Game Launcher Change

Xar.1387

In my opinion current game launcher should be changed. At this point it just shows some news (most ppl probably ignore them and just click play, cause it dont look interesting to check).Launcher should be bigger and inform much better about things that happens in GW2. Videos that were made. Events that started. Etc etc. Even show our daily progress. Or other things that make people login.Informing players about things is very important. Especially nowadays. While online forums arent so popular as they were in the past.It would be so easy - just check ur game launcher and know everything what's important about game. Rather than searching forums, game site, reddit, facebook, twitter and some mmorpg's sites. Most of people dont do it nowadays.U can even pin some livestreams there.

It could be a big game preview. Some kind of lobby. Including every important informations about game and our accounts at one place.

Maybe other people use it differently but to me the launcher is just something to get past. Doesn't matter what's on it or how it's presented, if I've opened the launcher it's because I want to get in the game. I put my password in as soon as it comes up, hit enter and then do something else for a minute while the autolaunch countdown finishes and the game loads, then I start playing.

If there was more or different info on the launcher I'd ignore it like I do now and if I was forced to click through it that would just be an annoyance stopping me from getting into the game.

I'd rather get info on events, promotions etc online because then I've chosen to spend my time reading the internet so it fits what I want to be doing at the time.

It dont matter that much what u specially do tbh. Cause your subconscious works without your knowledge anyway.Well done launcher may include images with most important informations too. And u dont have to click anything.All u have to do is look at it for a sec ;)

Getting informations ingame is fine too. But some of them may just act negatively for our playing impressions.

I know its a complete waste of my time and frankly deserve the response, but I'm just post it anyway.....

A. I like having my bandwidth dedicated toward important things, like downloading patches, and not downloading random videos that have about a 20% chance of being relevant to my interest.B. Its not worth making the launcher smarter without an advertising algorithm to back it up. And at this point, Anet doesn't even produce enough out of game content to fill a feed with enough interesting stuff.
C. And no..... Streamers wouldn't be a solution, given this game isn't anywhere near as fun to watch as it is to play. Which leaves around 3 Content partner videos (aka youtubers) to post , which lag behind current events by at least a day or two due to how information flows.

What you "think" you want requires an intelligent content system that this game doesn't have resources for, and would effectively have to be a social media platform or attached to one. Plus you have to account for the amount of censorship and screening that content will have, seeing as their part of company's PR wing. I don't think fully appreciate (or more appropriately "grasp") how a system like this would be set up, and how it would have to directly compete with other "all in one solution" platforms that don't work as a concept when you're bound to its ecosystem.

Honestly....... how much time do you spend outside of the game instead of "in it", that you need yet another crowded homepage trying to vie for your attention?

Archived