Roll back duo q in high ranked again

Jalal.6783

High ranking plat games are way too steamrolly when there is a duo q on the enemy team. They usually play 2 cc heavy, high damage burst, and mobility classes such as holo thief and absolutely wreck everything and are everywhere at once. It was a good try arenanet but now the quality of games is absolutely down the gutter when there is a duo q. The rare times the games aren't lost from the first mid fight, it is still the duo q is smashing and one shotting people all game so regardless of the win, it's not fun and no one enjoys being on the receiving end of that just so 2 players can enjoy the game and ruin it for the other 5. Ruins the solo q experience.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually agree with the OP post now that I've experienced duo que after solo que only and ATs, where 5 man premade MUST go against only other 5 man premades. All in all, solo que only forces fair playing ground in the aspect that everyone is a solo que. Then in ATs, it forces fair ground in the aspect that a 5 man premade must fight other 5 man premades. Any time there is a mixed que, it allows natural imbalances in at least this aspect as such. With duo que, wintrading is also much more obnoxious to contend against.

This is actually good thing. Players just need to adjust.

Because of the solo queue restriction, a lot of players have developed a "solo queue mentality" where they're playing for themselves and not really coordinating as a team nor aiming for objectives as a team. Those players are also playing builds which are strong solo but not necessarily great as a team.Re-introducing duo queue to high levels allows people who have good teamplay and coordination to shine. And in a team-based format, that's a good thing.

According to Anet duo que did not have a higher chance of winning than solo. I do not have a reason not to believe them. Though, I think it causes more one sided games. And all else held equal, the team with voice communication is always going to have an advantage.

Regardless of the winning percentage, it most definitely screws royally with the match making. I personally think it should be eliminated from ranked completely (irrespective of rating).

@"Amaranthe.3578" said:I think you guys are misguided and absurd, youre playing a mmorppg, youre supposed to que up with other people and form parties yourself and not look for a solo experience O_O"

The flaw with that "logic" being a 5 man team (10 man game) in its own little instance is not MMORPG either, MMORPGs are meant to be 'massively multiplayer' (the clue is in the name), a teams of 5 is a co-op (normal multiplayer) game and as for being in an instance outside of the persistent world...

If I read this right.... You still win against these duo's but it's purely unfun to get focused by them?

I'd say getting focused in general isn't fun but meh, lets blame the duo because that's easier.

Only Anet would know, But I feel like the population has grown this season already, my matches are popping quick as and the overall quality of these games have drastically improved since last season. I'm not getting kicked into Gold by the top 20 players, I was rank 178 as solo queue and fighting players who were ranked 180 and 160... That's great to me, being able to beat or lose to similar skilled players.

@zinkz.7045 said:

@"Amaranthe.3578" said:I think you guys are misguided and absurd, youre playing a mmorppg, youre supposed to que up with other people and form parties yourself and not look for a solo experience O_O"

The flaw with that "logic" being a 5 man team (10 man game) in its own little instance is not MMORPG either, MMORPGs are meant to be 'massively multiplayer' (the clue is in the name), two teams of 5 is a co-op (normal multiplayer) game and as for being in an instance outside of the persistent world...

Guild Wars 2 is a game, that game is a MMO and everything in that game is part of the MMO experience....

But let me understand your logic... If I'm playing with 30 friends, its MMO... But if I choose to party with some of them for PvP, Dungeons, fractals, raids or for any content in this game, then it is no longer an MMO game I'm playing?

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:I only played something like 12 games so far, but almost all of them were of better quality than previous season. More engaging and entertaining. But yeh, I DuoQ'd myself. Previous season I felt that even when I 1v3'd all game I could still lose. Now I feel a much better impact on the game.

Are you saying that is because you DuoQ? Or just mere coincidence this season?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

The flaw with that "logic" being a 5 man team (10 man game) in its own little instance is not MMORPG either, MMORPGs are meant to be 'massively multiplayer' (the clue is in the name), two teams of 5 is a co-op (normal multiplayer) game and as for being in an instance outside of the persistent world...

Guild Wars 2 is a game, that game is a MMO and everything in that game is part of the MMO experience....

But let me understand your logic... If I'm playing with 30 friends, its MMO... But if I choose to party with some of them for PvP, Dungeons, fractals, raids or for any content in this game, then it is no longer an MMO game I'm playing?

No not my point at all.

@zinkz.7045 said:

No not my point at all.

but you said that being in a PvP match is only 10 people which to you is just a regular normal multiplayer game, so off that logic raids and dungeons and fractals or anything that involved partying up with with friends would also fit that description.

Which means... If I'm with 30 friends in the mists and making PvP teams, I'm not playing MMO... to play MMO, I would have to go to a world boss with 30 strangers I've never seen or spoken too just to fit into your ideals of MMO gameplay.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

No not my point at all.

but you said that being in a PvP match is only 10 people which to you is just a regular normal multiplayer game, so off that logic raids and dungeons and fractals or anything that involved partying up with with friends would also fit that description.

My point was about the other person's "logic", that if solo queuing doesn't fit the definition of an MMORPG, then on that basis neither does instanced 10 man content.

@SatdeNecro.2395 said:

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:I only played something like 12 games so far, but almost all of them were of better quality than previous season. More engaging and entertaining. But yeh, I DuoQ'd myself. Previous season I felt that even when I 1v3'd all game I could still lose. Now I feel a much better impact on the game.

Are you saying that is because you DuoQ? Or just mere coincidence this season?

I think it is because I DuoQ'd yes.

Archived