and yeah, it's kind of awesome. I'm just soured a little by the trend to introduce new bigger and flashier gliders after following a few HP trains lately. A single one is super fun and looks great, but most of the time others are around you when gliding, even if it's not a coordinated group. You never know when there's someone behind you trying to make the same landing that I am now obscuring. I find that I feel guilty using my raven glider in general and won't pull it out anymore, so I certainly won't be getting this one. (even if I secretly crave it's glory)

@Lazarus.4105 said:So I made a little preview of the new glider! Isn't it great?

Personally I think the gliders that are not really gliders are better. Your thoughts?

Terrible. I can't stand having flashy stuff being pushed in my face. Having people in front of you using those oversized, overly flashy gliders is really painful for the eyes (and causes headaches for some people).

The worst part, though, is the inconvenience of not being able to see what's in front of you, hence missing a target spot where you wanted to land. It's as bad as with all those oversized, flashy back items (especially having someone wearing them during jumping puzzles).

I bought the glider, and like it, but it's one that I will only be using for special occasions. The problem with many of the coolest-looking gliders is that they block your own view when you are trying to make a tricky landing. Nothing like being in a jumping puzzle, trying to perch on a tricky ledge, and suddenly having a face full of oriental carpet and no visibility at all. Fortunately there are low-key gliders you can switch to for planned activities, but if you are unexpectedly attempting to land in a tight spot, it seems to me that staring into a flaming ball of rock would make things that much more difficult.

Its neat looking overall, but... its really huge. I mean, riding a meteor it can't be super tiny or it'd look ridiculous, but I feel like it could have been a little smaller at least.

Also, the name is just unfitting IMO. I mean, technically yes, its a rock and that's technically geomancy of a sort. But lets be honest here, its a meteor. Why not just call it the Meteor Glider? I was expecting something completely different when I first saw the name (something more like just surfing on a slab of rock, kind of like Tempest Earth Overload except floating).

Archived