Deadeye perma stealth + massive damage needs to be changed

Abraxxus.8971

@Abraxxus.8971 said:If a deadeye wants to be have perma stealth, they need to take a massive damage reduction or take 2x or 3x damage while they are kneeling in position.there is already not much reason to kneel aside when you actually need that little extra range or projectile block in both cases your not likely to get damaged anyway. so can you explain how that will improve your experience against a deadeye?@Abraxxus.8971 said:This crap of being able to constantly stealth on command and deal massive damage at anytime is not balance in anyway.they cant stealth when dealing damage. its either damage or stealth. i dont see how too much stealth can be an issue in spvp where this prevents capture point contribution. stealth aside from using it to hide your tracks is pretty much countered by the mode itself.

why not a class other than a thief cannot be the first in the PvP even if it is an exception can never be an endless invisibility why cannot it reach too much distance why do not you touch thieves i do not like burglars and i cannot play i cannot play any necro or a revenant can easily get nerf. rise ability you can not use a lot of talent is still trapped guardian is used more than a thief magician is invisible or what are you trying to do in mesmer you are building your thieves parties with your own friends is going to this selfishness who are you trying to yuce. you are afraid of some crowded guilds and also you are afraid of people who are angry with the people I have difficulty to swear I am not very good at pvp but I do not want to be a target board as soon as you are dealing with your wish to stay asleep note this text was created using translate

@"Egorum.9506" said:

Such a skilless noob for dying to that

Man you got played HARD. Precast wurm next time! (thats the only thing that can save you on that build)If you had it summoned in a convenient direction already, you'd have had 0.5 seconds to react and port you behind a wall. Just 1 click and the thiefs entire setup and cooldows all wasted.

But on the long run, necros are hardcountered by DE; it's the entire teams job to keep them contained. If you keep playing necro, and your team has no designated DE hunters, get ready for a hard time!

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@"Egorum.9506" said:

Man you got played HARD. Precast wurm next time! (thats the only thing that can save you on that build)If you had it summoned in a convenient direction already, you'd have had 0.5 seconds to react and port you behind a wall. Just 1 click and the thiefs entire setup and cooldows all wasted.

But on the long run, necros are hardcountered by DE; it's the entire teams job to keep them contained. If you keep playing necro, and your team has no designated DE hunters, get ready for a hard time!

I'm aware man, had no idea he was even on this side of the map due to perma stealth. I knew they had a de, couldn't even get the flesh wurm up to prepare for him in time.

Spent the rest of the match being spawn camped while both of the core guards on my team pushed far or fed mid. Placements week is the tits

I agree with you 100%. It creates a almost uncounterable playstyle where they are free to do as they want and you are left wondering for sometimes upwards of 30 seconds when they well come back, open up on you and 1 shot you. It's getting ridiculous and takes the skill out of counterplay unless you have reveal which not everyone has and deadeyes can even circumvent that due to traiting.

@"Egorum.9506" said:

Nah bro. That's ridiculous. By the time you realized what happened, you pressed plague signet but had died already. Even if you pressed shroud, you still would have been stunned, had no way to reach him because your're melee obvious, your shroud would have been gone just as fast and then in the next round of stealth and burst you'd be dead. If you used fleshworm you might have been able to escape but all that aside, serious? you walk to a point, and die in less than a second while being stunned. I don't think so.

@Jalal.6783 said:

@"Egorum.9506" said:

Nah bro. That's ridiculous. By the time you realized what happened, you pressed plague signet but had died already. Even if you pressed shroud, you still would have been stunned, had no way to reach him because your're melee obvious, your shroud would have been gone just as fast and then in the next round of stealth and burst you'd be dead. If you used fleshworm you might have been able to escape but all that aside, serious? you walk to a point, and die in less than a second while being stunned. I don't think so.

Even if I had played perfectly, known he was there and gotten out of Los. He still had shadowstep available to move into Los and finish me off point.

I put the video up because there are certain unwinnable scenarios, and people need to understand that instead of screaming git gud while they furiously jerk one out. It's busted and needs addressed

@Coolguy.8702 said:De isnt op rofl. Killing necros is like the only thing they’re good at, what you should do next time is bring the poison field when you know the other team has a deadeye.

Unblockable skills like dj still hit through it, 3/4s cast time, just like the fleshwurm he interrupted me casting, and makes you significantly worse against everyone else.

Not that it matters because unless I've seen that thief that day, there's no way to know it's a deadeye

@Egorum.9506 said:

@Coolguy.8702 said:De isnt op rofl. Killing necros is like the only thing they’re good at, what you should do next time is bring the poison field when you know the other team has a deadeye.

Unblockable skills like dj still hit through it, 3/4s cast time, just like the fleshwurm he interrupted me casting, and makes you significantly worse against everyone else.

Not that it matters because unless I've seen that thief that day, there's no way to know it's a deadeye

Specialization icons in PvP need to be a Thing.

Also precast wurm behind the wall or away from the point behi d the wall as you run up.

Ez

@Egorum.9506 said:

Then dodge the fuc**ng skill, nec has 2 dodges, all their others dont go through it.You could’ve easily entered reaper shroud, popped up stability and use another projectile destruction skill ( deaths charge)

While thats true, de’s are a lot more common now so its best assume all thieves are. Poison cloud is also mandatory if the other team has a ranger

Only counter to this playstlye is endure pains or any other traited invuln. Ele arcana shield trait gets chewed to sh it and its useless in this sitchuation....i would LOVE to see a 20-50% damage reduction in stealth and or a 25-33% speed reduction as well just for being in stealth so that there perma swiftness isnt always just what it is.

@Jalal.6783 said:I agree with you 100%. It creates a almost uncounterable playstyle where they are free to do as they want and you are left wondering for sometimes upwards of 30 seconds when they well come back, open up on you and 1 shot you. It's getting ridiculous and takes the skill out of counterplay unless you have reveal which not everyone has and deadeyes can even circumvent that due to traiting.

Please show a video of the skills where there is a 1 shot button

I play thief. And I play deadeye some times. There is no 1 shot button I am aware of.

There is a 3 round burst button. Which when I play against good players they Dodge after 1st dmg hits which is about 3k per shot. I then try it again n they Dodge or reflect.

By this time they would have close the gap in which I have to teleport. I try again 2 times and if it doesn't work I have to run.

Yeah there is a death judgement you can get if you successfully get 2 3 round bursts. which do like 9k but there literally is a laser that shows up at you. Showing you where he is and what is about to happen And you have 2-3 seconds you can do something about it.

There is no speed boos. aoe cc or condition would basically kill me.

I don't see how different this is to a rangers sic em unload which does equal amounts of damage while having speedy boost and mobility.

Dead eyes have little health. Almost zero Condi cleanse and close to no mobility. There should be high damage.... Unless you want a class to have non so you can just kill them.

People's opinions are so extreme towards this spec. Every you join a team and they want to kick you because it's useless or people call it op. But seriously I think it's pretty even. A good mes,engi cc guard would completely shut a deadeye down in seconds.Just like how a scourage can shut down most people within distance.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Only counter to this playstlye is endure pains or any other traited invuln. Ele arcana shield trait gets chewed to sh it and its useless in this sitchuation....i would LOVE to see a 20-50% damage reduction in stealth and or a 25-33% speed reduction as well just for being in stealth so that there perma swiftness isnt always just what it is.

There is no perma swiftness. I don't know where you get this from. Please point me to the trait that gives perma swiftness. The speed boost you get being in stealth that says 50% movement increase is not the same as the 33% speed boost. It's about half as fast. Go make one and see for your self.

So what you are saying is. You want a deadeye to have no damage so he can't kill you. No mobility or stealth so you can go up to them and 2 hit them?

When a deadeye does good damage they have to kneel. Which they can't move... So if you get to them and aoe on the spot it's a guarantee hit

No, what I'm saying is killing someone in under a second from stealth is poor design.

See the Rev thread for why it wouldn't matter if I had broken the stun, removed the immob, and gotten behind cover. Hint: he still has a teleport and then I have no CDs or hp. Better to die on point.

Not that it matters since I had no idea he was there until I was half dead, full dead .25s later. Check out the limitations on human reaction time forum heroes =D

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Abraxxus.8971 said:If a deadeye wants to be have perma stealth, they need to take a massive damage reduction or
take 2x or 3x damage while they are kneeling in position
.there is already not much reason to kneel aside when you actually need that little extra range or projectile block in both cases your not likely to get damaged anyway. so can you explain how that will improve your experience against a deadeye?@Abraxxus.8971 said:This crap of being able to constantly stealth on command and deal massive damage at anytime is not balance in anyway.they cant stealth when dealing damage. its either damage or stealth. i dont see how too much stealth can be an issue in spvp where this prevents capture point contribution. stealth aside from using it to hide your tracks is pretty much countered by the mode itself.

Not really. When you burst the guy he is dead and there for there is nothing contesting the point. We both know how silly de is in a keep/tower in wvw and it's no different here neither.

Archived