Sending mail to strangers in mapchat/whispers

A few weeks ago now I had a duplicate dye I wanted to give away to someone random in the map I was in at that moment. A few people whispered me and said "oo give it to me" in mapchat and no matter how long I tried, I could not send the mail to anyone. I recall earlier you were able to rightclick someone's name, anyone's name, and send an email. Now it only opens my mail but doesn't actually compose a new mail.

I have sent a ticket for it, just to see if they perhaps had changed the system. And as response I can confirm that this is a bug and that being able to send gifts like this to people in map chat should be able, but it isn't right now.

A few days ago I tried this again to see if they had maybe patched it meanwhile, and as I have not seen this bug brought up anywhere else I'm putting it here.): Please let me send my duplicate dyes to friendly strangers in any given map again. It would not only make them happy to receive a dye they haven't unlocked yet for free, but also make me happy with the fact I can make someone else very happy with some item I don't need.

Archived