Lets talk about Superior Sigil of Bloodlust

Evil.1580

Currently, professions which can swap weapons can put the sigil in their secondary weapon set, build the 25 stacks and keep these stacks while playing with their primary weapon/s.This makes their primary weapons benefit from 3 sigil effects.How is this balanced and fair compared to professions which can't swap weapons, like the ele?

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Let me copy paste some info about this from the wiki, guys. As it looks like you might be confused.

1st: What is a sigil:"A sigil is a type of upgrade component used in weapons."source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil

2nd: What does an upgrade component?"Upgrade components confer additional benefits (such as increased attributes or effects added to attacks) while wielding that piece."source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Upgrade_component

3rd: What does "wielding" mean?verbgerund or present participle: wieldinghold and use (a weapon or tool)."a masked raider wielding a handgun"

With that said we can safetly say that we are not wielding the 2nd weapon set while we are wielding the 1st one. AKA the wiki itself confirms that it is not working as intended. Or are you saying you don't agree with the facts and you are defending this exploit?

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Holly kitten, it is written right here:

"Sigils have a variety of effects, such as attacks which trigger on critical hits, and attribute bonuses which increase as the player kills more enemies without being downed or switching to a weapon set that lacks the sigil."Source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Upgrade_component

Anet, please FIX!!!

P.S. kitten, I'm sooo good :)@"bOTEB.1573" said:"A sigil affects all skills while the weapon set with the sigil is active."This means that the sigil shouldn't affect any skills while the weapon set with the sigil isn't active.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFAIK classes that don't weapons swap during fights are either niche, 1 weapon campers (cause they can or want to), or longbow rangers in WvW. Please forgive me if I left you out.Also, from that view, those that do weapon swap, only have 1 sigil on their 2nd set. How is that balanced and fair compared to professions that have to constantly swap their weapons, like the warrior or the guardian?In addition, they would need to have a sigil on one of their underwater weapons to avoid losing the stacks.Before they changed it, you kept your Bloodlust even if you changed your weapon. So you could get your stacks on a staff, then change it to a staff with Sigil of Force/Strength/etc.

It's fine...

@Hoon.1524 said:AFAIK classes that don't weapons swap during fights are either niche, 1 weapon campers (cause they can or want to), or longbow rangers in WvW. Please forgive me if I left you out.Also, from that view, those that do weapon swap, only have 1 sigil on their 2nd set. How is that balanced and fair compared to professions that have to constantly swap their weapons, like the warrior or the guardian?In addition, they would need to have a sigil on one of their underwater weapons to avoid losing the stacks.Before they changed it, you kept your Bloodlust even if you changed your weapon. So you could get your stacks on a staff, then change it to a staff with Sigil of Force/Strength/etc.

It's fine...

No its not fine...You want to tell me that swapping to a weapon that doesn't have the sigil, should benefit from this sigil. There are many many builds (most of which are in the meta) that ONLY use their primary weapon sets for damage and their secondary for mobility and utility which makes them have an unfair advantage against other professions without the option to swap weapons.

@LaGranse.8652 said:Just cleave down some trash mobs while on your second set for 25 stacks and then swap to the main set? Problem solved. You can even wait on swapping until they are just about to die.

That is what I am talking about? But some professions don't have the second set, aka they can't have these 25 stacks.I play power shatter Mesmer and it is disgusting how overpowerful this is.25 stacks should be removed when you swap to a weapon that doesn't have it. It is already happening when you get in the water as Hoon said and I am pretty sure this is not working as intended or if it is - should be changed ASAP!

@"bOTEB.1573" said:25 stacks should be removed when you swap to a weapon that doesn't have it. It is already happening when you get in the water as Hoon said and I am pretty sure this is not working as intended or if it is - should be changed ASAP!

The 25 stacks dissapear when you go underwater only if your 2 underwater sets lack the sigil. Have a bloodlust sigil on a water weapon set and it should not reset to 0.

@LaGranse.8652 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:25 stacks should be removed when you swap to a weapon that doesn't have it. It is already happening when you get in the water as Hoon said and I am pretty sure this is not working as intended or if it is - should be changed ASAP!

The 25 stacks dissapear when you go underwater only if your 2 underwater sets lack the sigil. Have a bloodlust sigil on a water weapon set and it should not reset to 0.

Thank you for confirming the cheesing and exploiting of this mechanic!

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@Hoon.1524 said:AFAIK classes that don't weapons swap during fights are either niche, 1 weapon campers (cause they can or want to), or longbow rangers in WvW. Please forgive me if I left you out.Also, from that view, those that do weapon swap, only have 1 sigil on their 2nd set. How is that balanced and fair compared to professions that have to constantly swap their weapons, like the warrior or the guardian?In addition, they would need to have a sigil on one of their underwater weapons to avoid losing the stacks.Before they changed it, you kept your Bloodlust even if you changed your weapon. So you could get your stacks on a staff, then change it to a staff with Sigil of Force/Strength/etc.

It's fine...

No its not fine...You want to tell me that swapping to a weapon that doesn't have the sigil, should benefit from this sigil. There are many many builds (most of which are in the meta) that ONLY use their primary weapon sets for damage and their secondary for mobility and utility which makes them have an unfair advantage against other professions without the option to swap weapons.

Yes it is fine. It's balanced around just this.

Your assumption about weapon set camping is flawed, almost no end game build where a person wants to maximize performance will camp on 1 weapon set.

WvW being no exception since having a Bloodlust Sigil on your offhand set prevents you from using other useful support sigils for example. If Arenanet was under the same impression as you, they would have reduced the amount of stats granted by the Sigil.

As for the 2 classes which are affected by not having access to 2 weapon sets (engineer and elementalist), they are balanced around only having access to 1 weapon set. While this might not take into account a Superior Sigil of Bloodlust, the benefits the classes get (20 skills instead of 10 for elementalist and massive utility for engineer) way outperforms some possible stats from an offset Sigil. Last I checked, Engineer and Elementalist were never bottom tier in WvW and if they were it was certainly not due to lack of access to SoB.

@Blocki.4931 said:That's not an exploit...

And yes, having more weapon skills IS the trade off for that. Besides, this is such a minor issue because it's only relevant in PvE anyway.

There is no trade off for that.LOL @ minor issue and PVE only relevant. Have you heard of the current ranger WvW, sniping around? Plus, I am playing WvW power shatter Mesmer and I shred everything with this!!!It is + 250 power if you can't do the math.

@Cyninja.2954 said:Elementalist were never bottom tier in WvW

Somehow you lost me here...

@Cyninja.2954 said:WvW being no exception since having a Bloodlust Sigil on your offhand set prevents you from using other useful support sigils for example.

Current ranger and few more builds arent exceptions?Sry, lost me again...You, clearly, don't know what you are talking about.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@Blocki.4931 said:That's not an exploit...

And yes, having more weapon skills IS the trade off for that. Besides, this is such a minor issue because it's only relevant in PvE anyway.

There is no trade off for that.
LOL @ minor issue and PVE only relevant.
Have you heard of the current ranger WvW, sniping around? Plus, I am playing WvW power shatter Mesmer and I shred everything with this!!!It is + 250 power if you can't do the math.

So two gimmick builds which die when pressured in an 50+ vs 50+ environment is your argument for calling balance? Good to know.

Shatter Mesmer and sniping ranger are not even used in zerg vs zerg and will die to any competent roamer.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:I play power shatter Mesmer and it is disgusting how overpowerful this is.

That's cause it's mesmer, is pretty broken af atm in small scale. But in larger fights, particularly in WvW, where almost everyone is tanky af, 250 power turns my 1k autos into 1.5k autos... very broken...

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:WvW being no exception since having a Bloodlust Sigil on your offhand set prevents you from using other useful support sigils for example.

Current ranger and few more builds arent exceptions?Sry, lost me again...You, clearly, don't know what you are talking about.

Yes, I'm the one not knowing what I'm talking about.

If you think shatter mesmer is performing okay in roaming due to the SoB, then you don't understand where the classes synergies lie. Shatter mesmer in its current form would perform just as well without SoB, and that has more to do with how GS 2 and blink can setup great bursts on bad players. Any competent roamer will mop the floor with you.

@Hoon.1524 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:I play power shatter Mesmer and it is disgusting how overpowerful this is.

That's cause it's mesmer, is pretty broken af atm in small scale. But in larger fights, particularly in WvW, where almost everyone is tanky af, 250 power turns my 1k autos into 1.5k autos... very broken...

Great passive bonus, eh ? <3

The 250 power from bloodlust is nothing compared to a lot of skills or even the food/utility buffs. Most high end builds are not relying on the bloodlust sigil for damage. A force sigil and air sigil are a lot more reliable power that you never lose when dying. Mirage is still overtuned, like a lot of PoF stuff, but the sigil of bloodlust is NOT the problem. It's not even A problem in wvw.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

Yes, I'm the one not knowing what I'm talking about.

If you think shatter mesmer is performing okay in roaming due to the SoB, then you don't understand where the classes synergies lie. Shatter mesmer in its current form would perform just as well without SoB, and that has more to do with how GS 2 and blink can setup great bursts on bad players. Any competent roamer will mop the floor with you.

Bro stay on the point...You want to keep your 3 sigils on 1 set of weapons and I understand you but it's not balanced and should be nerfed.

@Ubi.4136 said:The 250 power from bloodlust is nothing compared to a lot of skills or even the food/utility buffs. Most high end builds are not relying on the bloodlust sigil for damage. A force sigil and air sigil are a lot more reliable power that you never lose when dying. Mirage is still overtuned, like a lot of PoF stuff, but the sigil of bloodlust is NOT the problem. It's not even A problem in wvw.

Good, then removing this shouldn't be a problem at all for you.Seems like people aren't using it, so they won't notice if something like that is changed, right?

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@Ubi.4136 said:The 250 power from bloodlust is nothing compared to a lot of skills or even the food/utility buffs. Most high end builds are not relying on the bloodlust sigil for damage. A force sigil and air sigil are a lot more reliable power that you never lose when dying. Mirage is still overtuned, like a lot of PoF stuff, but the sigil of bloodlust is NOT the problem. It's not even A problem in wvw.

Good, then removing this shouldn't be a problem at all for you.Seems like people aren't using it, so they won't notice if something like that is changed, right?

I'm guessing you are ok with removing the corruption sigil too? Or the stars sigil? Any of the +stat sigils?Food and utility buffs can actually make annoying builds totally broken/unbalanced, so all food and utility buffs should be removed from wvw too...right?If your only complaint is you are killing too many people playing mirage, and you think it's your bloodlust sigil that is the problem, you need to reevaluate some things.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

I'm guessing you are ok with removing the corruption sigil too? Or the stars sigil? Any of the +stat sigils?Food and utility buffs can actually make annoying builds totally broken/unbalanced, so all food and utility buffs should be removed from wvw too...right?If your only complaint is you are killing too many people playing mirage, and you think it's your bloodlust sigil that is the problem, you need to reevaluate some things.

Any sigil that benefits a weapon set which it is not in, should be changed so it doesn't buff itWe are talking about the sigil of 2nd weapon set that benefits the 1st weapon set, not about the food.

@Hoon.1524 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Great passive bonus, eh ? <3

Doesn't mean it's the best choice and there are likely better choices... This is just my choice.

Run it or don't. Not that hard...

It is best in slot bonus for a lot of builds, which are mainly using their 1st weapon set or dealing the damage with it while using the 2nd weapon set for escape/mobility

Archived