Weaver Scholars please rate my PVE build so I can improve it!

Makion.3457

I have been playing Weaver for a looong time, I did almost 50% world completion, all the story instances and fractals T3 with this pve build and It works fine to me but I feel theres room for improvement, so what would you change? I mainly rotate Fire earth for protection damage fire air for speed busts and crits.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFIQJAsYnMIC9MgFOAmNA8RgFBArYT2EPDBBgQ5D4eVHr31A-jxhDQBA4BA8G9Emc/Bno8LZq/0FlgR4EAAA-e

Go either full power or full condi. Hybrid never really works. Also air is a much better traitline for sword than arcane. You can instantly switch to double air with fresh air and have a pretty high fury uptime on your own if you go power. But don't pick so many condi traits with just sinister armour and rest berserker.

I would go full power since you can easily use it for fractals or raid if you decide to go into that later.Personally I use Air (321) trait line instead of Arcane and use Bolt to the Heart instead of Fresh Air, I don't find the cooldown time between elements that bad in pve.For sigils, I use Force/Air but maybe you could look at Bloodlust if you plan to go full power.For utilities, I prefer the Signet heal (it's enough healing for me), w/Glyph and Primordial Stance. But if you're struggling to survive then Glyph/Arcane Shield should be enough.

@Nephalem.8921 said:Go either full power or full condi. Hybrid never really works. Also air is a much better traitline for sword than arcane. You can instantly switch to double air with fresh air and have a pretty high fury uptime on your own if you go power. But don't pick so many condi traits with just sinister armour and rest berserker.

I play hybrid weaver (fire/water arcane weaver) and its very effective in spvp, wvw and has high enough dps that it coasts through fractals and open world pve. Raids are the only issue depending on the group, as this requires min maxing for some enrage timers and raid rushers.

@ThiBash.5634 said:

@"Nephalem.8921" said:Go either full power or full condi. Hybrid never really works.

Apparently it can be done.

But both, full condi and full power are better. And its full grieving with mostly power traits and not a mix like the op plays.

Spvp is completely different since other stuff is important there.

• 2 weeks later...

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:

@Nephalem.8921 said:Go either full power or full condi. Hybrid never really works. Also air is a much better traitline for sword than arcane. You can instantly switch to double air with fresh air and have a pretty high fury uptime on your own if you go power. But don't pick so many condi traits with just sinister armour and rest berserker.

I play hybrid weaver (fire/water arcane weaver) and its very effective in spvp, wvw and has high enough dps that it coasts through fractals and open world pve. Raids are the only issue depending on the group, as this requires min maxing for some enrage timers and raid rushers.

Not true, you'd get kicked out of cm fractal groups for low dps as well.

@Feanor.2358 said:

i've never been kicked out of a fractal in what 4 years, and i've rarely been in a fractal that struggles to slaughter the bosses. The minimum dps for a fractal is a mile below the optimal or even viable level and some meter watchers fail to understand that, but that's their problem really.

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:

@"Nephalem.8921" said:Go either full power or full condi. Hybrid never really works. Also air is a much better traitline for sword than arcane. You can instantly switch to double air with fresh air and have a pretty high fury uptime on your own if you go power. But don't pick so many condi traits with just sinister armour and rest berserker.

i've never been kicked out of a fractal in what 4 years, and i've rarely been in a fractal that struggles to slaughter the bosses. The minimum dps for a fractal is a mile below the optimal or even viable level and some meter watchers fail to understand that, but that's their problem really.

I said "cm group", not "fractal group". CMs don't have dps requirements either and you can theoretically complete them with any, but in practice experienced players who play them daily want pretty good dps in their group because this translates to much smoother runs. Every decent group phases the bosses in single burst, and that makes a huge difference because it reduces dramatically the number of mechanics they have to deal with. Less mechanics equal less chances to fail one, and failing mechanics in CMs often cause group wipes so you really don't want that. So you see, it's not my problem at all. It's all very logical and reasonable. It's not your way, and that's fine. But this doesn't make it a problem.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@"Nephalem.8921" said:Go either full power or full condi. Hybrid never really works. Also air is a much better traitline for sword than arcane. You can instantly switch to double air with fresh air and have a pretty high fury uptime on your own if you go power. But don't pick so many condi traits with just sinister armour and rest berserker.

I said "cm group", not "fractal group". CMs don't have dps requirements either and you can theoretically complete them with any, but in practice experienced players who play them daily want pretty good dps in their group because this translates to much smoother runs. Every decent group phases the bosses in single burst, and that makes a huge difference because it reduces dramatically the number of mechanics they have to deal with. Less mechanics equal less chances to fail one, and failing mechanics in CMs often cause group wipes so you really don't want that. So you see, it's not my problem at all. It's all very logical and reasonable. It's not your way, and that's fine. But this doesn't make it a problem.

misread, yup top cm's are in same territory as raid groups for a lot of people.

Archived