Beware: Deadeye is going to be a one trick pony.

Tarinis.6054

I've seen it before in other games, and its going to happen here. Deadeye does one thing. Damage at range. That is their sole purpose, and without damage will be useless. No buffs, no aoe, nothing. If the numbers get adjusted in any sort of nerfs, the entire spec is going to be far from entertaning or effective. What worries me, is having good damage, at range, with a few stealth abilities at our disposal is not going to sit well with the community or devs.

I do not want to turn anyone off to the class, but play at your own risk.

It's definitely something I'm looking forward to, but not for solo-roaming. I foresee myself using DeadEye and Rifle when I have a roaming partner or two, where I can disengage and lose the focus off myself easily, allowing for some pretty good long-range and surprise setups while the enemy is focused elsewhere.

One trick pony? Well, what about the "100 Might Skill"?

Major Adept: When you cast a Cantrip gain one new random stolen skill.Major Master: Stolen skills apply their boons to allies near you and apply their conditions to foes around your marked target.Major Grandmaster: Hitting your marked target with a stolen skill grants might to allies around your mark. If you are outside the range threshold, might is also granted to allies around you. (10 Targets, 10 Might each)

and of course: Improvisation: You can use stolen skills twice.

So basically you can buff your team and debuff your enemies over and over again.

Sure he has a very long range (is there actually something with 1500 other than deadeye?) and deals a lot of damage, but he is definetly not a one trick pony.

edit: just seen the Raid-Deadeye which is exactly what i meant.

@Asur.9178 said:

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:Who cares, as long as it is fun.

People who PvP or does hardcore PvE contents, and want to change things up a bit now and then, care...that's who cares.

There will be no elite spec that will please everyone. Besides, Deadeye will still be fun to mess with in PvP and PvE. It may not be optimal in some contexts, but that's a good thing: I wouldn't want to see DD being replaced everywhere.

@Zeroth.7046 said:

@Asur.9178 said:

People who PvP or does hardcore PvE contents, and want to change things up a bit now and then, care...that's who cares.

There will be no elite spec that will please everyone. Besides, Deadeye will still be fun to mess with in PvP and PvE. It may not be optimal in some contexts, but that's a good thing: I wouldn't want to see DD being replaced everywhere.

Daredevil won't get replaced anywhere. Heck, deadeye can't even touch daredevils place the slightest.

@Warrost.4895 said:

@Zeroth.7046 said:

@Asur.9178 said:

Daredevil won't get replaced anywhere. Heck, deadeye can't even touch daredevils place the slightest.

Overexaggeration. Deadeye and Daredevil are two completely different playstyles. Even if Deadeye is on the opposite spectrum as Daredevil, Deadeye still has it's strong points like burst, support and enough damage boosts to relax the manditory zerk gear req that the profession has been plagued with. A few things daredevil can't do.

Apples to oranges, mate.

@Tarinis.6054 said:I've seen it before in other games, and its going to happen here. Deadeye does one thing. Damage at range. That is their sole purpose, and without damage will be useless. No buffs, no aoe, nothing. If the numbers get adjusted in any sort of nerfs, the entire spec is going to be far from entertaning or effective. What worries me, is having good damage, at range, with a few stealth abilities at our disposal is not going to sit well with the community or devs.

I do not want to turn anyone off to the class, but play at your own risk.

• Damage at rangeWhat stops you from using Dagger or Sword?

• No buffsYou get a lot of boons from the new stolen skills, malice stacks a lot of damage modifiers, and traits give insane boons as wellYou also get REVEALED REMOVAL.

• No AoEThat's for the Shortbow - alternatively Shadow Gust and Shadow Flare are AoE

Deadeye =/= using rifle only and Deadeyes gain a lot of bufs through boons and unique effects.

It's a one trick pony if you play it as a one trick pony.

@Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

@Kreed.2768 said:

@LazerusKI.7485 said:Sure he has a very long range (is there actually something with 1500 other than deadeye?)

Only longbow on ranger and mortar kit on engineer, I believe.

Kill Shot, too.

However with Longbow and Ranger, the closer someone gets to you, the less damage you deal. Thief's deadeye won't have that issue when using rifle.

Archived