The light green text that is often used in GW2 contrasts poorly with any background color that isn't relatively dark. I find it hard to read the names of non-agressive NPCs, both above their heads and above their health bars. I can understand that the name over their heads might not look right with a black box around it, but couldn't we at least have a black box behind the name above their health bar?

The red text of aggressive NPCs and PCs is not quite as bad as light green, but it's still bad. I honestly usually don't know the name of whatever it is I'm killing.

Taimi's radio communications text is light green on white in the in-game text bubbles. This is unreadable contrast. Never do this again, just use black text. At least her text goes to the chat window so I can read it there.

These issues are exacerbated in areas where the environment tends to be lighter in shade, for example most of PoF.

To add to this: the one I find hard to read is the red "time-remaining" information in Verdant Brink that shows how long until daybreak or until nightfall. It becomes a sort of red blob on my display unless I squint hard at it. (This might be related to its small size on my 4K screen - maybe I need to turn up the UI scaling.)

I haven't had any issues with text color contrast. I think your problem runs a little deeper, such as improper video settings, a faulty monitor, or undiagnosed color blindness. In the last case, nvidia drivers apparently include color blind settings. I'm not certain about other drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived