Why has the Jackal portals not been fixed yet? And why won't any Devs answer this question?

The jackal sand portals have been a major issue since the POF release. Every time you port through a sand portal it crashes to the character select screen. sometimes it seems like it won't and then you move and it crashes. When you re-enter into that same character you have ported to the other side. But the crashing and re-logging is getting insane. It has gotten to a point where its not even worth using the mount and makes map completion in some map a real pain as some of the map is only accessible using the jackal. So my question for the Devs is, why is this taking so dam long to fix? Are you even looking into it as its been an issue since release of POF? There have been a lot of tickets submitted about this issue. Do you need more info from the players? Then tell us that. Whats the point in adding new content in maps that require the use of a mount that doesn't work? Please for my sanity look into this. I've tried every way I can think of to get an answer and still nothing. So I think I might need to start spamming the forums with this same question until I finally get an answer.

@Simulator.4687 said:The jackal sand portals have been a major issue since the POF release. Every time you port through a sand portal it crashes to the character select screen. sometimes it seems like it won't and then you move and it crashes.Not me, I've never crashed a single time from using them. I don't know of anyone in my guild for whom these are problematic.(I don't mean that there isn't any issue, just that it's not as widespread as suggested above.)

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Never happened to me, either (and I play on an out-dated potato computer). Have you tried a -repair of the client? Posted the details of your Crash Report? Contacted the Tech CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below (with or without your Crash Report details)?

Good luck.

OP said "crashed" but really meant "disconnected and dumped me back to the character select screen", not an actual crash.

@"Simulator.4687" said:The jackal sand portals have been a major issue since the POF release. Every time you port through a sand portal it crashes to the character select screen. sometimes it seems like it won't and then you move and it crashes.I have never experienced this "major issue" since the PoF release.

Have you tried to perform the repair client? Have you tried to re-install (painful but sometime it works)?Have you moved GW2 files to your main internal disk? Should not store it in External Hard-drive!Have you checked your Ping and connection?Have you been running other apps background while playing GW2?Have you looked Pc's Spec-Requirement in order to download and run GW2?

From all the responses above, only you have the "major issue". Its from your end. Dont blame it to the devs

• ArenaNet Staff

Please note that this is not how members should post about bugs. For example:

1. Demanding an answer and calling out the devs is not appropriate.
  2. Threatening to "spam the forums" until you get an answer is utterly unacceptable.
  3. Posing that something is a universal issue without knowledge that it indeed is impacting all players, or a substantial number of players. Until you know others also are having a problem, posting to make it seem a widespread problem is hyperbole. As one can see, not a single person in this thread has experienced this issue. That points to it being, as members have said, an isolated issue, perhaps related to your system, ISP, connection, Internet backbone, etc. A universal problem for all (or even some, apparently) other players would be responded to in the affirmative by at least a few members in this thread, and yet all have not had this problem.

We're always sorry when people have issues playing our game. We do our best to address any that are within our power to correct. But forum members need to submit bug reports properly. In this case, because there's a "crash" of some kind, it seems reporting in the game isn't possible. Therefore, submitting a customer support ticket would be the proper way to ask for help with this. When you mention that "a lot of ticket have been submitted," I'm assuming those are yours. Please provide me with the ticket number(s) for those you have submitted, so I can look into this further. Because your account has been suspended due to the above abuses and what appears to be start of efforts to carry out the spamming threat, you'll need to write Forums@Arena.Net to get that information to me.

Archived